Lowryder Dwarf Mix Closet Grow

whitewill

High to All and welcome to my journal. This is my 2nd go at a journal(1st one failed as my PC died) but I'm plan on finishing this one! This Time I'm using Joint Doctor Lowryder Dwarf Mix, that means there should be some "Lowryder" seeds, "Lowryder 2" seeds and "Diesel Ryder" seeds.

The Nutrients I'll be using are made by Bio-Bizz and they are organic, I'll be using Bio-Grow, Bio-Bloom, Top Max and Alg.A.Mic. My Soil is local and organic soil. The lights I will be using are 100watts of CFL and 70watts of HPS to start. I'm looking to get me a 400w HPS in a few weeks or so. So the Story so far.

I chose 6 seeds six from my 10 and put them in some warm water for 12 hours, by that time they had all cracked and the little tap root poking out. This was the 1st time that i have germinated this way as i normally put them straight into the growing medium. So I'm very pleased with the soaking method. Then i put them into a seed tray using local organic soil. This Morning all of them have broken through the top of the soil. You'll also notice that I'm growing other herbs too. It's cress that you can see in the pick, there also some thyme, chives etc in the seed tray.
P090309_12_41.JPG

P090309_12_41_01_.JPG

P090309_12_42.JPG

I'm still new to this, so all advice and criticism welcome

Stay High:passitleft:

Looks good. starting my own grow with the auto's Thats cool i have heard somthing good about soaking seeds. I will be watching your journal hoping you get lots of fems and great TOMATOS

High to all, Some pics. I think one of my babies is about to flat line. Not sure why, It seems like there was some gunk at the stem. I've removed it now. See how it looks in morning.

phpo15aqjPM.jpg

phpUBiMRVPM.jpg

P100309_22_08.JPG

Cheers Poke, Good luck with yours.

Peace Out :roorrip:

Poke, That would be the cress, goes very with my egg mayo sandwiches. i like to grow all my own herbs.

Unfortunately i had to pull the little on as it was a gonna, but other than that all is going well.

Well it's all about the flavor, the ability to make a OK dish into something out of this world, it's all about organic herbs.

So i have transplanted into small pots today. I've taken some pics but they haven't come out very well I'll take some more later.

I have a quick question regarding nutes. As there is no real veg stage, do i need to worry about giving them the grow nutes or go straight with bloom nutes?

Peace out :bong:

Yes you do need to worry about the grow nutes you can use for about 3 weeks.and further more i read an article about organic growing last night and he stated sorce is urban grower Q&A with lawrence brooke he states "Fundamental to the US ‘organic’ regulations is that purified ingredients cannot be used to make fertilizers, all ingredients need to be in their natural form…. with some exceptions passed for special interests. This has led to some ‘organic’ ingredients having high levels of ‘heavy metals’ and sometimes pathogenic organisms such as e coli and salmonella bacteria (this happens with mined ingredients and poorly composted materials that contain manures or other dead animal ingredients). If the poisons are removed, the product is no longer ‘organic’. I consider this completely absurd.

One positive note is that fertilizer regulations in many places now require manufacturers to have their products tested for ‘heavy metals’. This is a case where the rules provide the consumer some measure of protection from dangerous produce. I find that many state regulations for fertilizers are in fact very good rules offering the consumer assurance of product quality and consistency. Many of the state regulators I have worked with for years consider the ‘organic’ rules absurd. Nonetheless, rules are rules and regulators must apply the rules whether they like them or not, that’s their job. For more info see: Association of American Plant Food Control Officials Home

I’m in my 32nd year in this business and I take the word “organic” very seriously. I’ve worked very hard in the field of modern plant growing technologies, always from a scientific point of view. If ‘organic’ was always based on good science and consistently resulted in better and healthier produce, faster growth rates and higher yields, as well as less impact on soil and water, I would be much happier about the definitions"

hope this helps sorry for the length

I used fish emulsion with my LRs & LR2s.

Hi, Not to much to report. All appears to be going very well, Think i will give them there 1st dose of neuts, at 1/4 strength in the morning.

I've also decided that when pay day comes I'll be getting a 600watt hps but that wont be till the end of the month. here's a few more pics.

phpsE16vvPM.jpg
phpjdk5rFPM.jpg

phpInfieOPM.jpg
P180309_08_47_01_.JPG

Cheers Poke, Well they all seem to have responded well to there 1st feeding, there is already a really sweet smell in the room now when i go in there. Now for a pic update.

DSCI0002.JPG
DSCI0003.JPG

DSCI00051.JPG
DSCI0009.JPG

DSCI0013.JPG
DSCI0021.JPG

DSCI0024.JPG
DSCI00251.JPG

Stay High

:bong:

Hi to all, i think i might have a N problem the bottom set of leafs of this plant have started to turn yellow... Does any one have a different idea?
P230309_10_04_02_.JPG
P230309_10_05.JPG

Also one leaf on this plant has completely turned on it's side by 90 deg. do i need to worry about it?
P230309_10_04.JPG
P230309_10_02.JPG

And here's a few more pics

P230309_10_08.JPG
P230309_10_07_02_.JPG

P230309_10_07_01_.JPG
P230309_10_06_03_.JPG

P230309_10_06_01_.JPG
P230309_10_06.JPG

P230309_10_05_02_.JPG
P230309_10_05_01_.JPG

Stay High:smokin:

I thought I was the only one crazy enough to germinate all my herbs & maters together... nice looking plants... not sure about the yellowing... I'd guess it'd be nute burn this early.

my chronic plant had the same symptoms. i think the leaf twisting was from the incorrect ph of medium because a week later after i had been pooring ph adjusted water they quit twisting. so check ph of soil possibly? i also had yellowing of the bottom leaves, but as long as the new growth is healthy just let the plant do its thing or trim them off.what is the temp under that hps?

Um, I've only gave them one feeding so far, So I'll give them plain water next time. I can't check ph levels at the moment I'll have to hope that they will be fine till pay day, I have a shopping list of things I need and want. A ph test kit is on there. Temps are around 77f/25c. The top growth looks fine so will keep an eye on them yellowing. DBOY101 & obxgardener cheers for your thoughts:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

giving them nutes are fine, just make sure you balance the water after the nutrients are mixed. i aim for 5.8, this step is very important to the plants health. nutrient test kit or pens are a must have.

Back
Top Bottom