Lowering my room temp how much do you think this will help

Purple Goose

I am woring on lowering my room temps as I am reaching 83-85 farenheight mid day and couldnt figure out why as my intake air temp is 65 degrees coming in at 250cfm my light is a 1000w cooled with a 6" 400cfm fan but wasnt thinking I still had the ballast in the room . So what I am wondering is if any of you are using a magnetic 1000w switchable ballast and moved it to a remote location about how much did your temp drop ... like is it unreasonable to hope for a 3-5 degree drop in temperature or possibly more as my ballast feels like it is 90+ degrees/. Any input please cause if I can expect to see a fairly decent decrease in temp with summer coming I am in.

How big is your grow room?

The bigger it is, the less drop you're going to get from getting the ballast out of there, but hard to know until you do it.

If it's not a huge hassle, I'd try that first before upgrading anything else, because you can do that mod for free and your ballast may be happier and last longer in a cooler environment.

How big is your grow room?

The bigger it is, the less drop you're going to get from getting the ballast out of there, but hard to know until you do it.

If it's not a huge hassle, I'd try that first before upgrading anything else, because you can do that mod for free and your ballast may be happier and last longer in a cooler environment.

Well its kinda odd shapped but basically L shaped but i would say it has a total of 58 feet squar floor space 7 feet tall so maybe 500 cubic feet but and to tell the truth the ballast is warmer then the light and reflector I would esitmate it to be 90 degrees or more.

yeah they do get pretty hot, but that's a pretty big room.

what's involved as far as moving it out?

All I have to do to move it is to make a shelf on the wall just outside the room and to cut a grove into the door jam 1" deep and 1 1/2 " tall just big enough to get the power and light cord thru. I already did this and then using black silicon to fill the gap have closed all the light leaks and its outside the room now. And after todays temperature starting at 70 degree's the room only rose to 78.5 degrees. I was thinking to combat the heat and any stress that may come with the higher temps of the summer I will be using 6 DIY CO2 generators as well as Superthrive and assorted b vitamins to lower the effects of stress.

Back
Top Bottom