Losing My Grow Virginity

Also, if anyone has pro tips for drying and curing that they personally use to prevent either a hay-like smell or too much chlorophyll bleeding into the buds while drying. (while avoiding bud rot as well quite obviously)

For sure that makes sense. My Aliyah harvest has been super potent despite drying out too quickly and not having the best of cures. Running her to 100 plus days sure helps I'm sure. She is supposed to be Bangi Haze. This 2046 Medical strain that Jane is has the potential of having around 25% THC in optimal conditions but averages more like 20% allegedly.

I will use the weight test to monitor how frequently she is watered and fed. I am just making sure I do not overwater and drown her like I did Winona and Paige.

I'm in a low humidity environment. I dried like normal and I dried them too fast. That creates the hay smell. It slowly goes away if you cure for a long time. This next time I'm going to hang the whole plant so I can sloe the drying process to preserve the terpines and smells. That's my plan anyway.

8/13PM - N94 Jane

FullSizeRender142.jpg

FullSizeRender_1_36.jpg

FullSizeRender_2_46.jpg

IMG_228024.JPG

I gave Jane 50% of the week 8 feeding schedule diluted in a gallon of water. I broke up the gallon into 1 half right away to pull oxygen through the roots and then broke up the remaining half into 4 soaks evenly along the perimeter of the pot. I also reattached some of her restraints that had been off for several days now.

Great looking lady Kyu, are you pulling off that dead leaf matter? It will attract bugs and disease if left on there. Glad to see this girl all grown up and getting closer to harvest. :bravo:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thank you Snid! I have mostly been allowing them to fall on their own once they are brittle enough and then I pick them out of the pot on my next visit to the tent.

WOW have I been slacking! Sorry to be away so long I haven't updated in a while. Here it goes...

8/17 PM 2 quarts water plus 2 tbsp of cal-mag dressing on the top soil.

8/19 PM Jane is 100 days old.

8/21 week 8 Fox Farms feeding schedule diluted into 1 gallon of filtered tap (50% concentrate)

8/24 2 quarts of water filtered
Wednesday's Pictures
image110070.JPG

image210053.JPG

image37449.JPG

image41046.JPG

8/26 PM N107 - Gave 1 gallon of Week 9 Fox Farms feeding schedule at 100% concentration.
Friday night's Pictures
FullSizeRender145.jpg

IMG_236025.JPG

IMG_235721.JPG

IMG_235623.JPG

This journal has become more of a bimonthly update than a weekly update but allow me to catch everyone up...as of tonight Jane is 131 days old? I feel like somehow this number got skewed way back and my count is off but either way I'm running her for at least another week and a half before chopping her down. I really hope she has a decent yield based upon time and her overall size.

Here are the cliff notes of what her water and feed schedule has been like.

8/30P 1 quart filtered tap
9/1P 1 gal week 9 FF feed 100% concentrate
9/4P 2 quarts water
9/6P week 10 FF @100% concentrate
9/9p 2 quarts filtered taps
9/12P 100% week 10 FF schedule 1gal
9/15P 3 quarts filtered tap
9/18P 1 gal week 11 FF sched 100% concentrate

I am going to get to at least two feedings of week 12 before chopping her down. Week 12 will be at 50% concentration the first feed and 25% concentration her last feed. After that she will get one more water before drying a day or two and then chopping. She has not cannibalized her fan leaves too much. I am starting to regret flipping her from her veg to flower so soon considering her size after only 3 weeks of vegging. She could have been a behemoth had I allowed her to grow more and honestly she has been a pleasure to prune and train. Fortunately I have at least two more of the 2046 medical seeds :smokin:

I will certainly provide a smoke report on her after a proper dry and cure. For this one I will plan on trying Noob's technique of hanging the entire plant as to prolong the dry. Aliyah's harvest came out with a bit of hay smell initially from drying too quickly. She ended up curing nicely however and bounced back to become a pleasurable and potent smoke.

Enough babbling on...here are some recent photos over the past week including some from last night:

Thursday night's pics-
FullSizeRender_4_30.jpg

FullSizeRender_3_34.jpg

FullSizeRender_2_47.jpg

FullSizeRender_1_38.jpg

Last night's pics (post-back building) to show off some of the thickening of the colas-
FullSizeRender148.jpg

IMG_243120.JPG

IMG_242922.JPG

I will try to be better about staying updated. The "chop" will for sure have pictures.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Retrospective update:

MY apologies to everyone who was invested in following along on this journal.

For the sake of being cautious I decided against posting up pictures but you will be happy to know that Jane the Medical 2046 pulled in over 4oz of dried bud!

I got so wrapped up in enjoying the fruits of my labor that I didn't post a follow up. As you can imagine there were many many quart-sized mason jars to behold.

I have some other stuff to take care of before I can start a new round of seedlings but I am thinking I may next try Afgooey and Super Silver Haze.

Thank you to all who read along, and in the future I think I will post up everything at once rather than a follow-along guide.

Lol. I'm hiding my grow due to cops, not wife luckily my gf have no problems with my growing

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Really impressive what you managed to do with a trunk. Great job!

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom