Looks like a classic case of over watering - But I believe it is not

0013732.jpg

I have been learning to grow since March. One of the most important things I learned early on was don't over water the plants. So with that said I present the plant above. It is a little more then 5 weeks old. Fox Farm Happy Frog with extra perlite. Fox Farm trio for nutes. It was switched to 12/12 and moved to my tiny flowering tent 3 days ago. It was watered early the morning of the move. It left a 450 watt LED in the veg tent and is under an identical 450 watt LED. It has not been watered since the move. The pot is 1 gallon in size and when checking this morning still has water for the plant. The plant's color is rich, dark green and not showing any deficiencies or toxicity.

I'm not in panic mode.............yet...............but am honestly at a loss. Based on my pretty limited knowledge my guesses would be that A) the plant is going through some sort of shock going into the 12/12 lighting and new envronment. Or B) Perhaps because it's in such a small pot it may be salt locked? And finally C) It didn't like the Tiger Bloom when fed 3 days ago.

The sharing of your knowledge and taking the time to do so is appreciated.

Not the most experienced grower but from what you say about it not looking good after Tiger bloom this could be your issue, when switched to flowering those bloom nutes may have been abit premature.
I personally would feed plain water next time you feed and see what the plant tells you after that.

Not the most experienced grower but from what you say about it not looking good after Tiger bloom this could be your issue, when switched to flowering those bloom nutes may have been abit premature.
I personally would feed plain water next time you feed and see what the plant tells you after that.

I never give my plants the amount of nutrients called for in the charts. Usually I use about 50% strength so not too strong, but it was it's first time with that nutrient. I just don't have enough grow experience to be able to say....."Yep, I've seen this before switching this strain to 12/12 and feeding it Tiger Bloom." Does that make sense? It's just speculation.

I have been reading about transplanting after placing a plant into flowering. The vast majority say not to do it with a variety of reasons why not to do it. And then there was a fair amount of guys and gals who said if you're gentle, careful, and your plant really needs to be transplanted you should do it.

Well I took the plant above and moved it from a 1 gallon pot into a 3 gallon pot at 12:00 pm this afternoon. Here it is at 6:05 today........just 6 hours after transplanting. What an amazing transformation.

0013734.jpg

I have been reading about transplanting after placing a plant into flowering. The vast majority say not to do it with a variety of reasons why not to do it. And then there was a fair amount of guys and gals who said if you're gentle, careful, and your plant really needs to be transplanted you should do it.

Well I took the plant above and moved it from a 1 gallon pot into a 3 gallon pot at 12:00 pm this afternoon. Here it is at 6:05 today........just 6 hours after transplanting. What an amazing transformation.

0013734.jpg
She was unhappy...now she is relaxed

Nice job...you will be glad in two months you did it

Quick suggestion

Don't over water her now, remember the area of roots you put into this pot, water a bit outside that but don't drench this pot..let her search a bit for water

Yep, that's exactly what I did. I watered the ring of new soil outside the 1 gallon plug. The plug had a ton of roots, all healthy but definitely too thick.

Hopefully it will continue to look happy and healthy.

Yep, that's exactly what I did. I watered the ring of new soil outside the 1 gallon plug. The plug had a ton of roots, all healthy but definitely too thick.

Hopefully it will continue to look happy and healthy.
She looks fantastic!!!

Great job

In my opinion your pot was fine. I've raised plants three times that size in a pot that size. (After awhile it's almost hydroponic and since I don't grow 8 foot plants indoors I don't worry about root-bound.) It's either Big Bloom or Tiger Bloom that shocked your plants (which one is the brown goopy stuff with bat guano?) It did the same to my plants awhile back. I stay with the greenish fertilizer since.

Back
Top Bottom