Lowrider2/AK47 (EasyRyder) 50 days from seed!

Filthy Biker

This cola, 50 days young from seed, measures 14"!! Ten days, give or take to go!
DSC014961.JPG

Small closet soil grow with 4 luscious ladies. Who says you can't get a good yield from a few auto-flowers?! Anyone care to give an opinion what they'll yield?
DSC015062.JPG

Peace everyone
:tokin:

Re: Lowrider2/AK47 (EasyRyder) 50 days from seed!!

I have the same strain going and a few days older than yours and I think mine need to go to about 80-90 days, they look the same but I just don't think mine are ready....Good luck to you though, I hope you have great outcomes!!!!:goodluck:

Thanks Willoby. I'm urging these gals to get done. Unfortuneately due to work schedule constraints, I don't have any longer than the 63 days to get 'er done! I' will be needing the luck you sent my way. I was looking for some pics of your grow....where are they?

Thanks Willoby. I'm urging these gals to get done. Unfortuneately due to work schedule constraints, I don't have any longer than the 63 days to get 'er done! I' will be needing the luck you sent my way. I was looking for some pics of your grow....where are they?

I haven't yet posted a single picture on the site yet but I may in the next few weeks....

I just planted 3 of these - yours look real nice! I thought they were supposed to finish in 7 weeks from seed...sounds like that is not the case for you guys. How tall are they?

:thanks:
:thumb:
:peacetwo:

Thanks everyone for the interest and good vibes. Pop, to answer your question, the tallest is 32", the shortest 21". I wish I could explain to you the reason for the different heights. The seeds came from Attitude (good reputation) and they received equal attention, nutes, lighting, and unabashed love from me. Don't be concerned about the short ones though, the fattest and most dense cola is on the 21"er. It was the only one of the four that stayed to one primary cola, the other three branched like crazy. This strain claims 63 days from seed to finish; mine should be a little earlier as trichs are turning amber already, the frosting gets better each day. It is a true wonder to see such maturity from plants so young.

Pop, I never read anything from seed banks or growers describing maturity any earlier than 60 days from seed (counting the two day germ time also). Other growers have recommended to go 80-90 days, and while that may be true for some grows, mine will certainly be ready within the 60-63 day point. Another two weeks only increases CBD and CBN vs. THC. I like the sativa high and prolonging harvest might be counter productive to what I want.

Here's a little scientific info for y'all to consider in regard to THC, CBD, and CBN;
Weed contains a number of cannabinoids, of which the most abundant are THC (D9-tetrahydrocannabinol), CBD (cannabidiol) and CBN (cannabinol). The active ingredient, which gets you high, is THC. In the plant, CBD is a precursor and CBN a metabolite of THC. As cannabis gets older, THC gradually breaks down to CBN.

THC is the substance found to have most psychoactive effect, and also the most effect on symptoms such as pain or bronchospasm. CBN and CBD are not psychoactive themselves, however CBD can take the edge off a THC high, tending to relax the user rather than increasing anxiety and paranoia. CBD has also been found to have anticonvulsant properties (potential value in treating epilepsy, MS, muscle spasms etc), and recent research has indicated CBD to be effective in reducing neurotoxic brain damage following strokes or head trauma. CBD is normally present in significant quantities in hash, although in most buds the levels of CBD are usually quite low or absent.

So....beyond the techno babble and depending on what type of "medicine" you're after will dictate the best time to assume the role of executioner. THC and for the most part CBD equals good stuff. Waiting beyond the true time of harvest will create CBN as deterioration of the "good stuff" naturally occurs. This is why we all know not to let the plant die and dry on its own. After all, we're not growing vine ripened tomatoes are we??
Myself, I prefer the buzzy sativa type high and desire a good puff that will still allow me to cope with whatever I got going on that day....catch my drift? This is why when about 1/2 my trichs are amber I'm looking to whack 'em!

