Lowrider72 Presents Vacuum Sealing For Perfect Bud Storage

Lowrider72

Hey guys and gals!

Lowrider72 here with a tutorial on Vaccuum sealing Buds....the right way.

First of all, hit up amazon or ebay for one of these..... A cheap vaccuum food sealer, dont forget to get bags to suit.
I have had this one for years and comes in handy for keeping food fresh too....

Next we need a good strong coffee jar.
I use these glass Moccona jars with the plastic in the lid, they are perfect for getting a good vaccuum. Dont forget your roll of vaccuum bag!

Cut the Vaccuum bag, making sure thats its big enough to be sealed properly.
Double seal one end.
Like so.

Then place a full jar, (I just had an empty on hand to demonstrate orientation), in the bag.
Like so.

Then Vaccuum the bag with machine.
Like so.

The finished product should look like this...
Perfectly sealed and vaccuumed Buds.
The air is also removed from inside the jar, meaning the buds are preserved in perfect condition, exactly how you stored them.

Heres some 3-4 month old buds, Gelat Og, cured by burping the the jars, then using my Vaccuum sealing storage technique.

I hope thats a cheap, easy way for you to store your buds in Primo condition, recycle some coffee jars, and have a lil fun!

Ride Easy.....

Lowrider72.

i have the same set up but just seal the jar lid..i like your plan though..so do you burp your jars first before sealing ?
Heya Stoned, yeah do a decent 2- 3 week cold dry, then cut down to jar sized buds.
After that burp jars daily for 30 minutes for a week. Then every 2 days for 30 min for another week or two depending on enviroments rh.
Then vac seal them. After a month or so, its primo cured loveliness.

What's your rh when you seal them?
Does mold not grow due to the lack of air?
:passitleft:
Hey BobbyZ, rh is usually good after a good burping of jars so I dont sweat it too much.
Mould probably cant grow without air.
Since using CMH, I have not had a problem with mould, they have UVA and UVB output that helps thats its mould free before it gets to jarring.
I dont jar anything until I can smoke it easy. The burping and cure is where its at for the best quality, then storage is needed to maintain that.
No air enviroment, no degrading of buds.

Sounds like a good plan ... I have never had a mould problem after I caned it . Just have to be sure it’s dry enough. I go by if the stem snaps and the buds snap off it’s time to start jarring it

The funniest bit of this method is take the jar out the vac bag in private, then get a friend to try and take the lid off.
Hahaha.

The jar is under vaccuum, so its a shit to get the lid off. Encouragement in the form of ragging on their lack of muscle helps fuel the effort.... Lol
Laughs to be had.....

then get a friend to try and take the lid off
Wondering would it even need a lid (except for use when opened).

Would the lid fit inverted? Thinking w/o the seal would be easier to open and for the machine to suck out the air.

I gave some vac-packed cannabis to a friend and he bitched about it crushing the buds...never thought of doing the whole jar.
:cheer:

Hey Blew, I like the lid on, if the bag fails to hold vaccuum while you have it stored due to a nick or cut, the jar is still ok. Also sealing without lid may crush the jar opening, depending on vaccuum strength and jar strength.

Yeah crushed buds in vac pacs is why I tried this. Answer was in front of me the whole time...lol.
l posted the tute because its so simple you often overlook the obvious fix.

Hey Blew, I like the lid on, if the bag fails to hold vaccuum while you have it stored due to a nick or cut, the jar is still ok. Also sealing without lid may crush the jar opening, depending on vaccuum strength and jar strength.

Yeah crushed buds in vac pacs is why I tried this. Answer was in front of me the whole time...lol.
l posted the tute because its so simple you often overlook the obvious fix.
I tried it w/o a lid and the bag immediately sucked back into the jar, crushing the buds. I ended up using a lid, but not fully tightened. I'll keep an eye on them to make sure they retain vacuum. My concern was with the lid on securely the machine couldn't vacate the air in the jar. I also included a 62% 2-way pack.

Hey Blew, the coffee jars I use are push on , pull off. There is a plastic stopper sleeved over the inner glass of the lid that slots into the jar.... Douwe Egberts (dutch company) use these jars on their Moconna coffee range.
Can best see seal Im talking about on lid in that pic.

My jars must be under vaccuum otherwise the lids would open as normal. If you are using jars with screw on lids , I cant see them holding vac if lids need to be loose to get them to vac, as doon as vac is released they will pressurize.

Back
Top Bottom