Lost In The Fog

You are so right Shed. I think it's most from a heat stroke from the lights being to close. They are maxed in height now another thing is the feeding. I'm not sure she likes the feeding as much as the others seem to do. This is another thing to think about when investing in a system like the autopots or any other res system I guess. You can just have one feeding schedule.... Don't think this is optimal for perpetual grows. I think I will just keep it for the future moms and run the sog plants like regular.

So today I got in to the Read Thread @ :rollit:. Hard to get the read thread out of that thread. ;)

When I grew under my 6040 cobs I noticed that the buds was very compact and firm. There is something in to this deep red, I will try to implement a few of these lights in my next grow just to see if there is a difference.

This is a Cheese plant I grew under the blurpy cobs and any one can see that the buds she got are quite dense. They are even more dense than the buds on my Spliff Berry now, and in my mind it would be the opposite with the Samsung diodes. But I may be crazy as usual. :rolleyes:

full

For a cheap "add" they are surely okay, also because u have laying them around - so go for it! :) But I only would add max. 2 of them.

I read a bit more about those far reds - and I will build a little stripe with 6 of them in row - so I can use a standard 12V / 1A power supply which I have a lot of... so it would cost around 18€ with thermalpads.

The UV-A LED's are very expensive, one LED (~2,5W) mounted on a star PCB would cost ~17€. Also a bit scary to handel with UV light...it's more dangerous than many think.

For a cheap "add" they are surely okay, also because u have laying them around - so go for it! :) But I only would add max. 2 of them.

I read a bit more about those far reds - and I will build a little stripe with 6 of them in row - so I can use a standard 12V / 1A power supply which I have a lot of... so it would cost around 18€ with thermalpads.

The UV-A LED's are very expensive, one LED (~2,5W] mounted on a star PCB would cost ~17€. Also a bit scary to handel with UV light...it's more dangerous than many think.
Hey Crazy just catching up here. Well said@Teleon I did some reading some time ago and the papers I was reading were very concerned about this light Spectrum and the human eyes. It was all just bla bla bla to me but it turned me off. Long and shot I guess cover up and wear glasses if using them lol b safe everyone

That was one thing I found, think very good explained.

Far-Red Light and Flowering

By this point, you might be starting to notice a trend: plants associate far-red light with shade. Thus, if you give a plant too much far-red light, they will think they are in a shady environment. Too much shade can be stressful to a plant, so it takes precautionary measures to avoid these conditions. Seeds will avoid germinating and stems will stretch out to reach more light. In response to too much shade, a plant will often start flowering. Flowers are the reproductive tissues of a plant and if a plant thinks there is a risk of death (from too much shade), it begins reproducing ASAP so that it may pass its genetics to the offspring. High amounts of far-red light accelerate flowering in many species – tomato, potato, cucumber, beans, wheat, mustard, and many ornamental flowers. In some species, far-red light also increases the number of flowers produced.

As growers, we can use this knowledge to our advantage. If we wish a plant to begin flowering (such as a stubborn cannabis plant that refuses to bud out), we can give it high amounts of far-red light. Far-red light should be applied for a short period to induce flowering, and stopped once buds begin to appear. Small amounts of far-red light applied at nighttime (~2 μmol s-1 m-2) is also effective at accelerating flowering and increasing flower number.

For most stages of plant growth, a grower should maintain a high R:FR ratio. In other words, plants should be provided with high amounts of red light (and other colors of light, like blue and green light) and low amounts of far-red light. If a grower wishes to induce flowering, they can provide a plant with high amounts of far-red light (either during the day or night) for a short period. Once flowering starts, the plants should be returned to their regular lighting conditions. When choosing a light for growing cannabis, look for a horticultural light that has high amounts of red and blue light, moderate amounts of other colors (green, yellow, and orange), and low amounts of far-red and UV light. When used for an extended period, far-red light can be detrimental to plant growth, so it should be avoided when purchasing a grow light. Far-red light causes plants to stretch out and reduces the amount of chlorophyll (which is essential for plant growth) in leaves. When used for a short period, far-red light can stimulate flowering, which can be advantageous if you have a stubborn plant that refuses to flower.

Found here!

Have to do a bit math - to have not too much of them, because than the plant's grow bigger... think that's comprehensible...And that's not what we want - we want bigger buds! :D

The red thread also took up a phenomenon about the red, if there was another specific wavelength present the Emerson effect was canceled.

My try with these 6040 cobs is based on my own observations when growing and not any scientific base at all... I am NOT trying a go at the Emerson effect.

The red thread also took up a phenomenon about the red, if there was another specific wavelength present the Emerson effect was canceled.

My try with these 6040 cobs is based on my own observations when growing and not any scientific base at all... I am NOT trying a go at the Emerson effect.

Good luck with the next crazy project :)

Emerson effect is just a very old and very narrow study that has been blown way out of proportions by LED companies, truth is nobody knows how (much) it affects the plants to add FR if we're already pounding them with 1000 micromoles.

The FR one hour before lights out to 15 minutes after lights out makes a visible difference at night, and it makes the plants think the night is longer and thus speed up reproductive cycle.
If strips with FR diodes only were available for human money, it would be my next project (I really hate mono diodes :) )

If strips with FR diodes only were available for human money, it would be my next project (I really hate mono diodes :) )

Yeah, there is only a PCB with 7x of them - but not as a stripe, as a round PCB.

blubber.jpg

But I will call my LED dealer tomorrow, maybe they will make a stripe with 10 far red. (same as my stripe with the deep red)
They manufacture by there own, also my 3000K Samsung stripes are made for me - on the website u dont get those stripes with 3000K, only with 3500K and 6500K.

Back
Top Bottom