Lowryder#2 Grow In Trouble!

Borban

hi, im growing Lowryder 2 fem's..under a 250 HPS in a closet with good vent/extract works done , and they are in trouble, by the pictures below you can see that im having yellow tips spreading into the whole leaf and killing them off, ive read up on it but cant seem to put my finger on the answer because there are so many case's that my symtoms fit.

so from the top, the two at the back are 13days older than the 2 at the front in this 1st picture, i fed the back 2 mir#### grow because its all i could get, so at 1st i thought i over fed and burned them even tho i mixed at 1/4 power from the box guidelines, then i moved onto spraying with epsom salts as i had read this was an answer to my symtoms but that doesnt seem to have any effect or maybe i done it wrong, 1table spoon per litre of water i mixed it at ??
the two at the front at time of this picture taken had taken no nuets at all just water and still the prob's happened so im thinking soil maybe ? or any help ?
sorry about poor quailty of pic's i took them far to high a res and destroyed them shrinking them to fit here so ill correct the camera first next time ..

full

the second image shows the first two still at the bar or left of the shot and the 13day behind at the right or front,.the 2nd 13 day behind died in re'poting :( my bad think the soil was too cold that i used ! regardless you can see that 1 of my older plants is not opening leafs at all but is still growing tall and still maken pistals like crazy so i dont know what to do with it !!
the 2nd of the older is still the best so far but its leafs are very bad yellow and crispy, but again still maken signs of budding cycles.
and you can see how the younger 1 is already going yellow with no nuet's??? and getting tall and skinny i think !

full

the 3rd pic then is just a close up of the yellow leafs i have,of which i have a lot, this 1 taken off the good older 1 .

full

any help or advice would be great ??
i know this prob is not good grounds for a grow journal but it might turn out to be a handy ref for someone in my spot like !

Re: Lowryder#2 Grow In Trouble !!

Really hard to tell under the HPS light. but looks like the big ones got nute burned. The small look deficient. You really need to get another kind of nute. Something like 12-6-6 or 8-4-4 for veg. What type of soil? MG too? with time released ferts built in?

FLush the plants. go find some nutes that are not MG. Check online for a local hydro store you can get too or just order some up. Check our sponsors.

hi, im growing Lowryder 2 fem's..under a 250 HPS in a closet with good vent/extract works done , and they are in trouble, by the pictures below you can see that im having yellow tips spreading into the whole leaf and killing them off, ive read up on it but cant seem to put my finger on the answer because there are so many case's that my symtoms fit.

so from the top, the two at the back are 13days older than the 2 at the front in this 1st picture, i fed the back 2 mir#### grow because its all i could get, so at 1st i thought i over fed and burned them even tho i mixed at 1/4 power from the box guidelines, then i moved onto spraying with epsom salts as i had read this was an answer to my symtoms but that doesnt seem to have any effect or maybe i done it wrong, 1table spoon per litre of water i mixed it at ??
the two at the front at time of this picture taken had taken no nuets at all just water and still the prob's happened so im thinking soil maybe ? or any help ?
sorry about poor quailty of pic's i took them far to high a res and destroyed them shrinking them to fit here so ill correct the camera first next time ..

full

the second image shows the first two still at the bar or left of the shot and the 13day behind at the right or front,.the 2nd 13 day behind died in re'poting :( my bad think the soil was too cold that i used ! regardless you can see that 1 of my older plants is not opening leafs at all but is still growing tall and still maken pistals like crazy so i dont know what to do with it !!
the 2nd of the older is still the best so far but its leafs are very bad yellow and crispy, but again still maken signs of budding cycles.
and you can see how the younger 1 is already going yellow with no nuet's??? and getting tall and skinny i think !

full

the 3rd pic then is just a close up of the yellow leafs i have,of which i have a lot, this 1 taken off the good older 1 .

full

any help or advice would be great ??
i know this prob is not good grounds for a grow journal but it might turn out to be a handy ref for someone in my spot like !

sounds like a ph problem

thanks a lot so far for the response..
as for McBuzz im not using MG soil no, thankfully, im using Westland with John Innes and i just got some Plagron nuet's..again it was the best i could get in the local shops, its called terra grow and is 3.1.3 but it recomends use everytime i water but i didnt, they got 1 feed on sat of it , the older got 5ml/per litre and the last standing young got half that dose..so again its up in the air. il get them out from under the HPS for the next picture and show u the bud sites,they are coming on strong so im wondering is all this bad leaf gona reck my bud whatever little i get off them now if they make it that far at all !!!

the small might look def because i didnt feed any nuets at all as a try out to see if yellow came,,which it did..the dose on sat might boost it now im hoping.
and ive been flushing for 1week and half before sat feed..
----
rc51sport my temps are about 28c to 31c max on a hot day outside...too hot do you think ?
and i water about every 2days,more if its hot outside,or if they need it in general, dry half way down finger in a few spots i try to judge by..
----
pan4gold49 i have begun spraying with water to remove salt but thanks, i figured the salts where not fixing the prob so i stop it u agree ??
and on drainage im not so sure, its a solid soil mix, no fills at all, tho i see water from the bottom of pots during flushing so it must be 50/50 im hoping..
----
brider do u mean ph of soil or water im using ? or do they both become 1 in the end anyway ??

thanks again every1 for ur help..ill post few more pics in a day or two

well after weeks of trying all sorts of things i had no choice today but to harvest one of the first planted ones.. it never really grew any more since my last post but i ran it through its bud cycle and it has produced some bud, the brown leafs mostly feel off and i removed as much as i could so bud size is well down from what it should be, its just been cut today so lets see how it drys,
the 2nd of the first planted has sprung back to life in the last 2weeks and its pistals are still very white and now getting longer so its almost like it stoped all growth to try recover and now is looking up,i fed it the Plagron Grow and now onto Plagron Bloom, the leafs are half size of what they should be by now but the are all health color with only very little burned tips on a small few leafs so im hoping this might come good and produce at least half its possible yeild, im thinking ill let it run another 2weeks by the looks of what stage i "think" its in now, its hard to tell as it should have been harvested today also but its far from looking ready to harvest.

the 3rd plant the newest planted is now doing what the above done a few weeks ago so im not sure what to do but do much like i did before to try restart life in it,

there is another plant from the bag my friend is growing,we both using the same set up and other strains like purple bud and northern soul have growing fine in our rooms, but he too had the same prob at the same time with the Lr2 with yellow/burned and dead veg but ironicly he kept feeding MG and it also sprung back to life full scale and he is due a very good yeild any day now too !!

at this point im near convinced it was our soils so ill try again with different soil, i also noticed when i cut the 1st today and pulled out the stump to see the root it either only grew about 2-3inchs into the pot, size of pot 10inchs with about 7inchs of the filled, or i broke the root when pulling it but it looked so square like that was the end of root, ill get better time to look later as i had to run ..maybe new pots next time round too will help !!
il post some pic's as they dry but it aint good :( keep da faith !!

Back
Top Bottom