Los Angeles County Finalizes Its Ban On Pot Shops

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Pro-pot protesters made their stand, but in the end the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors had its way and outlawed pot shops in the areas of L.A. it controls.

That means no medical weed dispensaries for unincorporated areas of the county, where about 1 million people live.

The board voted 4-1 today to finalize its move against the stores, with only Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky dissenting.

The board was concerned that, after the city of L.A. outlawed most of its pot shops, some would try to move to those unincorporated areas of the county that weren't yet covered by a ban.

Well, now they are. The rule goes into effect in 30 days.

Sorry stoners.

Good news though: There will still be as many as 180 legal pot shops in the city of L.A. So come on down, because Los Angeles is your bud.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: laweekly.com
Author: Dennis Romero
Copyright: 2010 LA Weekly, LP
Contact: Los Angeles News, Events, Restaurants, Music LA Weekly
Website: Los Angeles County Finalizes Its Ban On Pot Shops - Los Angeles News - The Informer

This Dennis Romero character is a terrible human being. Read some of his other articles. He is a complete low life. I'm sure everyone else has noticed the hostility towards people in our community, from most people that oppose our views. I certainly don't hate people that disagree with me, it is puzzling and sad that they seem to hate us.

Sorry, but it makes me angry when mmj patients are referred to as "stoners" or "potheads," which Romero likes to do. It undermines our cause. I don't think that my mother, who is a paraplegic, is a stoner. I don't think that people with cancer or aids are "potheads." I agree that his articles are relevant, and would like them to be posted here, but someone who lacks human compassion is basically a sociopath. A stretch, I know, but not that big of one, IMHO.
:peace:

what i really hate is when celebrities who use mmj go on talk shows and make jokes about mmj, and mmj using comedians. snoop is one of them who is very guilty of this. do they think it really helps the cause? i'm sorta getting tired of all the stoner comedy movies too. maybe i'm just taking it too seriously or i'm too close to the cause or i'm getting too old, well for sure i'm getting too old :cool:

i once was a stoner/pothead. i got sick and now i'm a patient.

I agree with you one thousand percent, wise one. Seth Rogan was on Conan several weeks ago, and it made me sad and angry the way spoke of mmj. I love Cheech and Chong, but they set our cause back 50 years, because of the stereotypes perpetuated by their comedy. I will take regular comedies over stoner comedies, any day. Although Smiley Face, with Anna Faris, was great. Don't worry, you are not too old or taking it too seriously. This is a very important, and serious cause.
:peace:

reason number 632 to move out of LA.

what i really hate is when celebrities who use mmj go on talk shows and make jokes about mmj, and mmj using comedians. snoop is one of them who is very guilty of this. do they think it really helps the cause? i'm sorta getting tired of all the stoner comedy movies too. maybe i'm just taking it too seriously or i'm too close to the cause or i'm getting too old, well for sure i'm getting too old :cool:

i once was a stoner/pothead. i got sick and now i'm a patient.

Anytime it's mentioned in the media it's always tounge in cheek or with a chuckle, like "what are those silly stoners up to this time" har har har. Even our own president gets a laugh when he mentions it.

No one is laughing when AIDS or MS patients need it for medicine. Sure pot is fun but it so much more.

I have no problem with pot jokes but if it's such a lite subject, why is not legal?

Back
Top Bottom