Lost In The Fog

You'll be moving on to better things. With you activity level it's bound to happen!

Oh yeah, good to hear the new door is in place. Nothing like a little privacy tech.

"Knock, knock, testing..."
:dude-knocking:
"OK, grow proof!"

I'm sure I will when times feel right and stars are in alignment for it. The house I was keen on this summer is sold now but I felt it was wrong timing for it, need to get my energy channeled first with some proper meds I now know is available for my crazy condition so I really hope I get my evaluation and screening done soon so I wont need to get meds through black market, I'm used to supplying not needing in that department. :p

Yeah for growing stars are in alignment... any day now... LoL

Thought I share my printing endeavors with some pictures.

To the left is CraZy's madness in modification and right is more or less in original state.

@stoneotter here you can see how the DuPont BLTouch sensor look like, the other scifi looking stuff I mounted on the head is a direct drive I printed the parts for, it gives better control of the feeding of plastics and the pink looking fork is a fan shroud that blows air on the freshly printed plastics to cool it down to a solid state. Its all about controlling the flow and glass transition state as good as possible.

full
full

full
full

Maybe @Virgin Ground is interested in looking at this as well... :reading420magazine:

That is one delicate looking machine. I would blow it up by the 48 hour mark. :laughtwo:
All of the amazing things that you can do with that type of machine..
It would be very hard to keep oneself in check and to not go completely bonkers making anything and everything you desire to.
Bet you could make an amazing sign for your garden.
Very cool indeed!

Bet you could make an amazing sign for your garden.
Very cool indeed!

It's very easy to get caught up in this especially if one can 3d model as well, and I'm getting the hang of that too now.

That's right! I made some signs already with it but not for that garden, found a German Sheppard head profile I printed as large as the base would allow its 230x230 mm and hung it outside the gate at the summerhouse. :)

Been busy this week with a new project so 3d printing have been having a long overdue rest, I'm building a painting booth for my workshop to keep being able to painting during winter. Bought a cheap garage shelf in sheet metal that's designed to be both a bench and a storage shelf. Will be using an old 4" fan with a decommissioned carbon filter for scrubbing solvents from the exhaust air. This build is becoming so neat I'm thinking its too fine for spray painting though... :laughtwo:

full

Constructed an enclosed area from the top shelves over the bench with fold able doors and a hood over it as well. Ordered some super bright light strips to light it up with, think I will try them as growlights as well. Some new SMD chipp with 25 Lumens, one meter had 480 chips in double rows so one meter could theoreticly generate 12000 Lumens now I don't think they are set that high but will be fun experimenting with it.

Pics or it didn't happen!

HA! Found it! :)

full

Wish I painted it white though for better contrast, but I think I wanted that cast iron feel of it with the hanger.

Bought? You bought a cheap garage shelf? I find it hard to believe they aren't free in dumpsters far and wide! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well I could have built it from scratch but I didn't want to waste energy building a benchy shelfy thingie when I needed to think out so many other things on it. Like fold able doors, pre filter for the carbon filter..... the doors are a dumpster find though, its a discarded closet door from Ikea painted with polyurethane paint so very strong surface on it which is good for my activities.... LoL

Yeah stuff like that is pretty easy and fast to print, think it took 9h to print its 20-30mm thick and an infill of ~15%. I could probably half the time now with skills and tricks I learned about how to setup before printing. A print like this is not dependent on how detailed or thinn every layer is, the detail here is in the outline and that can be achieved with a larger faster nozzle.

Yeah stuff like that is pretty easy and fast to print, think it took 9h to print its 20-30mm thick and an infill of ~15%. I could probably half the time now with skills and tricks I learned about how to setup before printing. A print like this is not dependent on how detailed or thinn every layer is, the detail here is in the outline and that can be achieved with a larger faster nozzle.

Awesome journal crazy, I too love this stuff. Question, do 3D printers use G code? I work on CNC machines occasionally, I don’t operate them so I only need to know how to get them to manual. Clueless about 3-D, never had one apart, or seen one work for that matter...