Thanks everyone for the interest and good vibes. Pop, to answer your question, the tallest is 32", the shortest 21". I wish I could explain to you the reason for the different heights. The seeds came from Attitude (good reputation) and they received equal attention, nutes, lighting, and unabashed love from me. Don't be concerned about the short ones though, the fattest and most dense cola is on the 21"er. It was the only one of the four that stayed to one primary cola, the other three branched like crazy. This strain claims 63 days from seed to finish; mine should be a little earlier as trichs are turning amber already, the frosting gets better each day. It is a true wonder to see such maturity from plants so young.

Pop, I never read anything from seed banks or growers describing maturity any earlier than 60 days from seed (counting the two day germ time also). Other growers have recommended to go 80-90 days, and while that may be true for some grows, mine will certainly be ready within the 60-63 day point. Another two weeks only increases CBD and CBN vs. THC. I like the sativa high and prolonging harvest might be counter productive to what I want.

Here's a little scientific info for y'all to consider in regard to THC, CBD, and CBN;
Weed contains a number of cannabinoids, of which the most abundant are THC (D9-tetrahydrocannabinol), CBD (cannabidiol) and CBN (cannabinol). The active ingredient, which gets you high, is THC. In the plant, CBD is a precursor and CBN a metabolite of THC. As cannabis gets older, THC gradually breaks down to CBN.

THC is the substance found to have most psychoactive effect, and also the most effect on symptoms such as pain or bronchospasm. CBN and CBD are not psychoactive themselves, however CBD can take the edge off a THC high, tending to relax the user rather than increasing anxiety and paranoia. CBD has also been found to have anticonvulsant properties (potential value in treating epilepsy, MS, muscle spasms etc), and recent research has indicated CBD to be effective in reducing neurotoxic brain damage following strokes or head trauma. CBD is normally present in significant quantities in hash, although in most buds the levels of CBD are usually quite low or absent.

So....beyond the techno babble and depending on what type of "medicine" you're after will dictate the best time to assume the role of executioner. THC and for the most part CBD equals good stuff. Waiting beyond the true time of harvest will create CBN as deterioration of the "good stuff" naturally occurs. This is why we all know not to let the plant die and dry on its own. After all, we're not growing vine ripened tomatoes are we??
Myself, I prefer the buzzy sativa type high and desire a good puff that will still allow me to cope with whatever I got going on that day....catch my drift? This is why when about 1/2 my trichs are amber I'm looking to whack 'em!

Thanks for the info - yeah, Attitude indicates that this strain should "mature" 7 weeks from seed - outdoors, of course. Are they telling me that these things can completely finish outside in 49 days? That does not seem possible, so I must be misunderstanding something. At any rate, thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, I gravitate toward a sativa high - particularly if it positively influences things like musical improvisation or writing. Then again, sometimes I just want to veg and not think about anything.

:goodluck:
:peace:

Good point there, Pop. What the hell does "mature" mean anyway, all the seed banks use it. Hey, it's a good question for forum then. When I did my Low Riders last summer outdoors, they certainly progressed at a slower rate. Maybe flowering at 49 days if grown exclusively outdoors? BTW, not a great choice for autoflowers, not enough sunlight to take advantage of the strain's genetics. Kinda defeats the purpose of a plant that can take a 20/4 cycle throughout.

So I tried to get closeups of the colas, but my camera is less than cooperative. Day 51 and the fat ladies.....
Fat_Chicks.JPG

Thick_.JPG

Good point there, Pop. What the hell does "mature" mean anyway, all the seed banks use it. Hey, it's a good question for forum then. When I did my Low Riders last summer outdoors, they certainly progressed at a slower rate. Maybe flowering at 49 days if grown exclusively outdoors? BTW, not a great choice for autoflowers, not enough sunlight to take advantage of the strain's genetics. Kinda defeats the purpose of a plant that can take a 20/4 cycle throughout.

So I tried to get closeups of the colas, but my camera is less than cooperative. Day 51 and the fat ladies.....
Fat_Chicks.JPG

Thick_.JPG

The plants look awesome - great job. :goodluck: Something to inspire me to grow better weed. Did you find them to be heavy eaters - full strength nutes or something less?

