Lowryder Journal

Very well done skatter! We could all learn a thing or 2 from you. They seem to have done much better via hydro. Looking forward to the weigh in and review. Did you do any kind of flush, and were you're nutes organic?

vintner said:
Very well done skatter! We could all learn a thing or 2 from you. They seem to have done much better via hydro. Looking forward to the weigh in and review. Did you do any kind of flush, and were you're nutes organic?

Thanks Vintner. You're LR grow is what actually motivated me to grow this strain. I did a really late flush with pH 6 water. Nutes were a mix of organic and inorganic. I used Fox Farm's Tiger Bloom (organic) and Open Sesame for the early part of flowering and Beastie Bloomz for the middle to late part. There is a 3rd par to that additive combo, Cha Ching, that I did not use. They are all made by Fox Farm. The person at the hydro store said that they aren't organic, but being Fox Farm, they aren't very harsh either.

:peace:

Urdedpal said:
I think you might of harvested just a tad bit early bro but I have no experience with this strain.

You're probably right, man. I checked my log and yesterday was day 60, which is supposed to be when it comes down according to Joint Doctors, but my trichs were mostly cloudy, some clear. Almost no amber whatsoever. Do you think that played a part in my buds not lookin the way I want, or was it more an issue with my nute regimen?

Don't get me wrong, I'm cool with the grow, but I look at your buds, Ruks, NDW4M, MC's, GS, and so many other good growers on here and the buds look like they bodybuild for a living, with a few pistils protruding. Mine seem to be the other way around, more pistils than buds........and they look great...but I'm not settling for that.

Its only gonna make me study up, research and experiment more :cheesygrinsmiley:

yes skatter i hear yea, being my first grow, lookin at the buds grown on this site makes the buds around my city look like midgets or something lol im hoping i could get atleast one that hald as big as that vhs tape one. anyways i read tons of journels and it seems to me that you shoulda just went by the colors instead of days the shop said, you are in diff conditions but none the less smoke is smoke, how is she?

skatterbrayne said:
You're probably right, man. I checked my log and yesterday was day 60, which is supposed to be when it comes down according to Joint Doctors, but my trichs were mostly cloudy, some clear. Almost no amber whatsoever. Do you think that played a part in my buds not lookin the way I want, or was it more an issue with my nute regimen?

Don't get me wrong, I'm cool with the grow, but I look at your buds, Ruks, NDW4M, MC's, GS, and so many other good growers on here and the buds look like they bodybuild for a living, with a few pistils protruding. Mine seem to be the other way around, more pistils than buds........and they look great...but I'm not settling for that.

Its only gonna make me study up, research and experiment more :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think it had more to do with the strain you are dealing with, its one of the best LRs I have seen on this site. As for nutes, I rather go a lil light than too heavy, you learn the nutes in your first and second grow. By the time you are on the third, you pretty much know just how far you can go with the nutes. I burned many of plants, some on purpose to find what its threshold for nute strengh.
I do know that a lot of plants start to swell in the buds when they reach full ripeness. You learn this too with patience and experience bro. Everybody harvests early on their 1st and 2nd grows but the better growers learn to wait. Ever notice you don't see any pics that are over ripe?

Dang Skatterbrayne! Awesome grow. Much respect - looks nice and dense.. and density is not what LR's are know for, so that speaks volumes about your high level of skill. Good Job! :adore:

In my experience "Hairy" weed tends to be a sativa trait, and is a good indicator that a longer-than-average flowering time is necessary. (average being 8 weeks/60 days)

My last crop was crazy hairy - could'a put hippy beads on the buds it was so bad. I pulled them at 8 weeks (had some hermy issues) and it was waaay under-done.

Peace
MC
:peace: :Rasta: :smokin:

Urdedpal said:
I think it had more to do with the strain you are dealing with, its one of the best LRs I have seen on this site. As for nutes, I rather go a lil light than too heavy, you learn the nutes in your first and second grow. By the time you are on the third, you pretty much know just how far you can go with the nutes. I burned many of plants, some on purpose to find what its threshold for nute strengh.
I do know that a lot of plants start to swell in the buds when they reach full ripeness. You learn this too with patience and experience bro. Everybody harvests early on their 1st and 2nd grows but the better growers learn to wait. Ever notice you don't see any pics that are over ripe?

Word. Point taken and good advice. Makes a lot of sense.

MC, Spliff, Urd, Rds and everyone else who tuned in, thanks for the encouragement. I'll apply that knowledge in my current and future grows for sure.

Weigh-in as well as the pre-lim taste test will post tomorrow, folks. I'll post again once it's cured for a couple of weeks as well.

Peace

Just a final update...The Lowryder is now in air tight jars and will cure for the next couple of weeks. I am constantly taking samples though. The final weighin after letting it dry to the point of curing was 20.8grams.

So far the smoke has been a clean, pine/citrus like taste. I could see someone saying lemon. But to me that's moreso the aroma. Like lemon pledge. Everyone was right about the high. Not a showstopper by any means. But a good clean high that doesn't bog you down at all. It leaves rather quickly in my opinion though, but then this is pre cure as well.

Thanks everyone.

:peace:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us brother!...

I'm moving this to completed journals now...

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?...

If so, please start one here Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world...

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom