Lotus cfl grow bulbs vs standard cfl grow bulbs and T5

kushmasta

I have decided to use CFLs for my first grow I came across the lotus grow bulbs online and Ive been wondering if they are better watt for watt to competitors CFLs. Or would I be better going with a company such as hydro farm CFLs?

In a direct comparison between the HydroFarm 125 CFL and the Lotus 125 CFL the Lotus is more expensive, by about $10-$15, and has a shorter anticipated life span (8,000 as compared to 10,000 for HydroFarm) but puts out more lumens (9,500 as compared to 7,000 for HydroFarm) and fits a standard base whereas the HyrdroFarm uses a Mogul base. I use the HyrdroFarm CFL System and I am quite content with the results, cost, performance, etc. I have never used the Lotus CFL bulbs and thought that the odd shape could/would make it a little more difficult to fit into a fixture properly since I use the large CFL bulbs for canopy lighting and the smaller CFL bulbs for sidelighting.

Thanks man I'm just going to be growing 1 or 2 plants from some special bag seed how many watts do I need to run on my canopy and what size CFLs do I need for side lighting?

Typically the recommended minimum amount of wattage per square foot is 50, how you spread that around is up to you. Currently I have ~40% of my total watts/lumens in my canopy lighting and ~15% of my total watts/lumens in each corner of my grow box, for a total of ~60%, as sidelighting. The limiting factors are energy costs and temperature/humidity control.

thanks alot bro I looked at your grow I like the way you have it set up its very similar to what I had in mind lol best of luck and I'll keep up with it :)

I am planning on making one I just have to wait for all of my supplies to arrive I have it all ordered only thing I having ordered is my grow box and my containers I made them myself. I decided to do a soil container out of a 3 gallon bucket (eco bucket) the plant waters its self I just have to keep the resivour full and I made a 3 gallon dwc bucket. I am trying both to see which I prefer for the long run. I know your supposed to use 5's but my box is only 4.5 ft tall and the strain I am growing is a mostly sativa strain called Holland its from the mountains of North Georgia and it likes to stretch. Willie Nelson use to refer to Holland at concerts and in one of his songs. This stain is a dying breed BC local law enforcement t and there choppers has almost brought it to extinction. I've seen this plant reach 14 feet tall outdoors. Yield somewhere between 3-4 pounds. I'm hoping I get 2 females out of my 5 seeds I plan on feminizing one and hopefully share the seeds so the strain doesn't die out.

Does anyone know what base the light fixture the Flourex 100w bulbs fit into. I found more at fleamarket again the guy is charging me5 bucks a bulb. but I don't know what I need to build fixture
no way in hell am I walking into HD to try to find it and I cant find my dressmaker tape to measure the circumference of the screw in part
***been reading for 6+hrs trying figure this out. I'm not frustrated but its wearing me out***
all suggestions appreciated

Back
Top Bottom