More light or lower temp?

• More light

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less heat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gelite

Ok, so I've stated before that I've never had a problem with temperature before but I think I cursed myself. I had to move my grow to a building outside of my house. I do have a window ac unit pointed right at them alond with a box fan. The girls are doing fine but, my temp is getting close to 90 degrees in the hottest part of the day and that's with only my 1000 watt hps only. I have a weather station with a wireless hygrometer/thermometer unit and I have that thing hanging under my light. Now take into consideration that's the temp right under the light. If I move it away from the light and away from the fan the temp gets to about 85 degrees. It doesn't feel anywhere near 90 but that's what the thermometer says and I have another weather station in the room but it's not the remote sensor, I have the base for that unit in the room and it reads a few degrees cooler but it's hanging on the wall. Now because of the heat I am only running the one light but I feel like I'm not giving them enough light. I have to run them during the day because the light bleeds out and u can see it in a few places and it's in a place that shouldn't have light illuminating from it. I don't want any unwanted attention on the grow building. Now should I give more light as well as more heat or go with the one and keep it cool? Like I said, the room feels quite comfortable but if it says 80 then 80 it is. I don't want to stop there growth but I like them to have all the light I can offer

Re: Lower temp or more light???

I would turn down the light on the ballast if you have a dimmable ballast. The plants are going to keep growing im sure but prob not yield as much as they could have. Try getting some big oscilating fans do get air moving around the room and towards the window to be vented out?

Yeah it really feel cooler outside than what the thermometer says it is. I could sit out there all day. The thermometer on the wall reads about 5 degrees cooler in my room than what the remote sensor sends back to me. I need to get a timer that will turn my other light on for an hour or so every other hour. I can time it to run in the cooler parts of the day. It's a very small room for the ac that's in there it's just not insulated. They are growing nicely so I think they will be ok. The days are getting shorter now so hopefully that will help

Clerification: Outside, meaning my grow room. My room is not in the house . Its in another building so I say "outside" but what I mean is, in my grow room..........

85f is fine, that's perfectly fine. My setup is hotter honestly and in doing hydro.

That light is more than enough also. Consider light proofing the building to run at night. Or 24/7.

I was going to light proof it but I'm not going to grow in it again. I have another building Im going to use next grow. This was just an emergency kinda move. Hey I appreciate the reinsurance. I feel a little better.

Back
Top Bottom