Lowryder Grow

Re: Setting Sun's second lowryder grow

Awesome grow SS!
I just started from the begining and followed it till the end,pretty nice harvest and nice looking buds for lowryder I think,and these were lowryder original,not #2 right?
They went for a long while,instead of the 8weeks ect they went 2 weeks longer,maybe more...they look awesome though!:)
From what I read the lowryder #2 gets a little bigger and better harvest but also read some reports of it not auto flowering,lol...oh well
I am reading up all I can so I can learn and ry and choose which auto to pick,so I can get up and growin again:D

Re: Setting Sun's second lowryder grow

thank you J4 ;)

These are some LR2's that I grew outdoors this past summer.

IMG_7084.JPG

IMG_7088.JPG

IMG_7102.JPG

IMG_7294.JPG

I finished them indoors for the last two weeks with HPS and CFL lights.

They were sprouted from a 5-pack of regular seeds, so I was really happy with 4/5 females. They turned out 12-16" tall.

Autos that don't auto seems to happen quite a bit, and it has to do with the autoflowering trait being recessive and requiring several crosses to stabilize, which requires a lot of diligence and work on the part of the breeder.

Consequently, there's lots of auto grows where the plants never auto and have to be flipped like regular photoperiod plants in oder to start flowering.

A couple of situations, I'm sure there's others, where I think autos shine are for outdoor stealth grows, and for an early harvest if there's a little extra room to throw a few in a veg area along with regular photoperiod plants.

If I just want to grow short and fast indoors, however, I think a better option is to just do a very short veg period on whatever strain you like, like these Pure Power Plant clones that I flipped to 12/12 at 5" tall.

IMG_8248.JPG

IMG_8244.JPG

They stretched to 9-10". I'm shooting for a final height of around 14-16", so next time I'll flip them at 7-8", and keep dialing things in from there.

Nowadays, there are dozens of auto strains, not just LR1 and LR2. Diesel, blueberry, haze, etc.

There's even "super autos", that grow larger and yield much more than the original lowryders.

I like having little side-grows going with different strains, because I get tired of smoking the same strain pretty quickly, and autos make it easy to grow a couple of oz's of something unique.

best wishes for your future harvests ;)

Back
Top Bottom