oct 15
Seed poped up to a mini seedling
[Was giving 24 hours of light but now switched to 18/6] on
Oct 16
image14949.jpg

Day 3 since planting and the seedling is looking healthy

image14959.jpg

image14976.jpg

The seedling started to grow sideways so I turned the pot around so it can try and stand up straight. I have the light to the side atm but imma fix that later on tomorrow, is this the right move?
Day 4 oct 18

image15262.jpg
10.28.14 little yellowing spots due to my stupidity of spraying her before lights on in 30 minutes

image15263.jpg
At least 2 1/2 inches in height.
She's now at day 14!!!
How's she doing his in your opinion? No nutes yet

:welcome:
Normally topping doesn't take place until you've got 3-5 nodes growing strong. Got to be patient when gardening or you may shock your plant causing it to herm or some shit. You haven't been using nutes have you? That could be a cause of the yellowing. I have a good link about how to use nutrients in my signature you could definitely correct any thing you may be doing wrong.
Good Luck Mane
:thanks:

:welcome:
Normally topping doesn't take place until you've got 3-5 nodes growing strong. Got to be patient when gardening or you may shock your plant causing it to herm or some shit. You haven't been using nutes have you? That could be a cause of the yellowing. I have a good link about how to use nutrients in my signature you could definitely correct any thing you may be doing wrong.
Good Luck Mane
:thanks:

Yeah I undertand but I just said fuck it, and yeah I didn't use nutes yet I'm using ffof so it should be good for a couple weeks right? She's 2 weeks and 3 days old and here's a pic of her growing back. And thanks a lot man stay tuned
image15360.jpg

Checked et last night and she was fine but then came home to her leaf turning brown but now it's Day 18 for her and just been watered. I tried to fix the sideways pic but nothing..

image15374.jpg

You can see the burn too idk what it is I think it's the soil being to much for it cause it's ffof. Also the toping is growing since 3 days from topping.

image15375.jpg

FFOF seems to be sort of hit or miss... yes, it's FF's "hottest" soil mix, and some people have experienced that it's a bit too much for seedlings and early veg. I didn't have any problems with it with my NL, but maybe I just got lucky? dunno... In case you're not yet, what I might recommend is when you water it with plain water (PH adjusted), water A LOT, so you get at least 25% runoff out the drain holes in the pot. This is not to be confused with "overwatering". you wait til the top 2-3" of soil is completely dry... then saturate the hell out of it to get runoff, then let it go completely dry. For most people, this will mean watering every 3-4 days (maybe even 5 depending on your specific soil & room conditions)

I might be talking out my ass, but it seems to me doing this helps flush excess crap out of the soil and ensures that when you water, you're not just dissolving crystallized minerals & nutrients that were leached from the soil on the last watering. Sort of giving a min-flush each time you water - at least until it's big and strong enough to hold its own in the soil, and the soil starts getting broken down to where you're adding your own nutes.

I'm just curious - Whose Northern Lights is it? I'm growing NL from Nirvana - also in FFOF under CFLs. I'm a few weeks ahead of you - I just flipped to 12/12 today. It's also my first grow, but so far it's been a great plant to learn and experiment with. I already feel comfortable topping, FIMming and I used extensive amount of LST to accommodate my relatively short cabinet.

Definitely stick around here at 420. great folks and TONS of combined knowledge to soak up.

Good luck, and since I missed you at the first post, :welcome: to :420:

FFOF seems to be sort of hit or miss... yes, it's FF's "hottest" soil mix, and some people have experienced that it's a bit too much for seedlings and early veg. I didn't have any problems with it with my NL, but maybe I just got lucky? dunno... In case you're not yet, what I might recommend is when you water it with plain water (PH adjusted), water A LOT, so you get at least 25% runoff out the drain holes in the pot. This is not to be confused with "overwatering". you wait til the top 2-3" of soil is completely dry... then saturate the hell out of it to get runoff, then let it go completely dry. For most people, this will mean watering every 3-4 days (maybe even 5 depending on your specific soil & room conditions)

I might be talking out my ass, but it seems to me doing this helps flush excess crap out of the soil and ensures that when you water, you're not just dissolving crystallized minerals & nutrients that were leached from the soil on the last watering. Sort of giving a min-flush each time you water - at least until it's big and strong enough to hold its own in the soil, and the soil starts getting broken down to where you're adding your own nutes.

I'm just curious - Whose Northern Lights is it? I'm growing NL from Nirvana - also in FFOF under CFLs. I'm a few weeks ahead of you - I just flipped to 12/12 today. It's also my first grow, but so far it's been a great plant to learn and experiment with. I already feel comfortable topping, FIMming and I used extensive amount of LST to accommodate my relatively short cabinet.

Definitely stick around here at 420. great folks and TONS of combined knowledge to soak up.

Good luck, and since I missed you at the first post, :welcome: to :420:

Yeah but the weird thing is the seedlings were doing good in the soil until week 2, The water I use idk what it is but it's from the sink but I fill up gallon jugs and leave them out for 2-3 days then put them next to my box when I need to water but I fill up a small bottle for feeding her, and I'll definitely follow the ways to water her now. Also i have no nutes for her yet but hopefully soon I could pick up a set any suggestions ?
My seed is from TSSC And its from 00 Seeds Northern lights
I'll also check out your grow see how that baby turns out

Back
Top Bottom