Low budget pc grow

HerbNinja

Hey all, new to this forum but old in practice :). Anyway I have bought the majority of my supplies as cheaply as possible at local stores near me as I can't really be bothered with the whole buying online and waiting thing time is more precious than money personally. The list so far is :
Computer case- £20
3x20 watt 2700k cfl bulbs- £10.50
3xBC bulb holders- £3
6 metre twin core wire- £2.50
3x3-pin plugs- £2.50
2x80mm pc fans- £6
2xOld mobile phone chargers- £1
Strong black duct tape- £3.50

And I think that is it for now unless I've forgotten anything.
So far I've gutted the case and started to tape up unwanted holes for light proofing, now it's starting to get tricky. I am thinking hard of a way to mount my lights in the case and all I can think of is making a shelf and tie wrapping the lights on to it, any suggestions?

HerbNinja :)

I browsed around the web and found nothing useful so I took a drive filler plate from the case and bent it to a 'U' shape and duct taped it to the top of the case and taped in the bulb holders :) I will finally upload all pics of the case in roughly an hour when I'm at my pc. :)

This forums rather weird, I don't get why there's 250+ views yet only one person has taken the time to comment. Either way I'm going to carry on with this thread for a reference for other pc/micro growers on a tight budget. So anyway I got home from work today to find my two seeds have sprouted on just day 2. I have more pics and updates to come when I buy a new power supply for the actual computer.

:)
93f6b4dc.jpg

4645156a.jpg

Those little ones look good! Don't worry about the response to view ratio of your thread, it's possible most of them are just learning, and have no valuable advice to give you.

A power strip like this one:Belkin Home Series Surge suppressor and these Leviton 007-61 BRN Adapter Outlet to Socket, Brown.

I would suggest mounting the light strip horizontally, on the top side of you PC case, plug sockets facing the opposite side of case. Essentially making the cfl's horizontal as well, all lined up next to each other. The top of your PC case would then become your reflector.

Similar to this, but with the strip mounted high and horizontal.

Hope that helps :peace:
420_247.jpg

Thanks for the idea but there's a few problems to this as I only have bc27 lamps and the us 110v to uk 240v converter will set me back around £10 alone. Not much I know but hey that's why I'm on a budget lol. I may later put this into my dresser after I've moved out and keep the pc as a clone/mother box. Few more things to say such as the seeds in growing are lc brains northern lights special (not best rep I know but not had a bad one out of 6) in a coco plug in homemade soil(veg waste).

The PSU has arrived so heres the long awaited pictures. Enjoy :)
SAM_0210.jpg
SAM_0209.jpg
SAM_0205.jpg
Day2.jpg
Day3-Geoff.jpg
Day3-Norbert.jpg
Chillingonday4.jpg
Day6-Geoff.jpg
Day6-Norbert.jpg

A lot i know but wont have to post that many in one go again.

HerbNinja :)

nice little micro grow i like it i always enjoyed micro grows for personal use by way quick question whats the temp like in the case?

25 C with lights on 21 off no idea to humidity as I don't have any problems with my plants. As they say don't fix it if it hasn't broken :)

Well basically the duct tape on the light fell off and toasted them so Im attempting to revive them. Since last time I've moved house built a 100% lightproof canvas drawer unit with 4 NL just sprouting so keep an eye out for a new thread as this one will is done with

Technically RIP Plant as one of them came back from the dead :) so it is happily growing away in my new setup which consists on a secret jardin ds60 mk ll, a sun king reflector, 125w 2700k and a 100mm TT fan and prima klima cf. not the best kit but £110 brand new delivered is a winner in my books. With 4 new sprouts and the survivor :)

i was about to post that that tape will give way frm the heat and moisture, but its too late.. if you do use any type of tape, foil tape the silver reflective kind for ductworking, not actual ducktape. but that stuff can hold up to heat and moisture for years...

Back
Top Bottom