Lost In The Fog

This is whats in bloom at the moment. As I said before they suffered from heat a few nights but this week is more like normal Swedish classic summer, sunny moments combined with unpredictable rain.

Pruned the worst of burnt leafs from Holy Punch, before this she was smelling incredibly sweet fresh citrus but in a more soft way than I ever smelled before. Now the tent smells like burnt hay... but I hope they can re cope from this.

heat can be a bitch............. bout the biggest problem in growing... everything adds heat dehumidifiers, lamps, all generate heat... sure makes it hard when a temp spike happens......... especially in a tent... Alittle B-1 tonic help with heat stress... shit like super thrive. Shit is a great tonic....... They should be fine,,, but watch closely for a hermie....... Stresses have a habit of doing that......... maybe even throw some silica in to help in the future?????? But B-1 products help with stressed plants...

I know I just forgot to water mine abit and wilted,,, and lost 50% of my sun leaf... So this crop 'won't be all she can be''.. but I'm hoping for a crop still..... temps here just spiked abit and I had to drop my 1500 wat hids down to 1000's till fall time.

GL they will be fine............ Keepem Green

I think I may be pushing the limit towards whats possible in stealth and power. I'm close to 500W of led light in there now and these are the temps I had with my 400w hps light.

Installed a small 4" duct fan today which blows 190m3/h with "cold" 22C air inside the tent but I still have the same 29C at canopy. I'm thinking of turning one of the Chilleds off to hopefully get some lower temps.

Still battling high temps. Cut off one Chilled the other day and lowered amps for the two remaining so they run 2*(42V @ 1,5A) and inFlux strips 4* (42V @ 4A). But its still nudging 29C the intake temp is 27C so a raise with just 2C is not that bad for almost 300W of lights. But if it gets hotter I might need to bring in the AC. But we will see.

Tested out Holy Punch this weekend. OMG what a pleasant smoke. Way more powerful than I imagined it being. Cheese is supposed to have ~17% Thc and HP ~20%. But I would say HP is double Cheese in strength but I have smoked Cheese now for some time so I guess I built up a powerful resistance to it.

Anyway plants not looking worse not much happening, Kush and Widow clones have swelled pretty god by now and getting ready for chopping. I got lots of clones wanting to get in the bloom tent.

27-29 is pretty high, but I think the key isn’t really temperature, it’s temperature extremes and managing perspiration. Plants that are used to high heat do just fine, for the most part, it’s the extreme switching from cool to hot that causes more stress. And if the roots stay cool, and they have enough to drink to replace what they perspire, I think they will be just fine.

27-29 is pretty high, but I think the key isn’t really temperature, it’s temperature extremes and managing perspiration. Plants that are used to high heat do just fine, for the most part, it’s the extreme switching from cool to hot that causes more stress. And if the roots stay cool, and they have enough to drink to replace what they perspire, I think they will be just fine.

Half of the plants sit in hydro trays so they got as much fluids as they want to suck up. These are the ones that manage the heat better and the soil plants are the ones that dry up. I run daylight cycle at night time to keep the temps as low as possible. Today daytime (night cycle) they got 27C so there is not much difference between day/night for them.

And the VPD

Now what's a VPD?

Will take some pics and upload soon.

Vapor Pressure Deficit. To every temperature, there is an RH:

Vapor Pressure Deficit. To every temperature, there is an RH:

Ok seems logic enough but what I'm battling now in my tent seems more and more like an impossibility to grow in this apartment during summer time. Sure I can invest in more power for an AC but I'm thinking it might not be worth it to throw another 1500W at it. I'm actually thinking of powering down the chilleds completely and just run the L09 inFlux strips they should give out in the neighborhood of 160W and maybe get a more descent temp this is just ruining crops for me.

Took down Hp and Sb tonight think Hp might give 50g dry and Sb 10-20g.

This how flowering and veg looks like.

If you have enough in jars to last a while you could just grow the spliff berry for your neck over the summer and scale the lights back.

Yeah I can probably manage a while with meds I have and keep the spliff coming anyway with more modest lighting for them. If I'm going to move I have to start scaling down some day soon anyway, lots of vent holes to be plastered in this apartment :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom