Lost In The Fog

Converting my first attemted grow closet to a multi layer clone box ;)
With Q-series 5000K strips individually on drivers as tiny as matchboxes :)

Your building a super cloner then. :)

I have some ideas about veg and cloning as well. Don't know if I will get 5000ks for it this time. I still got my Osram ledvance, been thinking of chopping them up in halves to be able to utilize them better. They are 120cm as they are now. Give me a holler when your new thread is a go. :)

Clone era.

Today the clone found it's new home. A mix of clay pebbles and perlite. To my amazement the airdome fit the small square pots I got so many of. If this is a success I will order some more airdomes and a monster air pump. The pot is 3,6L, filled the pot with clay pebbles just to cover the airdome and the rest with perlite.

Your building a super cloner then. :)

I have some ideas about veg and cloning as well. Don't know if I will get 5000ks for it this time. I still got my Osram ledvance, been thinking of chopping them up in halves to be able to utilize them better. They are 120cm as they are now. Give me a holler when your new thread is a go. :)

Nah, just a using some empty capacity for a purpose, and since the clones take up a lot of floor space it's gonna make me able to have more mothers in the veg tent, and maybe be able to run a perpetual SoG in my intended mother/clone tent ;)

It's an old 40x40cm(outside) closet from Ikea, and I think I'll have 3 shelves with clones in there.
I'm just using 0,25L pots and good old soil, not all fancy and techy like you :)

Don't know why I got the 5000K, I bought 2 for a friend and got 2 for myself, don't know why I didn't get the 4000K since there was no bulk discount anyway, and I *think* 4000K is better...
:volcano-smiley:

This is going to be fun running sog along side u. :)

The long and proven soil is always a good way. You know what you get, I never know how I manage until the end. I don't know why I always need to try new ways but I guess its the way progress goes.

Been discussing intensity and kelvins with Shed, we want to get to the bottom with this issue on the cal/mag. Why does the leds cause this with them? Is it the narrow spectrum or is it the intensity? Have any idea? Cant remember having this issue with blurpy leds....

I love SoG, it's just soooo efficient :)

I have 240cm, maybe 250cm floor to ceiling, could have as much as 3 layers, that's 75 plants per m2 o_O

Hmmm don't think it's the light alone, if at all, I've seen it happen to many blurple users, so...
Strain, medium, nutes etc. would always be where I would look, perhaps you're pushing the photosynthetic system harder because you give them more photons and this increase their need for fuel so what you used to give them is no longer enough (?)

3000K-4000K has a wider spectrum than blurples and HPS, that are ~ 2700K and 2000K-2200K respectively.

I haven't had any issues since I got a RO filter :)

Think I have about that same height in my apartment. My problem is the location of the closet. I wan't to move the grow to another closet but that's occupied by my X at the moment and she don't want to move her stuff, don't get me started with that. ;)

But it seemed so much easier growing with hids. When I think I got the plants figured out they go out and do something else. It shouldn't be that hard using your tap water as long as one knows what it's made up of. I'm going to get a chem report on it, we just get the bacterial reports back to work. But I know the lab have reports on it. I have begun to get some purple stalks again on Gg, not so much on Cheese yet. So I'm starting to think they eat up all nitro and leave some salts. Last week I had a little rise in pH in the res and this week it shows a down trend. Can't add more of Canna Terra then EC spikes. :hmmmm:

Think I have about that same height in my apartment. My problem is the location of the closet. I wan't to move the grow to another closet but that's occupied by my X at the moment and she don't want to move her stuff, don't get me started with that. ;)

But it seemed so much easier growing with hids. When I think I got the plants figured out they go out and do something else. It shouldn't be that hard using your tap water as long as one knows what it's made up of. I'm going to get a chem report on it, we just get the bacterial reports back to work. But I know the lab have reports on it. I have begun to get some purple stalks again on Gg, not so much on Cheese yet. So I'm starting to think they eat up all nitro and leave some salts. Last week I had a little rise in pH in the res and this week it shows a down trend. Can't add more of Canna Terra then EC spikes. :hmmmm:
Crazy, do like the rest of us and take the water they keep at your job, no ro needed and it's free. They must think I'm very hydrated at work :rofl:.

At the water plant.

8,7 pH
Aluminum: ~ 0,03mg/m3
Alk: ~ 50 ms/m
Cl: ~ 0,4mg/m3

These are the values we have in check at work.

The values changes over the distribution in pipes and reservoirs. Here at home after god knows how many km of pipe and different ages materials in them I get 7,8 pH and 0,4 ms/cm.

So no Ca or Mg? And that Alk is really low!

We have high values for Ca and we don't need to keep check on them on a daily basis in my line of work. If you get high calcium values it's not the end of the world for a human to drink it. Mg is very static in our process so we just need know it's under the recommendation in the raw water. We always have had problem with low alk, surface water here in Sweden are notorious for low Alks. We pump in C02 along with sodium to artificially create alk in the water, just for the pipe works to not rust away to fast.

Well I'm destined to get that extended lab report on the composition of it and I will post it here. :)

It shouldn't be that hard using your tap water as long as one knows what it's made up of.

With nute lines made for hard water it's possible, but we get water from many souces so the pH can be 7 one day and 8,5 the next....

400 kr. (the true ones :D ) for a RO filter saved me a ton of work and got rid of a lot of issues.

Now I'm not much into the water mineral balance science thing, but I'm somewhat sure I read that a too high Ca level will lock out Mg, and higher Ca means you need more/heavier buffer/nutes to chelate it ???

Got a short lab test since 11 this month, this is done at consumer tap.

pH: 8,1
Color: 2mg Pt/L
Iron: 0,004 mg/L
Manganese: 0,009 mg/L
Alk: 66 mg HCO3/L
Aluminum: 0,053 mg/L
COD-Mn: 2,7 O2/L
Cl: 0,42mg/L

Tried to get hold of the lab today but they were out on testing, they have complete chem analysis.

Back
Top Bottom