Lost In The Fog

success-design-power-name.gif

CraZy is officially printing again! Got everything running now like its meant to run and on Friday the 13th of all days so guess this is my new lucky number. LoL

This conversion have been long and hard but with great sacrifices comes great success and I wont be wrong if I would say this project has taken almost two weeks to get up and running.

What's been bugging me for the last week was a simple comma sign "," this made me believe a value was set to a totally different value than it actually was declared as in the code.

full

AND again, pay attention...

full
full

Time for CraZy to start pumping out crazy ideas again...

full
Sweet!

Be glued to my screen with all the seed sales this weekend. Will comeback around and check out what mad experiments you been up to lately. Hope all is well with you and the Fam.

LoL I promised myself this year NOT to do any impulsive buys this Friday..... hmm that didn't go very well, 100$ later and I'm now waiting on a 7W CNC Laser.... Main purpose for it is to cut stencils and masking for my airbrushing, will update you all on this as soon as it arrives. :laughtwo:

Fam is ok, moms got another spot on her lung again but she's getting the same treatment as before later this winter so the doctor wasn't worried at all about it she said.

Biggest question now is how this pandemic is going to affect how we see each other this Xmas...

Keep you head high Kiss!

Oooh yeah... printing nonstop now again. The encasement is also done now but I still need to vent out the gases produced when printing, they give me allergies... not that severe but never now how allergies behave over time, seems like some filament brands/rolls are worse than others. Now I also need to encase this Laser cutter as well... LoL

What's up in Otter-ville?

success-design-power-name.gif

CraZy is officially printing again! Got everything running now like its meant to run and on Friday the 13th of all days so guess this is my new lucky number. LoL

This conversion have been long and hard but with great sacrifices comes great success and I wont be wrong if I would say this project has taken almost two weeks to get up and running.

What's been bugging me for the last week was a simple comma sign "," this made me believe a value was set to a totally different value than it actually was declared as in the code.

full

AND again, pay attention...

full
full

Time for CraZy to start pumping out crazy ideas again...

full
Long over due Drive-by...
Me, I can't program my damn TV....

Keepem Green

LoL I promised myself this year NOT to do any impulsive buys this Friday..... hmm that didn't go very well, 100$ later and I'm now waiting on a 7W CNC Laser.... Main purpose for it is to cut stencils and masking for my airbrushing, will update you all on this as soon as it arrives. :laughtwo:

Fam is ok, moms got another spot on her lung again but she's getting the same treatment as before later this winter so the doctor wasn't worried at all about it she said.

Biggest question now is how this pandemic is going to affect how we see each other this Xmas...

Keep you head high Kiss!

Oooh yeah... printing nonstop now again. The encasement is also done now but I still need to vent out the gases produced when printing, they give me allergies... not that severe but never now how allergies behave over time, seems like some filament brands/rolls are worse than others. Now I also need to encase this Laser cutter as well... LoL

What's up in Otter-ville?
I never thought of a laser function! That opens up lots of stuff, nice!
Not much different going on here CraZ. We're staying vigilant keeping safe from the virus and growing as much as I can. Just some gutter cleaning then ready for winter to set in. We're on schedule, I like that.
We won't keep regular Christmas traditions, though judging by the Thanksgiving travelers there will be plenty of folks who will. I don't get the logic especially with a vaccine coming very soon. I don't give up easily and I'd consider a Christmas gathering giving up. We're weeks away from a big change, I want to enjoy it as it unfolds! It's going to be glorious I think! Well it may take months or more, but it's coming.

I never thought of a laser function! That opens up lots of stuff, nice!
Congrats on the CNC laser Crazy! Seems like a reasonable amount for a black Friday purchase :).
Oh man! A hundred bucks!?!? That's an attachment to the 3D printer, I take it(?)

This will give you a better picture of this CNC, its a complete stand alone system.
Heacf514c1e894144ab4ed19e1f89526c4.jpg

Damn! You are more fired up than children on Christmasday morning! (Here we open presents after Donald Duck @3pm on Christmas eve... :)

I was thinking at first to get just a laser modulator for the printer but after investigating it more I decided this was probably going to be the best option. I don't want to mess with the printer more than needed now since I started to get so nice prints from it since the motherboard and firmware upgrade.

With this stand alone machine so I can now cut almost double the seize sheets 30x40cm apposed to the supported printer format 22x22cm base, and its very easy to add a Z-axis frame and motor to this new one IF I would like to upgrade the laser and start making 3d shapes with it.

They seem to be extremely powerful so I need to watch my eyes and fingers, watched a guy testing this out on the tube with devastating results. He burnt a hole in a center table leg beneath a thick glass top, glass is not "seen" by these lasers. :laughtwo:

Not much different going on here CraZ. We're staying vigilant keeping safe from the virus and growing as much as I can. Just some gutter cleaning then ready for winter to set in. We're on schedule, I like that.
We won't keep regular Christmas traditions, though judging by the Thanksgiving travelers there will be plenty of folks who will. I don't get the logic especially with a vaccine coming very soon. I don't give up easily and I'd consider a Christmas gathering giving up. We're weeks away from a big change, I want to enjoy it as it unfolds! It's going to be glorious I think! Well it may take months or more, but it's coming.

Great to hear Otter! How is C&C tasting? If it was legal here and I could smoke I would have loved a bud in da mail for Xmas but that's not possible... :(

There has been some investigations here surrounding our department handling the strategies surrounding the pandemic, you maybe heard our strategy have been the opposite to rest of the worlds against pandemic. They have received a lot of criticism now. 1st problem with this department is they have no own legal power to act, like shutting down anything or keeping lock downs, 2nd our Government have been listening too much on them and their experimental ways of dealing with this to get herd immunity against this thing.

3rd not even our own Government have legal right to shut down anything or giving curfew without Sweden being in a state of war with some other country... its very complicated but thats the reasons to our high death toll.

Hope your mom is okay, send your folks my love, and don't take chances with anyone's health for the sake of a holiday gathering!

Visited them yesterday, needed change to winter tires on my car, and they are doing fine. Moms have started the Christmas decorations of the house and she was baking bread when I arrived. They needed an update on me and my situation and me on their so it was a nice time. She couldn't keep her arms away from me, so after being unsure for a while she couldn't keep away and hugged me... guess she lived through a lot lately and was willing to take a chance.

This is really a big problem for me living on my own and when I do see my friends not being able to hug each other anymore, miss it a lot. I can still hug Ginza I guess... :laughtwo:

How is everything in your end of the world Shed?

They seem to be extremely powerful so I need to watch my eyes and fingers, watched a guy testing this out on the tube with devastating results. He burnt a hole in a center table leg beneath a thick glass top, glass is not "seen" by these lasers.
I (and I bet the other here too) want to see some laser action now! What can it burn through, and how fast :p

A complete 2D CNC laser engraver for $100 is wild! Is that complete, as in plug-and-go? Something that can cut aluminium sheet would be pretty cool - perhaps more power is needed for that? Gotta research this!

Did you finally get full custody of Ginza?

No, I get to have her every 14 days. She is more attached to my X than me so after those 14 days she really misses her moms and this works fine for both X and me so its a win-win. Guess Ginza gets best of both worlds as well with lots of spoils from both sides. :laughtwo:

I (and I bet the other here too) want to see some laser action now! What can it burn through, and how fast :p

A complete 2D CNC laser engraver for $100 is wild! Is that complete, as in plug-and-go? Something that can cut aluminium sheet would be pretty cool - perhaps more power is needed for that? Gotta research this!

You will def get to see some laser action, hopefully in a few days. I got the shipping confirmation from Czech Republic today so it may get here this week, shipping is done with DHL so it shouldn't bee bothered by PostNords casual package throwing system ... Here is some data on the laser, I ordered the 2,5W and this is 7W power in to the module.
H85e244c31aa64b5eaf8e4852157e1926W.jpg

From the research I made before ordering it was that when the power of the laser goes above 2,5W the beam is no longer circular it gets elliptic and makes more sense doing heavy cutting through thicker material. The weight of the module is also much greater which demands a very stable frame with stronger stepper motors a must to keep up the precision. When I get the feel of this I probably will make upgrades to it they sell laser modules up to 3,5KW but those beams must be fed with Co2 and compressed air to work, they are very cool with mirrored beam to the head... :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm hearing the herd immunity will come on strong but it needs a vaccine going at the same time. Let's hope it's weeks away.

Its a fact it works, this is how we beat many other not so lethal viruses like TBC for example but its getting stronger again with local outbursts so we may need to start massive vaccine programs again for that too.

All we can do is hope for the best and stay careful... and smoke weed, those of us who actually can... :blunt:

My wife just spoke to her brother in England and he already know when he is getting his shot based on his age and health status (he's in Group 8). Nice to live in a country with a plan!

That CNC sounds CraZy powerful so do be careful, but do show us pics of all your experiments and projects. We need more pics of something in this thread. :)

That's incredible...! Only problem with GB is that its always grey weather and they chopped down all their trees and burnt them.... a long time ago. LoL

Promise I will be careful with this laser sword :goodluck:. A friend told me its like a never ending knife, the power of them makes them effective for 1000s of meters... if the world was flat I could fire up your sons joint from here.

:smokin:

Now I know where to get my engraving done.. These units work on things like silver and gold? I haven't followed much here.. You get into more teck shit than I can understand... so I'm just jumping out there.. But I use to make jewelry and except the stamp I use to have to send out for engraving. People were making good bank with it. I'm pretty sure that isn't the type of engraving ya'll talking about.. But I always wanted to incorporate that in with the manufacture of the jewelry. Cigarettes' lighters, pocket knife shit like that....

I don't have alot of greenery here either.... Did start some shrooms??????

Hope you had a good holiday.

Now I know where to get my engraving done.. These units work on things like silver and gold? I haven't followed much here.. You get into more teck shit than I can understand...

You are welcome to ship your gold and silver to me for engraving, but I do think there are people more close in Cali to do this for you. :laughtwo: But yes is scratches gold and silver as much its visible to the eye.

Brain is going full tilt 25!/7 on me so this is the next step for me to evolve my ideas another step.

But I always wanted to incorporate that in with the manufacture of the jewelry. Cigarettes' lighters, pocket knife shit like that....

Ofc that's nice and its always welcome to costumers to be able to have that service. Maybe you should get one of your own, they sell drum rollers to engrave things that are round as well.

I don't have alot of greenery here either.... Did start some shrooms??????

Hope you had a good holiday.

What shrooms is it then? :laughtwo:

:hippy:

It's been an alright weekend here and hope you had a good one too Cali. :)

Back
Top Bottom