Lost In The Fog

We’ve got Europe and North America covered, we need to recruit some Aussies and we’ll have round-the-clock coverage. :)
If AB hasn't taken care of your credit card by then I'm guessing we can get to your ex to handle it...

No worries guys! I got enough to tinker with as it is. But my head likes to spin new ideas constantly. I hope the new lights arrive on schedule. Haven't had any updates from DHL since they picked up the pack in RENO. But I guess it should be in the EU in any case by now. The thing I'm worried about is how DHL handle the customs and tax issue. UPS text me to either deposit in their bank or to use Swish. Do you guys got the Swish app in your phones?

Sounds risky to me!

Yeah, but this is like an infestation here right now. They are some shops here now that doesn't even take cash anymore. Hardly any people here have cash in their wallets anymore. The most scary pay technology right now is the blipp. You just swipe your phone or card against the terminal and don't even need to enter a code or show them id. Don't know whats the limit per swipe but think it's a limit to like a few hundreds of dollar maybe. Swish has no limit. One of my coworkers swished like 2000$ for a car that wasn't even the sellers. He hasn't seen his money yet. I guess he can only blame himself, he was probably a little drunk when doing this but it's real easy to get carried away by these "smart" apps....

They have similar apps here the younger crowd uses them. I'm leery of any app linked directly to my bank account and wouldn't even consider using one. Cash or debit is good enough for me.

Over here it's like a disease. Swish is everywhere not just the younger generations. They are talking about Sweden being the first cash free country in the world. I hate it, I don't want it like that. I love cash, feel it and smell it.

They usually send a text with a payment link, or you can pay with cash/credit card on delivery.

Great, like UPS then. But UPS often text you before it arrives to customs. Today I got notification that the pack is already in Gothemburg, Sweden.

Don't give him any ideas!!!!!
:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes::oops::eek:

I have an idea already. :) :thumb:

We use a transfer app pretty regularly to send money within the family. Ours is not swish but similar, it's part of PayPal so just as secure as any other digital merchant here. I've used it to accept payment for a couple of repairs and some other work that I've done, it's handy. You guys are rapidly approaching cashless over there which as you mentioned is just crazy. ;)

You guys are rapidly approaching cashless over there which as you mentioned is just crazy. ;)
Considering that the value of money is a convienent social construct that is today mostly based on other imaginary concepts, cashless isn’t really that weird. The value of paper money changes all the time, and we just accept that.

Money has always been an imaginary and variable thing based on how much someone else values it. Gold is valuable because it’s pretty, and because it’s so soft you can make things out of it easily. Land is valuable because of what could potentially be built there. Diamonds are valuable because they are pretty.

Back
Top Bottom