Low Input Southern African Window Weed Start Up: Coco Grow

Hey LeRugged, thanks :) I think last night was our coldest night so far... 8 degrees! Is it your place where I saw the monster plants on the outdoor balcony? I have been assuming this to be the case because I watched those mature and they were looking fabulous. I have seen from your post that you are mixing it up a bit and growing in different indoor and outdoor environments now. When is it announced who the winner is of the monthly plant compo? I haven't been on the site for a little while so I am a tad out of touch. Good luck with the winter grow... it will be interesting if nothing else :)
Thanks Carmen.
Yeah the one on my journal? Or can you see it from your house? I still have one lone little guy to finish and then I'll close the journal and start a new one. Doing the usual I do every year just better this time. I now know the pros and cons of the grow space as this was my first grow here. I have a game plan now. :) it was chillos last night.

Thanks Carmen.
Yeah the one on my journal? Or can you see it from your house? I still have one lone little guy to finish and then I'll close the journal and start a new one. Doing the usual I do every year just better this time. I now know the pros and cons of the grow space as this was my first grow here. I have a game plan now. :) it was chillos last night.
I think yours is the one I can see from my balcony if I look out and to my left.... we could fly paper aeroplanes through each other's windows I think :thumb:

Plants are looking awesome sista Carmen :yummy: It's been so cold so root & general plant growth slows down a bit now. If you've got any dagga plant pots sitting directly on concrete or cold tiles they won't like it so much, see if you can put some wood or even carpet between your pots and cold surfaces.
Yeah the one on my journal? Or can you see it from your house?
I think yours is the one I can see from my balcony if I look out and to my left.... we could fly paper aeroplanes through each other's windows I think
I'm only a mellow drive away... i'll have to come pop in for a cuppa and a smoke some time. :nomo::rollit:i've got loads of clones that need new homes...

Plants are looking awesome sista Carmen :yummy: It's been so cold so root & general plant growth slows down a bit now. If you've got any dagga plant pots sitting directly on concrete or cold tiles they won't like it so much, see if you can put some wood or even carpet between your pots and cold surfaces.

I'm only a mellow drive away... i'll have to come pop in for a cuppa and a smoke some time. :nomo::rollit:i've got loads of clones that need new homes...
Hey Irie Brother... you must come and visit... in this weather I usually have a pot of veggie broth on the go. I can also show you my lekker veggie / herb / fruit garden that is starting up outside my front door.... I am so excited for this foodie project. Thanks for the tip on warming the surface with something.. I can use towels. Most of my plants are on wood but I have some at the window ledge that are directly on the cold wall :thumb::passitleft:

Hey Irie Brother... you must come and visit... in this weather I usually have a pot of veggie broth on the go. I can also show you my lekker veggie / herb / fruit garden that is starting up outside my front door.... I am so excited for this foodie project. Thanks for the tip on warming the surface with something.. I can use towels. Most of my plants are on wood but I have some at the window ledge that are directly on the cold wall :thumb::passitleft:
I you are where I think you are I can see a tall plant between the window and curtain in a brown pot. If that's you then you had a full screen view of my grow haha

I you are where I think you are I can see a tall plant between the window and curtain in a brown pot. If that's you then you had a full screen view of my grow haha
No, that must be my neighbour lol.... I don't have curtains and my window pots are relatively small... the flowering plants are discreetly moved back and down... look for the fire escape

is this preposterous? I almost nuked these two plants with too much water and then the fungus gnats took hold... they love the yellow tape. the infection was a strong one and I used a bacillus and a fungal application to kill what was in the roots. I sprinkled
Diatomaceous earth on the top so the mofos would bleed on exit. I am seeing double and the spell checker just fucked my brain :420:

Attachments

• IMG_20190625_231934[1].jpg
    IMG_20190625_231934[1].jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 99
Hey @Carmen Ray
the Epsom salts and Bicarbonate... how much are you using of that? And what is it used for?
Too much salt intake on those plants and you'll be asking for problems. 1tsp of Bicarbonate contains around 1200mg of salt.
Do you have an EC pen(PPM/EC)?
This will help you when you mix your nutes.
It's not a definite science.... it relates to evaporation and nutrient content that reaches your roots. I sprinkled half a handful a couple of days ago. Plant patrol tonight the coco was still damp and decent temperature... good all day conditions for a natural cycle. I hope you are well.

Hello. I have had a bit of a melt down due to some changing circumstances and unfortunately in the process I have sort of lost my window weed. My flatmate, whilst assuring me that I have been his best flat mate ever and not to take it personally, has told me that he wants to live alone. That kinda broke me up. We are still buddies but the upshot is that I have to find a new home and will do some recovering in Durban whilst I look for a weed friendly and comfortable place within budget, to return to and live in Cape Town. Possessions mostly going into storage facility to make things as simple as possible. I have a friend who will collect the plants and feed them to fruition. They are all now in flower except the Transkei landrace plant, which is growing beautifully and bushing up nicely. It doesn't show signs of being a girl or a boy, but I trust that it is feminine. I hope that my friend will help her to become awesome as spring approaches. I will post my farewell photo of this phase now and I hope that you see it and that I haven't been un-followed after the advocacy activities etc.
I hope to hear from you guys who have been so encouraging in this journey. My very best regards to you all :circle-of-love::peace::green_heart:

Attachments

• IMG-20190806-WA0047.jpeg
    IMG-20190806-WA0047.jpeg
    415.9 KB · Views: 94
Hey Carmen - hope everything turns for the better for you very soon :high-five:
Enjoy Durban while you're up there, i am sure you are going to find the right spot for yourself in CPT real soon.
Best of luck, take it easy.

"Glamping," for me, means remembering to pack coffee, lol.

Are you somewhere that you might have an opportunity to grow a plant - or two ;) - outdoors, in the wild, so to speak?

I hope you find a house or whatnot if and when it becomes time to take a little break from camping. Be sure to get YOUR name on the lease. . . .

Are you somewhere that you might have an opportunity to grow a plant - or two ;) - outdoors, in the wild, so to speak?

I hope you find a house or whatnot if and when it becomes time to take a little break from camping. Be sure to get YOUR name on the lease. . . .
Oh God, I kept trying to hit the like button and got tied up in knots. I am only staying where I am briefly. I want to go back home to Cape Town, so thank you so much for the encouragement. This time I will have my name on the lease, for sure. Good tip.

Hi folks. I collected my ex-window weed today and clipped leaves, setting them in the coco pots outdoors now at my new house. They smell so good and are as sticky as anything. Obviously growth was stunted in winter and lately from lack of nute feed, but I will get some reasonable head off them I think. Some tosser harvested my White Widow and my Pineapple Express... how rude. So advice anyone? I don't think these are ready yet, the triches are still white... what do you think? Oh, and the Transkei plant (also stunted) has just started with pistils and I intend to feed her stukkend.

Attachments

• DSC_7534-Edit.jpg
    DSC_7534-Edit.jpg
    866.1 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_7538-Edit.jpg
    DSC_7538-Edit.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_7542-Edit.jpg
    DSC_7542-Edit.jpg
    488.3 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC_7546-Edit.jpg
    DSC_7546-Edit.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC_7564-Edit.jpg
    DSC_7564-Edit.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_7565-Edit.jpg
    DSC_7565-Edit.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 81

Hey TS, thank you for your kind words and smiles. I think I snared an internet wobble when last I tried to respond to you and the functionality of the site / or plain internet problems confounded me and I left. So, sorry for a delay in response. "Glamping" over; now settling into a lovely house with long-term prospects xo

Back
Top Bottom