Low EC during flower?

Fantomlimb

Hello all. I’ve been running into a strange issue the past two weeks. I usually mix my nutes at 1.5 EC. I did a Rez change Saturday. Monday the ec was 1.4 so pretty stable but lowering slightly. I refilled the Rez with tap and the EC was .9. Today I check EC and it’s 1.2. According to the table I use, falling water, rising EC means the plant isn’t eating as much as drinking and I should lower EC. But lower than .9 seems way too low for flower. It did a similar thing last week as well. Anyone ever heard of it eating a lot at a higher EC but slowing down on a lower EC? I topped the Rez today and let the EC drop to .6. I will check tomorrow but it will likely be higher with lower water level again. I can’t put my finger on what’s happening. I’m about 6 weeks into flower. Getting close to harvest. Also I added UVB recently trying to figure out how long to run it. I ran it for about an hour yesterday but read that may be too much with the Aggromax Pure UV T5 bulb so I only did 15 minutes today. It’s sitting about 24” above and to the side of canopy. Not sure if that’s playing a part in the amount of food it eats.

4C46EDF2-3223-4E8E-9062-3D806ABA601E.jpeg

7811B585-BB10-4F55-AECA-BDE6679A9B33.jpeg

92381F5E-87D7-461E-A4ED-C8B57813B69F.jpeg

I dont go above 1.1 maybe 1.2 and thats around weeks 4-5 of flower. Youre right at that point where their ec needs start to go down. Try 0.7 and go from there.
Thanks for the quick reply. I notice the schedule I’m following does a reduction in the next week. I thought it was getting it ready for flushing but your comment makes me think it’s normal towards the end of flower. Am I wrong in that thinking?

Back
Top Bottom