Low humidity problems

Dopedaddy

Hey guys long time lurker first time poster.

Ive looked all through 420mag trying to find some thing thatll answer my questions but just cant find the right info so i thought ill just come out and ask you great people!

Ive just started growing in my new grow tent and im struggling to get the temps and humidity right for my plants.

Heat is easy for me to control but obvs when i change the heat the humidity fluctuates with it.

The problem is the humidity is low all the time. Like around 10% at times.

Ive put a kids steamer in there to get it up and it bumped it up to 22%. ( thats also including 3 cups of water with spounges in them and 2 tubs with towls hanging in them.. ) i also spray the walls every now and then but nothing seems to be working.

I have a cool tube hood with a 150mm fan sucking thru both the carbon filter and cool tube and then a cool inline fan to bring new air into the tent ( ive turned off recently to get humidity up as an experimental test and it slightly helps with humidity )

The exhaust fan running through the hood is also on a remote that ive turned down a fair bit.

So in saying all this am i doing some thing wrong ? Do i need to go out and get a good humidifier? ( if so any suggestions? )

Please guys any constructive criticism will be appreciated!

Thank you,

One love y'all!

:welcome: to :420: daddy!

Sounds like you tried all the obvious DIY type stuff. Yeah - 10% is brutal regardless, but especially if your temp's are on the high side.
I'm no help on recommending a brand or model, but it sounds like a humidifier is def' in order. I'd look at something with a little more capacity than you think you need since you're pulling air through quickly.
:goodluck:

:welcome: to :420: daddy!

Sounds like you tried all the obvious DIY type stuff. Yeah - 10% is brutal regardless, but especially if your temp's are on the high side.
I'm no help on recommending a brand or model, but it sounds like a humidifier is def' in order. I'd look at something with a little more capacity than you think you need since you're pulling air through quickly.
:goodluck:

The only thing I can think to add is...

Is it possible to place humidifier outside your grow area and raise the humidity there? That way, you can focus on keeping temps right with exhaust fan, and all inlet air will have proper humidity. This is how I do it since I grow in a small space. Inlet air temp is 69F 60%RH. Inside the grow room, temp rises to 77F and RH falls to 52%RH.

Never thought of that , ill give that a try as well , i bought a new humidifier of ebay so when she arrives ill have a bit of a play with where ill put it , ill try your way first. Do you think itll still be good to do it outside being in a garage? Its a little drafty because of small gaps in the roller doors?

Thank you!

Never thought of that , ill give that a try as well , i bought a new humidifier of ebay so when she arrives ill have a bit of a play with where ill put it , ill try your way first. Do you think itll still be good to do it outside being in a garage? Its a little drafty because of small gaps in the roller doors?

Thank you!

I think it will be the best place even if it's not perfect. From what I'm seeing over the last few years browsing journals, grow rooms evolve. The most successful growers are the ones who continue to dial in there environment. I spent a lot of time working on mine. Now, I have plans in the next year to redesign everything. No more cabinets.

The point is, just keep in mind that environment is more important than anything. Keep working on it and it will reward you with beautiful harvests.

Do you think itll still be good to do it outside being in a garage? Its a little drafty because of small gaps in the roller doors?

I agree with Masonman, you need to condition the air that you're pulling into the tent. The garage may be a little drafty, but nothing compared to the tent. I assume you have fans that are changing the air out every couple minutes at least... a humidifier inside the tent has no chance of humidifying it. At least not until the entire garage is humidified.

I don't do anything to the air inside my grow area, it's cooled and/or dehumidified before being pulled into the closets.

Back
Top Bottom