Lower leaves dying

Aknott87

Just wondering what people think is causing my lower leaves to die off?

Attachments

• IMG_20190809_185546.jpg
    IMG_20190809_185546.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 43
Hi AK,

Can you share a bit more about your environment - humidity and temps in particular? The first thought that occurs to me is either nute or watering related. Curling tips and droopy leaves. I am still quite new to growing, but I suspect more experienced growers will be more helpful, but might want some of the same information. Hope that we can get you squared away.

Are the upper leaves in good shape?

Upper leaves and new growth is great. Plants are under t5s, should average 75 degrees and about 50-60% humidity. But I am running an agressive feeding regiment. Plants are in 4*4*4 rockwool cubes on a ebb and flow tray. Watering 4 times a day. Had other strains on the same setup with now problems.

Got it. The environment (temp and RH) sounds great. And if upper leaves look great, I am at a bit of a loss. If I had to guess, I would say excess nutes, but if new growth looks good, that is probably not right. Hopefully someone more experienced will chime in. In the meantime, I would just stay the course and keep a close eye on it spreading to other areas. Sorry, not much help.

"aggressive feeding" is never a good idea mate. It's absolutely 100% impossible to speed up growth rates or improve anything by adding too much nutes.
The plants pic and choose what they want when they want it and the left just gets left behind. Throws the mix off balance, fucks with the pH and generally causes lots of wierd and wonderful problems.
Got a full plant shot there and I'll be able to tell you what ppm you should be using :)

I did find some of these little guys on my roots. Haven't been able to find out what they are yet. Looks like they have 8 Legs. Wondering if maybe they are nibbling on my roots cause my plants to struggle getting the right food.

Thanks

I did find some of these little guys on my roots. Haven't been able to find out what they are yet. Looks like they have 8 Legs. Wondering if maybe they are nibbling on my roots cause my plants to struggle getting the right food.

Thanks
Kinda look like developing spider mite larva. If you found them on the underside of your leaves and you see red dots (eyes) appear in a day or two that's your culprit.

I've never seen spider mites on roots before, I've seen plenty on leaves before though. Trying to do some goodle searching but haven't found anything yet.

Back
Top Bottom