Frank Foster

420 Member
Hello fellow growers, just wanted to say thanks to 420 mag for being an awesome site. This will actually be my first journal ever, I’ve had multiple runs with indoor, outdoor, organic soil and hydro. They’re all so great in there own ways but kept me so busy I never would have had time to do a journal then. I’m originally from Cali but made a big decision move with my family across the country to the east coast. After settling in i was able to talk my wife into letting me do a small low budget closet grow. She knows how much of a passion it was to me and so therapeutic. So enough about me let’s get into the nitty gritty of this journey.

The set up
- 3 do si dos fem seeds from i49 $70
- 2000w koscheal led light but probably closer to a 600w hid $100
- 10,000 lumens led light for clones and seedlings $free
- 3 cubic ft of roots organic 707 $75
- red wiggler worms 100cnt $28
- 15gl tote $free
- 4 aloe vera Plants $8
- small oscillating fan $free
- 3 small paper cups $free
- 3 oatmeal containers $free
- seed tray with lid $2
-3 5gl buckets $10
- 3 14” water runoff saucers $6
- 2 plug timers with ground $11
- ph meter $12
- heat pad (the kind for sore backs) $free
- 6ft 16g extension cord $free
- 1gl clear apple juice container (for clones) $free
- 1 pack of rapid rooters 50ct $14
- 1gl black strap molasses $16
- 2lb diatomaceous earth with blower $16
- 2gl garden sprayer $free
- Masonry string for scrog $free
Total $368
So anything free I already had it around the house or in the garage.

I’m gonna run a 70 day veg from germination/ 70 day flower
I’m going to top them once and I’ll be using the scrog method
I popped the seeds 17 days ago on 11/10 so I have to get the journal up to date. I’m laggin lol
11/10 I germinated the seeds using the cup of water method for 24hr then once they sank I put them in damp paper towel in ziplock bag with heat pad, tap root popped on 11/12 Then straight into paper cup of soil same day. Then fed them with 1/2 tsp of aloe vera gel straight from the plant with 3 cups of water. Aloe vera is probably one of the best things to be using with soil grows. I use it with every feeding. It’s a natural root stimulator to be used with transplants, seedlings and adult plants in all stages. I also use it as a rooting gel for cloning but I’ll get into that down the road and it’s a great ph down by the way.
11/16 the popped the first set of leafs
11/20 I transplanted them into the oatmeal containers and watered with aloe.
The nutrients I use when feeding is aloe vera, fish tank water and diatomaceous earth. I’ll be making worm casting tea in a few weeks for them hence the worms and tote but right now they’re just chillin. The feed schedule is Mondays/Thursdays.
My tap water ph comes out like 7.2 and comes from wells but I still let it sit of for a day before I use it. I check ph from time to time but it comes out in range when I do check so it’s all good.
The pesticide I’ll be using is diatomaceous earth, it’s organic and acts as tiny shards of glass to pest when they breath. And over all is great for the plants structure and health.

So I think I’m all caught up peeps, I’ll be transplanting into the 5gl buckets 2 weeks before I flip them but for now they’re just chillin. Gonna keep an eye on which pheno is looking the best to harvest clones from. Until next time, happy growing y’all.

last photo is the most recent just took it tonight. Not bad for 17days from seed. So far the pheno on the right is looking the best but we’ll see. Sorry about the burple light will get natural light shots when the light goes off.

DE444A83-ABC4-42F4-968F-39493E7369FD.jpeg

3204F6B7-193F-42FA-81EA-C725F9EAD668.jpeg

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom