Lower leaves turning yellow with purple stems

this guy

What strain is it? (3) Green House Seeds - Super Lemon Haze
Genetics: Lemon Skunk x Super Silver Haze
Space size: Secret Jardin DR150 Grow Tent - 5x5x6.5
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flower
Veg... For how long? 3 weeks total (LST started)
Flower.. For how long? 16 Days (LST - still making adjustments)
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 2/3 Promix, 1/3 Fox Farm Ocean Floor, 2 TBSP Dolomite
If soil... What size pot? 5 gallon
Size of light? 600w HPS and 4 - 27w cfl
Is it aircooled? Yes - Fans
Temp of Room/cab? 80
RH of Room/cab? 30%
PH of media or res? 6.3
Any Pests ? Nope
How often are you watering? Wet/Dry 1x week
Type and strength of ferts used? Earth Juice - Full line: substitute catalyst with molasses.

Feeding/watering notes:
Last week of veg (2 weeks ago), I fed them a "Microblast Mix". They have only gotten the following tea/mix one time:
  • 1 TBSP - Grow
  • 1 tsp - Bloom
  • 1 tsp - Molasses
  • 1 tsp - Meta-K
  • 1 tsp - Microblast

They are now on an early flowering tea/mix. They have gotten the following 2 times:
  • 1 TBSP Grow
  • 1 TBSP Bloom
  • 1 tsp Molasses
(all ingredients are added to a gallon of water)

I am starting to noticing the lower leaves turning yellow with purple stems. I'm thinking the plants may have a mg or p deficiency? Does anyone have any suggestions? I'll post some pictures when the lights turn on.

You might be a bit light with the lime.

With promix, "I" use 1cup/cf of mix. 1cf=~7.5 gallons, so 5 gallons would be ~2/3 of a cup, a long ways from 2tbsp.

I'm also running EJ. Be very easy with the micro and meta-k, both are very easy to over do. I now never apply more than every 2 weeks and it's usually every 3 weeks.

I also really like the extra goodies in the catalyst, but use it 1/4 cat and 3/4 molasses to make it last.

I think you are right about the mg and p.

DD

You might be a bit light with the lime.

With promix, "I" use 1cup/cf of mix. 1cf=~7.5 gallons, so 5 gallons would be ~2/3 of a cup, a long ways from 2tbsp.

I'm also running EJ. Be very easy with the micro and meta-k, both are very easy to over do. I now never apply more than every 2 weeks and it's usually every 3 weeks.

I also really like the extra goodies in the catalyst, but use it 1/4 cat and 3/4 molasses to make it last.

I think you are right about the mg and p.

DD

Thanks DD! I think I need to reevaluate my nute recipe. The yellowing is starting with the bottom leaves (from the tip -> to the purple stems) Here are some pictures:
IMG_09823.jpg

IMG_09837.jpg

IMG_09815.jpg

IMG_09776.jpg

IMG_09763.jpg

IMG_09754.jpg

i used 100% FFOF and earth juice. haveing the same exact problem as in the pics, but some brown/gray i quess rusty spots on the leaves that are yellow.

is it too late to add lime?? if not, how would i go about adding it?

imho you should consider using 25% perlite with your mix along with dolomite. as far as adding dolomite now, mix into the top layers of soil and water until you get flowing runoff...:)

my plants are getting worse. Now instead of 1 looking bad, they all do.

couldn't find domolite lime, so i picked up garden lime (powder). How much do i add and how often? like a few tbsp?

Garden lime is fine, as long as it's powdered.

2tbl/gallon of mix. ex, 3 gallon pots = 6 tbl of lime.

Sprinkle it on top and water in. One application only! Takes a couple of weeks to kick in.

DD

Back
Top Bottom