My current grow is about a week old and the 3 LRs are my shortest seedlings. This time around I am going with a less "hot" soil mix, so I will have to add more nutes. What I am still learning is what, when and how much...less seems to be more if the basics are just right (e.g., temps, rh, CO2, ph, etc.).

These plants are like kids - easy to make 'em but hard to raise right!

:tokin:

Great job im thinking about starting my first grow with this strain..did you use the Autoflowering seeds for this plant? not sure if i've seen any feminized seeds of that strain (Ak-47 x Low Ryder)

Great job im thinking about starting my first grow with this strain..did you use the Autoflowering seeds for this plant? not sure if i've seen any feminized seeds of that strain (Ak-47 x Low Ryder)

Check Attitudes website under lowryder feminized seeds and you will find them!!!:goodluck:

Check Attitudes website under lowryder feminized seeds and you will find them!!!:goodluck:

Oh ok ive been looking there and i dont recall coming across this starin in feminized seeds, But i havent looked through the whole site..I was hoping that the person that is growing these plants would respond and fill me in so i can see if this is a good strain to start my first grow with..

Oh ok ive been looking there and i dont recall coming across this starin in feminized seeds, But i havent looked through the whole site..I was hoping that the person that is growing these plants would respond and fill me in so i can see if this is a good strain to start my first grow with..

Go to attitude seed bank and look on the right side for Lowryder - its the top selling strain and its called Easy Ryder. Also take a look at 60 Day Wonder from DNA Genetics and Il Diavolo from Delicious Seeds. If you link thru the sponsors page on this site then 420magazine (this site) will be compensated - a little give back on your part.

Go to attitude seed bank and look on the right side for Lowryder - its the top selling strain and its called Easy Ryder. Also take a look at 60 Day Wonder from DNA Genetics and Il Diavolo from Delicious Seeds. If you link thru the sponsors page on this site then 420magazine (this site) will be compensated - a little give back on your part.

Alright thanks for the help..And i saw some Kalashnikova (Genetics AK-47 x White Widow) and i was wondering if ''Green House Seeds'' are worthy enough to buy from? And it says Photoperiod for the Flowering time,What does that mean? If you would please

Alright thanks for the help..And i saw some Kalashnikova (Genetics AK-47 x White Widow) and i was wondering if ''Green House Seeds'' are worthy enough to buy from? And it says Photoperiod for the Flowering time,What does that mean? If you would please

GHS - one of the biggest seed producers - I am sure they will be fine for you. Its hard to separate the hype and gossip from the truth and reality of the strain. Whatever attitude says on their site you should check against the growers site. Discrepancies between Attitude and the growers descriptions are commonplace - not the end of the world, but I am looking from some high quality strains that will stay under a meter in height. So, Attitude might say "medium" for height but the grower might have more specific details. GHS, Barney's Farm, Nirvana, Mandala Seeds and many others have greater details about their strains and how to grow them on their own sites.

Might make sense to start with something easy to grow that fits your grow space. If you search Attitude for "easy grow" you'll get a list of strains considered easier to grow.

GHS - one of the biggest seed producers - I am sure they will be fine for you. Its hard to separate the hype and gossip from the truth and reality of the strain. Whatever attitude says on their site you should check against the growers site. Discrepancies between Attitude and the growers descriptions are commonplace - not the end of the world, but I am looking from some high quality strains that will stay under a meter in height. So, Attitude might say "medium" for height but the grower might have more specific details. GHS, Barney's Farm, Nirvana, Mandala Seeds and many others have greater details about their strains and how to grow them on their own sites.

Might make sense to start with something easy to grow that fits your grow space. If you search Attitude for "easy grow" you'll get a list of strains considered easier to grow.

Thanks that helps a lot..i've searched up ''Easy Grow'' on the attitude website and it gave me a good variety of what to start with and i think im gonna start my first grow with ''Master Kush''..I appreciate your help

Back
Top Bottom