Lost In The Fog

Off topic, but have you tried these skorpor from Ikea?
19B6B991-4316-442D-8E67-8F1FC56ED50D.png
I’m trying to recreate a friends family recipe for cardamom skorpor, but keep failing. The problem is that a lot of American family recipes have changed over time and aren’t really the same thing that one’s ancestors ate back in Europe.

In this case I think the recipe has changed to be much sweeter. The recipe calls for sweetened condensed milk, instead of sugar. The addition of so much sugar and butter means that the dough doesn’t rise as well, making a very dense loaf of bread, and then when dried, it’s not crisp and crumbly, but rather hard as a rock.

Anyway, the reason I’m asking about if you’ve tried these from Ikea is because I’m trying to make something I’ve never tasted. I thought about trying to grab some to try, and then keep making adjustments to the family recipe to try to make it more like actual Swedish skorpor. But if they are crap, I’m not going to bother to make the trip (it’s about 30 miles away).

Sorry to hijack.
Let me tell you, those are yum yum.. If you like cardamon.
Being a Swedish person living abroad, you grab what you can, from the one IKEA you find.. They are good.

Took some pictures of them tonight. I'm very happy I choose a coolant mixture of just water and nontoxic chem. There has been some spraying in here... o_O

Found this old picture, we were talking about drivers and electrics. This picture helped me a lot the first year in electrics to understanding the impact on each other they have.

Let me tell you, those are yum yum.. If you like cardamon.
Being a Swedish person living abroad, you grab what you can, from the one IKEA you find.. They are good.

Ikea rules. If they would be on the stock market I would bet my money there right now. They are going BIG on Internet sales. They gave 700 the sack and are hiring 1100 persons for this job. Think they getting scared of Amazon and others right now.

I did apply for a job on IKEA in Athens, they told me that my score on the test they make you take, was extremely high, for someone that isn't a native Greek speaker....?!?
I don't know how to read into that... Test was easy.. So either applicants are not of age as of learned how to read, or the company lies, just to hire you?!

Open the window, Sweden in December, SOLVED!

Global warming, ever heard of that Shed, hello!? ;)

I don't want to freeze my neck of... I can't stand drafts.

Glad it helped you! :hmmmm:

Well, that's the problem with electricity. You can't see it. In a running creek you can always make an assessment of how much water it runs in it.

I did apply for a job on IKEA in Athens, they told me that my score on the test they make you take, was extremely high, for someone that isn't a native Greek speaker....?!?
I don't know how to read into that... Test was easy.. So either applicants are not of age as of learned how to read, or the company lies, just to hire you?!

Haha, you never know. :)

Also, you should raise your Spliff Berry up on a stand to level it with the WW!

That's impossible to do with my Autopots. Otherwise it would already have been there. :)

Lowered the amps on the driver for the Logics today to 3A. I want to see how much it does on the temp. Feels like 29C is a bit warm. Also filled the rez today with water and some nutes landed the pH at 6.5. Perfect, keeping the airstone off stabilizes the pH. The inFlux strips have leaved the states, be here on Monday! Tomorrow I will fetch my custom bent heat sinks.

Keep it green!
:passitleft:

Are you reconstructing the piseidpn totally?
Custom bent heatsink...
What was wrong with the old one?

I haven't actually even touched Poseidon yet. He is shamefully resting... To be honest I'm a little scared turning the pump around. When I had such luck with the lights surviving the heat, I doubt that expensive little pump survived running dry... but I'll get there....

The heat sink is for the newly ordered inFlux strips that arrive on Monday. I don't have any more aluminum for another build in my scrapheap. The "old" ones are in use with the other "old" inFlux strips.

Please, IF I do start to talk about more lights this side of the new year PLEASE stop me. My economy can't handle more over seas orders now for a while. :)

Proving what I read I guess. Interesting...

Yeah, we talked about it at work today and apparently some home appliance water purification uses this method of raising the pH. The affect isn't long lasting, the access o2 vaporizes over short time and the pH is back to its originate state in a mater of minutes. But still av very interesting affect.

Will do! Along with preventing patricide and matricide...
:thumb:
Shed and I will patrol the area... (read journal).
No more lights....... Check
Confiscate creditcard(s)...... Check
SWeeD, don't hide a card in the fridge or any where else.. We will find it.....

Back
Top Bottom