Loosing them?

Baja Big Dog

Am I loosing them? Leaves are yellow, and curling up and browning, heres what Ive done..

Im in week 5 of flower, got some great looking buds, but this is worrying me..

Ebb and flood, water 6 times a day for 20 min
I flushed for two days with PH'ed water, 5.7
then started over..

Added Cal Mag to 300 PPM (which was about 25 tsp, per the label I should be using 50 tsp (two tsps per gallon) but the guy at the hydro store told me to only add it to an increase of 200-300 PPM,
Added Liquid Karma per label
added Pro Bloom, (using Pro Bloom for soil, guy sold me the wrong one, afterwords said it would be OK)
Added Hydroplex

That was three days ago, and I know the bad leaves wont get better, but more seem to be getting bad.

Im at 88-90 temps, but Im using C02
Humidity at 40

IMG_58581.JPG

IMG_58522.JPG

IMG_58551.JPG

Im thinking Phosphorus

It looks to me like either nutrient burn, phos. is getting locked out, or your using a grow tent (toxic). Soil nutes are not good for hydro and will cause all sorts of issues like deficiencies, ph drift perhaps even lockout. What is the ppm/tds of your nutrient solution and of your "clean" water? What is the growing medium? You may be severely under nourishing them also.
This is a tough one...really more info is needed...... I would: get the proper nutrients, lower the temps, ditch the Co2 until the garden isnt showing issues, do a flush with a flushing agent, then probably flood half as often.

They may live but the quantity will be disappointing, quality can still be ok but not what it could have been.

It looks to me like either nutrient burn, phos. is getting locked out, or your using a grow tent (toxic). Soil nutes are not good for hydro and will cause all sorts of issues like deficiencies, ph drift perhaps even lockout. What is the ppm/tds of your nutrient solution and of your "clean" water? What is the growing medium? You may be severely under nourishing them also.
This is a tough one...really more info is needed...... I would: get the proper nutrients, lower the temps, ditch the Co2 until the garden isnt showing issues, do a flush with a flushing agent, then probably flood half as often.

They may live but the quantity will be disappointing, quality can still be ok but not what it could have been.

Thanks fly..

Im hydro, Rockwool and cocomat. In a closet where they have been for three months, with no major problems, (had fricken yellow leaves for months!! My RO water shows NO ppm, I do have some problems holding PH, I mixed my nutes and ph'ed to 5.7, three days later it was 4.9.

I was concerned about the soil nutes, and the hydro guy blew it off, (Yep...hes the dickweek that sold me the stuff!!)..and a gallon of the crap to boot, and it was supposed to be 20% off for his grand opening, which it wasnt!! dont get me started!! The Hydro Source, Covina CA

My ppms were at 1600 after mixing the nutes, starting off with 300 PPM of CalMag, then adding nuites per the label, and when finished, Im at 1600. I did flush with 5.7 RO water, and remixed, and I dont think the problem is getting worse, hard to say, I was thinking of trimming the bad leaves so I can get a baseline of the new damage if any.

Dang I was hoping this would be an easy one!! lol
RaceFan is an expert at hydro, send him a PM as he could probably help you out where I am failing :/
I did alot of research and only found that the P (soil) is about half of the hydro formula's P ratio. And the soil formula (according to the web site) is supposed to be good for the final stage of flower but didnt say anything about earlier flower growth. Sorry couldnt be more help

I would say nute burn for sure not sure what strain your working with but I've experienced burn from ProBlend when mixed to strength...Nuked some nice HIPPY HAZE with same Flush and Pray You said that you've been having yellowing problems all along sounds like you got behind in the veg recheck how you are flushing the rock wool to prepare for plants. Soake 12 + hrs in 5.0 ph drain and stack cubes to dry out, plant and light feeding I never could get the results with their grow formula it was easier to change to Flora Nova grow and haven't looked back it works on what I got....

OK, so heres what I did, I flushed, and tried another Hydro Store, (wonder if allowable to name names??), well this one was in Whttier, CA....although they will not talk about growing pot, (regardless of your medical status with the state) but they did offer some great help.

Turns out that I was incorrectly adding nutes, and if I added the nutes per the directions, the PPM's went through the roof, so I added Cal Mag to 200PPM (about half of what the directions called for!!), then added Pro Bloom (for hydro...not soil nutes like the last dick head sold me) to ad increase of 800PPM, then added liquid Karma to another increase of 300-400 PPM, for a total of 1300 PPM, lower than the 1800 I was running!!

The end results are no more burned tips....

Back
Top Bottom