LSD - White Rhino - Venice Beach Afghan - 600 Watt HPS - Soil Grow!

I asked you a question regarding how you come up with an NPK ratio of 1-2-3 for your flowering recipe in your other journal, cause that makes no sense at all!

**edit** "sas" should be tranplant lol.. i just read that now in my first reply on this journal!!

Also, I explained what i meant by "ratio" in my other journal. Im glad to have you here GTJ! I think im going to scrap two of the clones and transplant the other two tonight.

Less plants will equal more buds brother!! You've seen the plants i'm chopping.. they each get their own 600w light and i'm easily averaging 8-10zips a plant, and its only getting larger each harvest. If you constrict your plants and pack them in tightly, you'll only be focusing the light energy on the highest parts of the canopy, leaving the sides of the plant to suffer branches will grow through the middle of the plant to reach the canopy and you'll have skinny ass plants with no girth to them..

Your LSD in your other journal needed to be spread out more using the scrog, as it basically grew straight up and threw the screen. i was counting about 10 nice colas, and an army of small little buds at about the screen level.

Everything looks amazing man, and the next thing you need is to get some more space! At least a 4x4 area for that 600w, and you'll be pulling in huge harvests!

Less plants will equal more buds brother!! You've seen the plants i'm chopping.. they each get their own 600w light and i'm easily averaging 8-10zips a plant, and its only getting larger each harvest. If you constrict your plants and pack them in tightly, you'll only be focusing the light energy on the highest parts of the canopy, leaving the sides of the plant to suffer branches will grow through the middle of the plant to reach the canopy and you'll have skinny ass plants with no girth to them..

Your LSD in your other journal needed to be spread out more using the scrog, as it basically grew straight up and threw the screen. i was counting about 10 nice colas, and an army of small little buds at about the screen level.

Everything looks amazing man, and the next thing you need is to get some more space! At least a 4x4 area for that 600w, and you'll be pulling in huge harvests!

Thanks! Yes i was going to scrap the LSD mother but decided to flower her and just let her grow. The screen is just for support because she is so tall and support for the colas. You are correct they are 10 nice colas and a bunch of smaller colas right at the support net. I didnt do any training or defoliation on her. This newest grow will be scrogged... hopefully haha...

I think im going to do 3 total plants in my 3x5 area with the 600 watt. I might only keep one of these LSD clones and then the WR and Afghan.

The white rhino and afghan got transplanted to 7 gallon pots. I transplanted one LSD clone to a 5 gallon pot and added bulbs for a total of 10 to the veg room. I scraped 3 of the LSD clones... No room for em! Like GTJ said they were very spaced out and i wasnt happen with them any way. I will be flowering the 3 in a few weeks! Stay tuned!

Welcome Whadusay! Glad you are here and bumped the thread as i needed to do an update! A lot of changes has been made. We are actually down to only two plants for this grow. The white Rhino and Afghan. I have placed a SCROG over these two girls and have been training them a week. Pics later! Vegging will go for at least another 2 weeks before flower.

The white rhino is growing kinda weird lol.. The stalks are so thick and fans so big. I have added a lot more light and the scrog is now helping spread it out! Its starting to grow very well now. The afghan has always been bigger and more vigorous. Ill show ya in the pictures later.

Its been almost two months since the seeds popped. I usually only have to veg for 45 days but i had very little light on them trying to wait for my flowering girl to finish. Oh well they are back on track with a lot of light now! Growing great.

Hi HunterNitro, how's it going?
Garden looking good bro, and I have a question. How ofter are you watering your plant? I have been thinking about reducing the number of plants in my garden in the next run to 6, in 7 gallon, but I use coco. I will try a little experiment starting the clones in a 1gallon pot with soil, grow big enough and then transplant to Coco & Perlite mix and flower. I want to that hoping that plant in grow with more close internodes since the root base is in soil and I can also keep a good amount of living bennies for long, as I am always brewing my teas. What do you think? Have you done anything similar?
Peace

The Little Amazon Welcomes All Visitors!

Hi HunterNitro, how's it going?
Garden looking good bro, and I have a question. How ofter are you watering your plant? I have been thinking about reducing the number of plants in my garden in the next run to 6, in 7 gallon, but I use coco. I will try a little experiment starting the clones in a 1gallon pot with soil, grow big enough and then transplant to Coco & Perlite mix and flower. I want to that hoping that plant in grow with more close internodes since the root base is in soil and I can also keep a good amount of living bennies for long, as I am always brewing my teas. What do you think? Have you done anything similar?
Peace

The Little Amazon Welcomes All Visitors!

Welcome TH3K3YK33P3R! To answer your question it really depends. While in veg they have to be watered way less. This is my first time using the 7 gallon pots and so far about once a week. But that will change when they get bigger and start flowering.

My 5 gallon pots in flower get watered from every day to 3 days max before they are dry. This LSD single plant grow thats almost done got watered every day in weeks 3-6 in a 5 gallon pot. Thats the reason i upgraded to the 7 gallon so i can wait longer before watering... Hopefully.

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know if you have any questions. Come check out my LSD grow as well as its almsot harvest time! =)

Hey buddy! Glad to see you back. I actually hardly ever get on anymore. Things are great in my world. Hope all is well in yours! Stay medicated my friend!

To keep this thread going I will update it. Sorry for the lack of updates. Decided to keep only two plants and SCROG them. White Rhino and Venice beach. They are 1 week in flower now. I will try and get pics!