Awesome journal crazy, I too love this stuff. Question, do 3D printers use G code? I work on CNC machines occasionally, I don’t operate them so I only need to know how to get them to manual. Clueless about 3-D, never had one apart, or seen one work for that matter...

Well its great to hear my journal rocks but its been dormant for too long now, can't get my tinker fingers out of my stuff to start a new grow... there are some reasons to it so eventually I will get up and running this journal again. :)

To the technical side with printers, they do print through G-code and I guess by your question also a CNC does? The G-code is generated through a slicer program that imports CAD/CAM files and many other 3d object file types.

Printers are mesmerizing when they do work, lots of settings to fiddle with and every print and material seems to have its own challenge in setting up the machine. Atm mine is idle due to some over tinkering with it, sure I will get it back working today but it easy eats up a few hours just setting up if its not working properly. :rolleyes:

Would really love to work with these things professionally... :p

Well its great to hear my journal rocks but its been dormant for too long now, can't get my tinker fingers out of my stuff to start a new grow... there are some reasons to it so eventually I will get up and running this journal again. :)

To the technical side with printers, they do print through G-code and I guess by your question also a CNC does? The G-code is generated through a slicer program that imports CAD/CAM files and many other 3d object file types.

Printers are mesmerizing when they do work, lots of settings to fiddle with and every print and material seems to have its own challenge in setting up the machine. Atm mine is idle due to some over tinkering with it, sure I will get it back working today but it easy eats up a few hours just setting up if its not working properly. :rolleyes:

Would really love to work with these things professionally... :p
Ah I see. We have a couple Bridgeport’s with CAD/CAM of sorts. They we’re talking awhile back about using it on the CNC’s to make it more user friendly. No idea if they ever did it, I don’t get over there much. They only call me when it’s not holding size for a ball screw or Something, or they crash it and it has to be blocked(set back up). I’ve cut simple parts on a 3 axis etc...but yeah would love to program professionally. If I won the lotto I’d have a 5 axis in the garage lol. And yes they’re G-code but have to be tediously programmed line by line...

Ah I see. We have a couple Bridgeport’s with CAD/CAM of sorts. They we’re talking awhile back about using it on the CNC’s to make it more user friendly. No idea if they ever did it, I don’t get over there much. They only call me when it’s not holding size for a ball screw or Something, or they crash it and it has to be blocked(set back up). I’ve cut simple parts on a 3 axis etc...but yeah would love to program professionally. If I won the lotto I’d have a 5 axis in the garage lol. And yes they’re G-code but have to be tediously programmed line by line...

Sounds like you are some sort of support technician in a machine shop? I have some simple programming in my background with pic and some plc, but I'm more of a hands on person and need to feel and touch the results so this new world of 3d printing is great for me and specially since my accident making things hard working in wood or metal like I used to.

I don't dare think about what would happen if I won the lotto... lol

Tech central here CraZ. In a life long ago I repaired GE Fanuc, cnc controlled machines for General Electric. They were phasing out the GE 1050 their first all transistor model. Those days we fed the data via a 8 hole tape. That was old school even then 35 years ago.

Sounds like a system invented by Blaise Pascal... then it is old. LoL :)

I once replaced the radiator in a '66 Mustang.

LoL

Well it's always something, though very far from cnc and printing. :)

Daughter printed anything useful?

Sounds like you are some sort of support technician in a machine shop? I have some simple programming in my background with pic and some plc, but I'm more of a hands on person and need to feel and touch the results so this new world of 3d printing is great for me and specially since my accident making things hard working in wood or metal like I used to.

I don't dare think about what would happen if I won the lotto... lol

Sounds like a system invented by Blaise Pascal... then it is old. LoL :)

LoL

Well it's always something, though very far from cnc and printing. :)

Daughter printed anything useful?
I’m a Machine Repairman by trade and work for a major auto company. I do everything from replacing/rethreading broken bolts to CNC. No real programming though, that’s a discipline all to itself. I just zero them after an operator crashes one etc... stuff like this.
D4EE4E9B-B760-4C12-9DFA-F1280562B4B7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom