Lowryder Purple Jems

Yeah jwb87, there is a 5 gallon bucket setup that I remember seeing that I wanted to try. I'll have to find it again. The pc case is a good idea. People are dumping those all of the time. Just gut it, add some reflective and a couple of cfls and it should be good. You could use the existing fan in the case as well.

Have you got to try your girls yet? JW about a possible smoke review? Still undecided about a lowryder strain. Also seeing great reviews about the blue himalayan diesel, but your PJ for the smell is a good idea as well!

Unfortunately not. All of the beans that have germinated have been male so far. I have 1 more, the PJ#4 that isn't quite mature enough yet to show sex. Hopefully it's a girl.

Ya, hopefully :goodluck::cheer: Im looking to buy a pack of fem seeds for my first grow, just not 100% sure which autoflowering lowryder strain to choose, so many decisions!! Cant really go wrong but I wanna blow the doors off the shit my girlfriend calls "MJ!" haha

I hear ya there. Basically why I started growing. Most of what you grow will blow the random shit out of the water. Just care for your ladies and you will be rewarded handsomely :rollit:
Well, to help you out with that part, I usually use the process of elimination technique. Make a list of the strains I'm interested in, then narrow them down by the various factors I am looking for. Whether it be taste, thc content, height, etc. And also, start out with an easy strain as well. You don't necessarily need the most expensive beans, just a proven strain. Hope that helps.

Good points, because of stealth it kind of limits me as far as stink, I'd love to go with some sativa for the energetic high versus the indica couchlock

Well I'm not sure what your height limitations are, but here is one I will have to suggest for you: Paradise Seeds Automaria II Feminized. I was trolling over some strain choices to help you out, and found these. Reasons being that it's a fast auto, predominately sativa, and because she gets a little larger than the dwarf variety, you'll get a higher yield. She is still a short plant, not reaching 2'. To keep her shorter, you could use the LST technique and as far as odor, she shouldn't be anything 1 ona block (I'm a fan of the Linen scent) can't take care of. Just a thought for you. I might actually look into these myself, but then again, I already have auto pollen, and a rocking sativa germinating right now :rollit:

Just a quick update.

After losing PJ#3 to 18 day flowering, I have decided that he will most likely be my pollen donor. He flowered much quicker than the other males. I also decided to employ a little LST on PJ#4 and the Taiga. We'll wee what happens. The PK has finished her first official week of flowering after the mishap. She's looking good with a few pistils starting to emerge. I'll try and get some pics up later.

Awesome! Im restricted to roughly 3' after the DWC res will be in there, so should be fine. Im planning to build a little ONA bucket and just leave it in the cab. But thanks again for the strain rec!! Do you have good results from paradise seeds, hows it show up on your CC?

They should clear that just fine with room to spare. They'll get a little bigger than the dwarfs, but more yield as well. I figured it would be one you liked. It's honestly the heaviest sativa auto from what I've read so far. Everyone else loves the indica, but I definitely love the sative. Paradise seeds was hailed as one of the top companies to purchase genetics from by 1 review. Just search: Paradise Seed Bank Review. It will show up as 1 of the first reviews by a magazine publication I won't mention. I have never ordered their beans, but don't get me wrong, I still want some Spoetnik from them, along with a few others lol. As long as you order from the Tude, I can tell you everything is goooood, even on the cc. Opt for stealth. There are other sponsors I have used as well, but the Tude gets it done right the first time.

And thanks for the link. Very similar to what I saw before, and I like this one better. Smaller form factor.

Awesome, my amazon order form is filling up haha. And thank YOU for the strain review (surprised that Tude only gave them a 3 star review), I think Ive found my first, O Im so happy!! :thanks:

O ya, Tude has them for $2 cheaper for the 5 pack of fems btw!

Well I here she is in all of her glory:

PK

Day 8 of Flower

7641.jpg

Left Side
7661.jpg

Right Side
7671.jpg

7651.jpg

7701.jpg

7691.jpg

7681.jpg

Now for the problem. A lot of the leaves have had leaf tips turning down. Now a few tips started this. Any ideas as to what the problem is?

7721.jpg

I was also thinking of pruning some of the leaves off. Any thoughts?

Happy 4/20 plant looks amazingly healthy and happy.
The most common cause of marijuana leaf cupping aka leaf margin rolling, leaf margin burn, and leaf tip curl/burn is overzealous use of marijuana plant food. In relationship to factors such as marijuana plant vigor and rate of growth. Leaf burn is often the very first sign of too much marijuana fertilizer.
A hard, crispy feel to the marijuana leaf frequently occurs as well, as opposed to a soft and cool feel of a happy pot leaf. Back off on the amount and/or frequency of using marijuana fertilizer. :thumb:

If you want a really good nondwarf variety of lowryder I highly recommend the World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryder. I just harvested mine and it grew to a good size for an auto. Also had a very thick and danky top bud. I was pretty surprised at the yields and potency for an auto variety.

Thanks for the info and tips guys, and Happy 420 :party:.
I figured it was minor nute burn, but wasn't sure. That would make sense with the introduction of FFTB. I didn't even use 1/2 strength, and haven't been able to on any plant I've grown. Think I'll eliminate it altogether now and just use the BB and OS for the feeding next week.

Growing247, I'll have to look into those. Thanks for the heads up.

On another note, the Taiga has a few pistils that have emerged. The only way I noticed them was by adjusting the paperclip holding her back

Back
Top Bottom