Lost Coast - Hash Plant - Balcony Grow

Day 105. All looking good. Been using plain water for the past wee while. Gonna give 1 last feed with black treacle later today and use the run-off again for 2moro. Buds are rock hard and really dense, just like nugs should be. Looking forward to cutting this bad boy down. For a plant in a 2L pot it has done well. May be pleasantly surprised at how much it will weigh once dried.
20160825_171121.jpg
20160825_171144.jpg
20160825_171247.jpg

There a mixture of all 3. Some clear, some cloudy and the occasional amber. Difficult to get a clear close up pic with a phone, although the s7 (which i use) does give quite good close up pics without a macro lens it the best i can do. Got a 100x pocket magnifier but it pretty crap but does give me some idea how close it is. Given another week will take it to around 60+ days of flowering and should be ready to chop.

From such a small plant i expected it to be totally rootbound but not at all. The roots were very sparse but the soild and rootball came out of the pot quite easily. Didnt get any pics of it though. The whole plant bar one branch was washed in lime and baking soda (had no lemon juice) then rinsed and trimmed. She now drying and will take a pic tonight and post later. One branch cut off for a side by side comparison test of washed v unwashed.

From such a small plant i expected it to be totally rootbound but not at all. The roots were very sparse but the soild and rootball came out of the pot quite easily. Didnt get any pics of it though. The whole plant bar one branch was washed in lime and baking soda (had no lemon juice) then rinsed and trimmed. She now drying and will take a pic tonight and post later. One branch cut off for a side by side comparison test of washed v unwashed.

:goodjob:

Well done :)

Hope smoke will be worth the wait :)

So do i. Had a small bud that i accidently chopped off while trimming so dried it quick and smoked it. It was really nice and looking forward to it once it fully dried and cured. End of oct before i try it.

Here it is drying. First pic the whole plant in 2 bits. Second pic is the washed part and third pic is unwashed part. Looking to do side by side blind look and taste tests with me, the mrs and my pals.
20160906_211553.jpg
20160906_211652.jpg
20160906_211738.jpg

Ok. So a dried weight of 3.4g from 1 dinky wee plant in a 2L pot. Not bad considering. It now curing and have already had a smoke since it was dried. Not much weight to be lost during curing so will consider 3.4g is what i got.

The smoke is very nice and makes you very mellow. Probably good for gouching and watching a movie with munchies, and would help drift into a nice mellow sleep. The smell isnt too strong but hoping more after another 3 weeks of curing. Will take a few pics of buds once i get back from hols in around 2.5 weeks time.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I never did get round to taking pics of the dried buds. Still got some left so will take a pic soon. As for the blind test of washed v unwashed - didnt get round to trying it with my pal(s). We had smoked a fair bit and with my boy being here made it a bit more difficult to freely smoke. With viewing we all managed to identify the washed v unwashed buds. Still the blind smoke to be done. Results up in 2 weeks on here so will post once done.

20161202_235910.jpg

As promised, eventually, pics of the buds. Not able to tell from the pic which is washed and unwashed. Also the big(ger) buds had broken up or the mrs put them in the grinder so got smoked. Just cant wait to get growing again next year but need a hand to lug some stuff up to the sites and also need a place to trim and dry. Once they are dried then will get it back home as the jars dont leak any smell.

Good job mate :thumb:

You can build a drying box, paint it camo and hang it on a big conifer, though high RH can be a problem.
Winter and early spring is a good time to prepare the spots, and maybe find a way to gather rain water close to the spots.

Much rather dry indoors as it keeps the bugs/pests at bay. And like you say RH could be a problem. There also the problem of not being able to wash the buds outdoors which if i had budrot or PM i would want to do so. Will be looking for a new spot soon enough as i still need to dismantle the last 3 plots. Water really isnt an issue as there enough rain and water in the ground anyway. Just need to head up with some nutes every now and then.

[Wouldn't Glasgow046069]Well i got my eyes on a few different strains. Ak4resistantto chocolate skunk, auto mazar and kc 45. The last one is a strain designed to grow in nearly sunless and cloudy conditions, perfect for "sunny" scotland, lol.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt bother with anything from that list mate. You need strong mould resistant genetics up north. I tried a ten pack of KC 45 a few years back, the description pulled me in too.. don't believe a word of it! I split them between two very different plots,didn't even come close to harvest! You want Wild White, Royal dane, Hashplant 2 from "hybrids from hell", mighty freeze is also great from canna seeds.

Back
Top Bottom