Lower leaves turning yellow and dying

So first things first, lets start removing those yellow leaves on your plant. They do no good when they are like that, its also an open invite for pests and diseases. Those first 2 pictures make me think of a phosphorus deficiency. It could also be nute burn. So since you are using nutes I don't think its any kind of deficiency. Try backing off the nutes for a week and see how it looks then. What kind of soil are you using, and have you checked the ph lately? When you say seems to be fine that makes me think your just guessing and haven't really checked it. What strength did you start the nutes at?

Here's a great link I would suggest bookmarkin it:
Plant Abuse Chart

So first things first, lets start removing those yellow leaves on your plant. They do no good when they are like that, its also an open invite for pests and diseases. Those first 2 pictures make me think of a phosphorus deficiency. It could also be nute burn. So since you are using nutes I don't think its any kind of deficiency. Try backing off the nutes for a week and see how it looks then. What kind of soil are you using, and have you checked the ph lately? When you say seems to be fine that makes me think your just guessing and haven't really checked it. What strength did you start the nutes at?

Here's a great link I would suggest bookmarkin it:
Plant Abuse Chart

I've removed all the dead leaves, just took shot before taking them off. I've never checked the soil ph but I've always used ph 6,5 water. Soil is mix of potting soil and vegetable soil (soil + nute mix for vegetables). I burned the plants accidently because I tried to fix the yellow leaves which I thought to be result of potassium defiency.

Okay awesome. I would suggest finding something to test your ph with. This could be a ph issue. If your ph is off it can block the roots from taking up the nutes they need and cause a deficiency of some kind. The only time you need to worry about a potassium deficiency is during flowering. During veg they need higher amounts of nitrogen. I still think you should stop using nutes. And hopefully in 3 to 5 days we will see some progress. Btw what do your temps usually run?

Okay awesome. I would suggest finding something to test your ph with. This could be a ph issue. If your ph is off it can block the roots from taking up the nutes they need and cause a deficiency of some kind. The only time you need to worry about a potassium deficiency is during flowering. During veg they need higher amounts of nitrogen. I still think you should stop using nutes. And hopefully in 3 to 5 days we will see some progress. Btw what do your temps usually run?

Temps are usually at 26C except at night when I cant hold window open they are around 28C. I was thinking of going 12/12 in few days, what you think of this? Should I still pause nutes?

definently sounds like your ph is off, probably too low. had that same problem last year during harvest. add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda per gallon to raise the ph.

I wouldn't go adding anything that will raise or lower the ph unless you know for sure what your ph is. Yes I would still pause using nutes, just so we can find out whats wrong. Going 12/12 should not be an issue.

My both plant's lower leaves are slowly turning yellow and ultimately dying. The top ones are doing fine. What could cause this?

MG is chemically synthesized mineral salt from labs. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE STUFF which is definitely causing your pH to go out of wack. Get a base up and acid down kit purchasable at any hydro store (one in every city). pH needs to be at around 6.6 FOR THRIVE. Before you bud MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ATLEAST 12 axillary buds or lateral meristems whatever you know them as.

a root ball is where the majority of the roots have gathered at the bast of the shoot. Just make sure you plant in good soil I would recommend fox farm as well as their nutrients.

hi guys im also having abit of trouble im on my 2nd week of flower im using magic soil with an organic feed which was recommended iv noticed small yellow spots and one fan leaf with abit of yellow which started in the middle of the leaf im feeding 3ml per litre and feeding from the bottom every 2 to 3 days should i be giving them a brake and just giving them straight water also ph is about 6.0-6.4

DSC045002.JPG
DSC044993.JPG

These were and still are growing in Miracle Grow.

Those are nutrient burnt not deficient. While using miracle grow soil you don't fertalize with ANYTHING for at least the first three weeks, most strains do well off of miracle grow tbh (not every strain just most). Just people don't realize that those TIME RELEASED nutrients... Suprisingly take TIME to start working lol.... Next time don't feed them anything until they start telling you too lol.

Also looked over watered. Never water unless your soil is super light to pick up. Or you can put your finger down all the way in it and have it come out relatively clean.... Kind of like baking brownies....

Hi somebody plse help im 6wks in on my 3rd grow in soil 5wks veg 1 wk flower with 24 plants 5 psycho cheese from cuttings 9 ultimate and 10 dutch cheese from seed from dutch passion under 8 x 600 watt lights lumatek ballasts n bulbs with ten inch inlet and exhaust fans with ozone generator all in 18 litre pots using tomorite soil perlite n vermiculite and feeding once a wk with miracle grow plant food. I expect people to laugh at the food and soil but i was taught by someone with over 20yrs experience and thats all theyve ever used the npk in the food is spot on for weed and the soil is to i did my first grow with him with jorges diamonds from dutch passion and averaged 6oz per 9 plants i then done 12 on my own same seed same method and got 6,75 oz average but now ive done 24 im having problems with new growth dying of within a couple of days i did overwater after in the 2nd wk of veg and lost alot of foliage but they bounced bk but now i have this problem my mate who taught me is in spain doing 600outside and unreachable somebody plse help ive spent hours resaerching but cant find nothin similiar the previous 2 i had optimum conditions temp rh water food co2 this time my temps alot higher between 37 n 44 and having to water alot more than previous

The older leaves are wilting off and dying though the newer ones look quite strong. Been getting black spots on the leaf tips too. Don't know whether this is nitrogen def or toxicity.. how do i make my plant healthy again?

hy lads.just a quick question cos i dont realy know who to ask.my plants leave start to curl upwards few leaves on each plant.2 weeks in veg 65 humidity temp around 27c.no nutriants yet.only plain water.thanks alot

Just going to say the bio biz line up is shit. you have to be very generous with the nutes or will get def.. using recommended feeding like 1 ml of grow and 1 ml of bloom ppm was still under 200!! One of my plants in soil using biobiz had same issues thought it was nute burn until i checked ppm so i mixed it up 1 ml of each til i had an 800 ppm mix was more like 10 ml of each in 1 litre of water. the burnt growth wont recover but the new growth will be lush. i got some awesome weed off that plant but never used bio bizz again nutes cost to much for how much you ACTUALLY need to use

Back
Top Bottom