Lots of symptoms 1 week after flushing - Please help save these plants!

28 Grams

My plants had claw-like leaves which is a sign of excess nitrate so I decided to flush my plants. They are in week 6 of flowering, and in 1 gallon pots of soil.

I flushed on Monday/Tuesday and it just slipped my mind and I forgot to water until Sunday night. Sunday night they looked really bad but by the morning they recovered-somewhat thanks to the water and fresh nutes.

They now have an array of symptoms... discolored leaves and at least one of my plants have parts of their branches a dark color...

What should I do? Are all these symptoms because they hey had no water for 6 days after a flush? I just plan on keep doing what I'm doing and go back to my regular water every 3 days schedule which gave me no problems.

20170814_161053.jpg

20170814_161049.jpg

20170814_161035.jpg

20170814_161039.jpg

20170814_161056.jpg

20170814_161107.jpg

20170814_161122.jpg

I don't see any hermie, looks like a calyx with a pistil to me. The purple petoiles are saying they need some P or some Mg. Do you use calmag through the flower stretch? If not I would say they are showing both Ca and Mg deficiencies. If you do use calmag a few weeks into flower I would say it's more likely P deficiency. Whenever I get purple streaks or stems I like to sprinkle a few tablespoons of Epsom salts and a few handfuls of garden gypsum on top of my media. The salt adds magnesium and the gypsum adds calcium and sulphur without affecting pH.

I don't see any hermie, looks like a calyx with a pistil to me. The purple petoiles are saying they need some P or some Mg. Do you use calmag through the flower stretch? If not I would say they are showing both Ca and Mg deficiencies. If you do use calmag a few weeks into flower I would say it's more likely P deficiency. Whenever I get purple streaks or stems I like to sprinkle a few tablespoons of Epsom salts and a few handfuls of garden gypsum on top of my media. The salt adds magnesium and the gypsum adds calcium and sulphur without affecting pH.
My bad, I thought those might be balls

I flushed on Monday/Tuesday and it just slipped my mind and I forgot to water until Sunday night.

There's an old comedy routine:
"Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
"Then don't do that!"​

Remember that a flush is not a healthful bath for your plant's roots, it's a stressful emergency treatment that you do when you f**k up. It strips away nutrients and radically changes the pH and the osmotic pressure. It probably does other bad stuff as well, like messing with the beneficial bacteria and fungi growth around the roots.

Maybe the best advice here is to really start paying attention to and babying your plant. Give it regular but moderate to light fertilization in the correct proportions for its time of life. "Fertilize weakly weekly" as the orchid growers say. Don't flush or soak the soil but don't let it dry out more than knuckle deep. Read everything you can find. Watch videos. Be moderate in everything.

One of the lists that I read once for what cannabis needs is air, light, water, nutrients, and peace.

Just my .02. Good luck with your grow.

Thank you for your replies yall.
I am using the FoxFarm Trio, I was using Bud Candy but I'm going to be switching to Hawaiian Bloom soon. They were looking quite healthy aside from the claw-like leafs before my flush and forgetting to water for 6 days... I think they should be good with my original nute schedule but with less strength. I will try that and see how it goes.

I didn't know flushing was so stressful, I thought it was a healthful cleansing procedure. It is my first grow though so I'm glad I'm learning!

I just hate seeing all these problems with the plants, hurts to see. I just want to tear off the leaves that are really bad...I think I just might slowly.

Back
Top Bottom