Update 10 days in flower!

Welcome everyone! Glad to see some new faces here. I removed the one LSD clone becuase I was not happy with nodes on it. I deprived it from light which made it lanky. A two plant SCROG is kinda my fav grow style anyway. Boy am i glad i scrapped that one plant! You can see in the pictures why lol... This closet is packed. Im finally finding a good pace and a style i like. Kind of set and forget except for watering and feeding of course!

I am for sure loving the 7 gallon pots!!!! The only reason being i dont have to water but every 4th day and could even go 5 im sure. The 5 gallon pot i was watering every 1-2 days. Mid flower im sure my watering time will go down to at least every 3 days. So far they are doing great!

In the pictures you can see that i let them grow upwards as soon as i flipped to flower instead of tucking for the 2 week stretch. I do this and perfer this because when i tucked for the 2 week stretch a lot of my buds were growing and smashed in the net. I did not like that so i grow like this now in a SCROG. This produces big straight colas above the net. Support is sometimes needed once they start getting heavy.

The venice beach afghan has been the star in this grow. As you can see in the pictures the Afghan (ON THE RIGHT) is a little bigger and is growing faster than the white rhino. White rhino grew weird nodes and was a very stiff stalk plant. She has a odor that you cant ignore though haha... Training went pretty good in the scrog and overall im happy with both plants.

I took 6 clones of White R and 6 clones of Afghan and all 12 rooted. I took the stronges 3 of each strain and now have 3 WR and 3 Afghan clones. I will then take the strongest 2 for my next grow. I may mix them again or do two of the same strain. Ill decide when i see the growth.

I have started the GH Flora series nute line and i must say im really loving it. A lot better pH balanced than the Botanicare KIND line. Although it does seem i have to mix more mL to acheive the same PPM. I think the botanicare is less diluted which would mean more nutes for the same size. So far im happy with my switch to GH flora series though.

Also, For those of you thinking about HPS and think your space is to small. This is a 4.5 X 2.5 x 7 closet and with my cooltube 600 it runs 3 degreees hotter below the cannopy and 6 degrees at the cannopy beside the light! I love my HPS and its the best decision for my grow that i have made.

03181501.jpg
03181502.jpg
03181503.jpg

Awesome update Hunter, those ladies are lookin beautiful.

You certainly are the king of two plant scrogs. Can't wait to see how these colas compare to those of your Papaya Scrog, becuase in my opinion that canopy and those buds were stunning :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Max! My papaya SCROG was pretty! But looks sometimes can be deceiving! The top buds were nice but there was a lot of undeveloped mashed colas that the pictures didnt show. My LSD colas were the best ive ever grown and were the size of my forearm after drying. All if them... The quality was unbelievable! So im trying to incorporate a SCROG canopy with big tall colas! We will see how it works. No matter what you do, 1 gram per actual watt is the MAX you will ever get with any light or any situation. With my big two plant scrogs like this I really need a 1000 watt im thinking to maximize my colas. The reason my LSD colas got so big im thinking is because it was only one plant and not two. I will see how this run goes and may make the decision to upgrade if needed. I would love two 600 watts but my space doesnt allow that =(

Stay tuned!

Update! Day 17 since 12/12

Things are looking so good i thought I would update! I am loving these 7 gallon pots! Watering only every 3-4 days is a lot better than every day like my 5 gallon pot lol.

Feeding has been going good and have been feeding with around 1400ppm nutrient solution and 3 days later i water with mainly water with some nutrients that usually equal around 500 ppm. Im watering with the Kool Bloom every time they get watered or fed. I love this stuff.

The lower fan leaves are naturally falling off. No need to defoliate and i dont think i will ever defoliate again. Im seeing wayyyy more growth without cutting anything off. These colas are growing so fast and are super healthy. I am however cutting a few small lower colas or new colas that are popping out here and their. They would never be anything any way and that energy can be used up top. These girls have many many tops!!! Im looking to have a nice harvest from these two girls.

This room is FULL! =) Check out the pics! These colas are only 16 days from 12/12 switch..... HPS all the way.. Pictures are worth a thousand words..... This is also the 3rd grow on this bulb.... I will be changing it after this grow is over.

03261501.jpg
03261502.jpg
03261503.jpg

Lookin good Hunter! Nice chunky white pistils, those are some pretty women you keep in your closet :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

About how many inches above the net is your canopy at this point? I would imagine that Afghan has a little more stretch in her, which could be why you mentioned it was bigger and a faster grower than the White Rhino :cheesygrinsmiley: My Warlock was a Afghan cross and it stretched for over three weeks, I was happily surprised :cheesygrinsmiley:

Like I said, beautiful plants man, cant wait to see the monster Colas you get this time around!

Measured lights on Max! 20 inches right now. The stretch is pretty much over at this point. Yes you are correct the afghan did stretch a little more! But the White Rhino is sticking right there beside it. The Afghan has more tops and just grew better all around... I have 3 of each strain rooted clones and for my next grow im leaning towards just growing 2 of the afghan and scrapping the White Rhino's

Wow I just touched one of the small sugar leaves with trichomes on the afghan and OMG... This is the best smell ever... Its the best piney sweet dank smell ever. Im getting super excited now that these buds are forming! Cant wait! I wished we could do smells and taste test over this forum!!!
:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom