Low and slow drying?

really interested in this method!! I do have a fridge handy in the garage, how does the fridge handle the smell? we do keep beverages and random foods occasionally in it.
The smell is miniscule. Maybe a whiff now and then, but the fridge keeps the smell down.

You can burp them all you want at this stage. I usually open the container each day and check the hygrometer reading. If it reads higher than 65, I leave them open for an hour. Then I close it up and check it the next day.
Once the readings stabilize around 62, I leave it alone. Then I check it about once a week. If the reading is stable, I don't open it again unless I want to use some of it.
But I don't use glass jars, TBH. I use Canna Vaults. They cost more, much more! But I like them and can afford them, and they don't break. I also like that I can label them with a Sharpie and later use alcohol to remove label for another batch.

Hey everyone. Quick question. When I have my jars in the 62 -72 range, how long do I burp them? Until they are down to 62, or a set amount of time? Thanks

Scroll down to post #337. It has a good synopsis of the L&S method.

I just harvested my first crop on Sunday. This is my favorite top. I bud washed everything with Hydrogen Peroxide, then lemon juice and baking soda, followed by a double rinse. Props to AdamInCo for the washing technique.
zoomed in (2).png
DSC_0080.JPG
DSC_0084.JPG
Nice looking bud!

Nice looking bud!
That was my best of the crop and I just started dipping into it. It's been curing for 3 1/2 weeks and it's fantastic! All of the stuff is getting better all of a sudden. This was my first crop and the cure is real. I can't believe I actually grew this stuff! Life is good.

That was my best of the crop and I just started dipping into it. It's been curing for 3 1/2 weeks and it's fantastic! All of the stuff is getting better all of a sudden. This was my first crop and the cure is real. I can't believe I actually grew this stuff! Life is good.

Isn’t it great to dip into your first grown buds and think how awesome it is and that you grew the stuff.

I like at least a 6-8 week cure, so I think you’ll like it even more a month from now.

Isn’t it great to dip into your first grown buds and think how awesome it is and that you grew the stuff.

I like at least a 6-8 week cure, so I think you’ll like it even more a month from now.
I can't wait! It's already really good. Yes, extremely satisfying knowing I grew stuff that's better than what I was buying at the medical dispensary, and paying really good money for it too.

I have three clones from that crop that didn't make the cut for the tent, so I put them outside thinking they'd never really make it, but they survived below freezing temps in March and are magnificent looking right now. I can't wait to see how outdoor plants turn out. They're very bushy and the stalks are really thick.

Hey everyone. Mine is still drying / curing. Pinched a little bit to try it out and thought it was on the weak side. Can I expect the potency to get better as it cures? Thanks.

Hey everyone. Mine is still drying / curing. Pinched a little bit to try it out and thought it was on the weak side. Can I expect the potency to get better as it cures? Thanks.
I don't know for sure, but I heard it actually weakens over time, but gets smoother. How much weaker I don't know.

How many plants did you harvest and what is the strain? I grew 10 Purple Kush and the clones were a lot different than their mothers. Even within the same plant you might get a different experience depending on whether you're sampling the top cola that got the most light and ripened best, or something lower that received less light.

Trying out the fridge method this time around,

One you pull the buds off and put them into paper bags, how much do you usually put per bag?

Trying out the fridge method this time around,

One you pull the buds off and put them into paper bags, how much do you usually put per bag?
I put what would be about 2 oz dry in each bag (maybe 150-200 grams wet) and shake them several times the first 4-5 days. I change to new bag on the 5th day. After that it’s anywhere between 3-5 more days...I weigh the bags to see how much weight they lose each day, until they are only losing about 1-2 grams per day.
Pull the bags before the stems start getting brittle and get the flower into jars to start the next process.

Back
Top Bottom