Lost In The Fog

Ikaros is moving along, nailed the pieces together now and put some putty in some minor gapes. Will cut the acrylic sheeting in next step. Been working on how to fasten the lights inside but I think I will use steel brackets this will also give Ikaros some more sturdiness. Will also incorporate a temp probe for an Arduino fan controller I want to put together for this.

Have a great weekend folks, and keep medicating! :blunt:

Don't even know if I want to show this, but this is my +2 years filter and I might add it has to take all dust generated in my workshop. Have no more pre filtering than some pantyhose filters I made for the worst particles flying. Have been thinking of building a box to filter intake through and keep GretA reactor inside that box but that's in the future still. Now the filter is changed to a new one, though the seize was not the same. It fits like a glove in this 200mm duct I use as manifold for the scrubber. This is not optimal by any means but it will have to work until I can get a bigger pipe or build a box in mdf for it.

@stoneotter this is my solution for vents, another thing that I want to change is the manifold for the pressure side of the fan. Its not keeping down the sound the way I want it to so this will be modified real soon.

Hopefully the temp will come down some now with the new filter in place... time will tell. Soon time for day cycle....
That's a beautiful build CrAz! All in tin too. @Emilya here's another way to skin the cation.

Lol Thx everyone. I wish it worked as good as it seems to look to you. :D

Temp didn't budge from the filter change so my hopes lays in Ikaros getting this done for me will cut the acrylic today. I always get nerve wrecked by cutting acrylic it's even worse than glass. With glass I always know something easy can go sideways but acrylic is so many factors involved how a cut goes. Is the sheeting hot/cold, is it old and scratched... wish me luck.

wow... the creativity here makes me swoon!

Think its that dam new oil. :yummy:

This is how far the Ikaros project has come during this weekend. I'm ready I think to start putting in the lights today and test this contraption out to night. But there is some crucial things left to do, will have to fabricate a new sort of ventpipe. Want a 120mm wide pipe with a 100mm pipe inside the larger one. This seemed logic in my head at the time but I'm not sure how to make it yet but I will try. This would save me from making another hole in the tent and in a shelf in the grow room over the tent. But will see how it goes.​

I lined the inside of Ikaros with mylar, not for its light reflecting properties but to the heat isolation and heat reflective properties of mylar. This will help keeping the heat inside Ikaros and get vented outside instead of heating up the tent even furter, hope it will work like I think it will. The Acrylic sheeting is cut to seize as well, I haven't removed the protective film yet due to me still hazzeling with it so minimal scratches...

Cut these pipes for them to raise the lights from the bottom sheeting in Ikaros to let air in between the aluminum and the mdf.

Now I truly find myself lost in the fog... :blunt:

This is how far the Ikaros project has come during this weekend. I'm ready I think to start putting in the lights today and test this contraption out to night. But there is some crucial things left to do, will have to fabricate a new sort of ventpipe. Want a 120mm wide pipe with a 100mm pipe inside the larger one. This seemed logic in my head at the time but I'm not sure how to make it yet but I will try. This would save me from making another hole in the tent and in a shelf in the grow room over the tent. But will see how it goes.​

I lined the inside of Ikaros with mylar, not for its light reflecting properties but to the heat isolation and heat reflective properties of mylar. This will help keeping the heat inside Ikaros and get vented outside instead of heating up the tent even furter, hope it will work like I think it will. The Acrylic sheeting is cut to seize as well, I haven't removed the protective film yet due to me still hazzeling with it so minimal scratches...

Cut these pipes for them to raise the lights from the bottom sheeting in Ikaros to let air in between the aluminum and the mdf.

Now I truly find myself lost in the fog... :blunt:
Sweet build Crazy and great attention to detail. Stay medicated my friend.

Will try to explain this build with the best ability. I'm beginning to suspect I might me more deranged than I might think. :idea:

So I had the great (lets hope so...) idea of putting a 100mm (4") T-pipe inside a 120mm T-pipe to be able to separate hot exhaust from Ikaros and the venting from the grow to the scrubber. I don't know if this will be sufficient ventilation for the grow but Ikaros will most def get enough cooling. Much of the theories around this build is still unproven so it will be an exciting test run of it. I decided I will wait with installing Ikaros until Thursday or Friday. Will have to go away a few days when going to the painclinic so it might not be such a great idea to leave this unatended for more than a few hours before I can trust this system. I don't have any clue if the fan I will be using have a heatfuse so if that goes this will overheat very quickly. I might add that those heatfuses usually cut power to the motor when running air hotter than 40C, that's 104F. It happened to me once before and it was not a pretty mess with a 400W hps in an acrylic pipe. Wish I had pics of it. :blunt:

The air venting to the scrubber will be sucked in through the space round the 100mm pipe in the 120mm pipe.

I don't know it all this made any sense but we will find out if it works end of this week. Now I will try making some updates on the plants. Cheese and Sb are looking amazing! Pics coming....

Crazy out... :blunt:

Will try to explain this build with the best ability. I'm beginning to suspect I might me more deranged than I might think. :idea:

So I had the great (lets hope so...) idea of putting a 100mm (4") T-pipe inside a 120mm T-pipe to be able to separate hot exhaust from Ikaros and the venting from the grow to the scrubber. I don't know if this will be sufficient ventilation for the grow but Ikaros will most def get enough cooling. Much of the theories around this build is still unproven so it will be an exciting test run of it. I decided I will wait with installing Ikaros until Thursday or Friday. Will have to go away a few days when going to the painclinic so it might not be such a great idea to leave this unatended for more than a few hours before I can trust this system. I don't have any clue if the fan I will be using have a heatfuse so if that goes this will overheat very quickly. I might add that those heatfuses usually cut power to the motor when running air hotter than 40C, that's 104F. It happened to me once before and it was not a pretty mess with a 400W hps in an acrylic pipe. Wish I had pics of it. :blunt:

The air venting to the scrubber will be sucked in through the space round the 100mm pipe in the 120mm pipe.

I don't know it all this made any sense but we will find out if it works end of this week. Now I will try making some updates on the plants. Cheese and Sb are looking amazing! Pics coming....

Crazy out... :blunt:
I don't see the diagram working the way it is CrAz. It looks like it will suck air through the scrubber in the opposite direction of your arrows. No?

I don't see the diagram working the way it is CrAz. It looks like it will suck air through the scrubber in the opposite direction of your arrows. No?

No the Ikaros air is not in any way in contact with the "tent-air" I should have drawn out the 6" fan after the scrubber. There is a hose connecting Ikaros with the new insidepipe of the T piece I made today.

I may have built a very large whistle... :cheesygrinsmiley:
Having been a flutist in my youth, I even approve of that result :goof:

BTW, never doubt your own derangement - it's much more interesting that mere normalcy. I'm also feeling the grower's derangement lurking right now, although for other reasons... o_O

Update on whats its all about! Little Kali had a rough time settling in bloom, I'm having level trouble with one Autopot tray. I would like to have a deeper level of solution in the trays but still haven't made any attempt to solve this yet. Keep pouring in extra in this tray but sometimes it's hard keeping up with them drinking. I think these four plants in bloom drink 2-3L a day now.

Back
Top Bottom