Looks like something is eating my leaves!

vickg35

I just noticed my leaves doing this not sure what it could be , could really use some help.
20150305_215701.jpg
20150305_215716.jpg
20150305_215704.jpg
20150305_215716.jpg
20150305_215633.jpg

Sorry should of listed that already but I am growing in happy Frog soil with a little worm castings. PH is about 6.6 , i havent checked the runoff. I'm feeding some organic nutes a buddy gave me not quite sure what its in. I could ask. I also have a humidifier.
Lighting is a 400w mh at 16" away. Noticed this on the top leaves. I did see a gnat a while back but haven't seen any since.

It also looks like some of the leaves might be slightly twisted/deformed near the damaged areas, and that resembles PH problems as well:

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Have you calibrated your meter recently? You can test the low end with distilled white vinegar, and it should read 2.4. And you can test the high end using a soft drink, you just have to search for that specific companies PH level used in their product.

Yes I have calibrated my meter , I'll check he runoff the next time I water as well. I keep pH at about 6.6 when I water

Then everything else sounds good, and it looks like closetorganic might have the answer.

The only other possibility is a light that's too close, and the damage is caused from intensity, and not the actual heat, but your light is a pretty good distance from the plants right now, so I didn't think that was a possibility. It's just the edges of the damaged/twisted spots look like it grew that way.

I would watch all the new growth closely at the top of the plant. If you see this problem still occurring on more leaves on the top, I would move the light up a little more, and see if that changes anything.

If you don't see any new problems appear similar to this, I would guess that whatever problem that caused it is gone, at least for right now.

They look really good there, keep doing what you're doing, because you've done a good job so far.

If you have more questions, I've always found this topic to be a great resource: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Do you have any plans for training them at all? If you've been thinking about it, this is a topic written by a pro that coveres all kinds of training in depth: How To: Bend and top your way to a 1 pound monster

Other than that, keep kicking ass on the grow, it looks 1000x better than my first grow, which we won't discuss :)

Yeah I was thinking of doing LST , ill definetly check out the thread. They are 1 month today from seed , I have them in a 2x4x5 tent so it's gunna be a tight one. Gotta figure something out.

This is a really old post but im looking for answers as well if anyone knows what could be causing these issues. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom