Lots of problems just cropped up

RocketRobsky

420 Member
starting to get serious issues with my crop and was hoping some of you sharp cats, might help with any suggestions as to my maladies and how I can treat them. The varieties of the 3 pics are 1. Animal mints, 2. wedding cake, 3. Gelato. I am balcony growing near the beach . temp is pretty steady at about 67 to 72f. we get a lot of coastal fog, but normally burns off by 12pm. Growing all of 6 in 25 gallon bags except for Animal mints, in 30 gallon brown tub with drainage at bottom. south facing so lots of light. We have about 70% relative humidity. I have not used nutrients and water only when the 1st inch of soil is crumbly and dry, every 3 or 4 days. I am using fox farm Ocean forest and happy frog, all is cut with about 20% perlite.

Attachments

• 20190812_123153.jpg
    20190812_123153.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 20190812_123230.jpg
    20190812_123230.jpg
    669.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 20190812_123324.jpg
    20190812_123324.jpg
    671.5 KB · Views: 70
You've used all the nutes in your soil and you need to add nutrients to your water asap. You should do so at the appropriate ratios for your week of growth. Idk what nute brand you're going with but an obvious example is you need more phosphorous and potash than nitrogen. But at this point you need everything.

You've used all the nutes in your soil and you need to add nutrients to your water asap. You should do so at the appropriate ratios for your week of growth. Idk what nute brand you're going with but an obvious example is you need more phosphorous and potash than nitrogen. But at this point you need everything.
I have only grown outdoors before and the soil was very forgiving. Didnt realize feeding was so important. I had some GH Biothrive available, so i used that to start. I dont imagine the yellow leaves turn green, only hope new growth is healthier. Will get some more specific nutes and see if they brighten up. Thanks.

Fox farms OF soil alone won't last an entire grow before it needs additional nutrients. Happy frog is designed with minimal nutes in it for seedlings and such. Because you mixed them, your mixture has less nutes than pure ocean forest so you would have needed to add nutes even sooner than normal. Start reading up on feeding regimens because you're mixture is depleted and you're going to need added nutes the rest of the way. Much love and good luck!

When the entire plant has an overall yellow look that's nitrogen lacking, when the leaves start to burn at the tips and burn further in that's potassium lacking, especially when the plant is showing its trying to flower. When the buds start rotting its calcium lacking, And when you see the red/purple blotches that's phosphorous lacking. Other nutrients are likely unbalanced as well. A 5-12-25 at about 1 teaspoon per gallon with a 15.5-0-0 calcium nitrate at about half a teaspoon per gallon and 1/4 teaspoon of Epsom is an easy way to go for good results. But you wont turn this around its way too late in the game and the plants are stressed and the yield will be affected. Every grower has up and downs because we like to try new things. Some work and some do the opposite. Einstein said if we knew what we were doing it wouldn't be called research.

Thanks for sharing these Fantastic tips and knowledge. Ya, I can imagine that once a plant starts to suffer that much, it will affect its flower production. Live and learn...I always laugh at a Button I got once, " experience is what you get, when you dont get what you want". Kickin my own Butt rt now....but the good news is, I will be smarter next season.

Back
Top Bottom