LSD - White Rhino - Venice Beach Afghan - 600 Watt HPS - Soil Grow!

Wanted to let everyone know I just ordered a 8oz container of Recharge! I have been out of my aquashield for over a month now. Was going to get GH sub B and M but recharge is better and has more benefits all in one! Cant wait to drench my root with some Beneficial Bacteria and Mycorrrhizae & Trichoderma fungi!!! It will be here tomorrow!

Also, My clones are doing great! I now have 3 Afghan, 1 White rhino, and 1 LSD clone. I will see how they grow and will pick the strongest two to flower under a SCROG for my next grow.

Update! Day 30 12/12!! 4 Weeks Flowering!

Everything is going AMAZING!! Rapid growth and the buds are growing so well! kinda wished I had a 1000 Watt in my room now haha...

*Mistake* I installed another intake vent yesterday and checked it on the outside for light leaks and it was perfect... Today before lights on I opened my room that is flowering just for a double check and i could see a light leak coming into my flower room... BIG MISTAKE on my part... I hope that just this one 12 hour time doesn't effect the grow.. They are looking way to good to mess up now. Needless to say i have fixed the light leak completely. On a side note it was on the very bottom of the room.

This recharge is just amazing... I have applied it to my next grow clones and the roots are going CRAZY! So white and the growth is like 5 times better. I had to re-pot them in just 5 days...

Check the two girls out! They are prettttty!

040804.jpg
040801.jpg
040802.jpg
040803.jpg

Update!

Thanks for subbing and hanging in this thread guys! I have some pretty sad news on the journals and my 420 activity.. I will be closing this journal and I wont be coming back to reply on 420 magazine anymore. There is only a handful of people subbed to the journal anyway.

I want to give thanks to all the people that helped me and gave me the knowledge they did. Its been a great experience here but its time for me to move on.. This site has way to many sponsored members that push products that dont work that they got for free.

Im sick and tired of the LED trend and members thinking LED's are good to grow with just because these sponsored members have them... If you want to waste your money, waste 4 months, and get shitty yields then go ahead... I thrive to do the best in anything I do and any new member that is reading this from my limited experience I can already tell you HID is superior.

No hard feelings to any LED growers just the ones that are pushing a shitty product and know they are.

There... My LED rant is over... HAHA

Max, You are one of my buddies on 420. Do me a favor sometime in your growing career purchase at least a 600 HPS. I know you will do so well on your outdoor grow because you are such a great grower its just those LED's are holding you back. Ive been trying to get you to get a HPS since day one LOL.... Keep up the great work buddy.

Im out guys! This journal will be closed. Happy growing and stay medicated.

Well man, it sucks to see you go, but I understand. I'm going to send you a PM, I hope you get it before you leave 420 for good.

Be well my friend.

Sorry guys for my rant. Im not leaving this site yet as im not going to let someone get me angry and leave a great community. I will stay here and educate people on HPS instead of leaving them and try and help when I can. I have some new ideas and new growing methods that I am tweaking. Stay tuned! I will try and post some pics in the next couple of days. The Afghan and WR are getting big! I will give a break down of whats going on!

Thanks for being a good friend on here Max and sticking with me on my journals!

Sorry guys for my rant. Im not leaving this site yet as im not going to let someone get me angry and leave a great community. I will stay here and educate people on HPS instead of leaving them and try and help when I can. I have some new ideas and new growing methods that I am tweaking. Stay tuned! I will try and post some pics in the next couple of days. The Afghan and WR are getting big! I will give a break down of whats going on!

Thanks for being a good friend on here Max and sticking with me on my journals!

Hey hey hey!!!!! I know you wouldn't leave me!! :rofl:

Seriously though, glad you're back man. Can't wait to see what you ave in the works for all of us, I can always count on gettin' schooled when I pop over to this Journal, literally learn something new every time. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And yeah man no worries, you're a good grower and your passionate about it. I like that, so I like you. I'm sorry I am one of the LED Lame-Asses :rofl: I promise I will invest in an HPS at some point, I can't say I'm experienced if I haven't even tried the most tried and true light for growing!

Thanks guys for the motivation! I love to help to much to leave. (LED Lame-Asses) i like that LOL!

Update! 38 days in flower.

Ok everyone! We are on the downhill side of things now! Hopefully... lol. Ive been thinking of a lot of things and new ideas and things I want to change. Pretty simple stuff but just changing my grow a little. On my next grows I will be doing one plant per 600 watt HPS.. No more two plants on one light. For me its not efficient and it doesn't make sense for me to try and flower two plants with only one 600 watt. The way I see it is the MAX weight i will have is 600 grams from the 600 watts no matter if its 10 plants or just one. So why waste nutes and soil and time with more than one plant when just one plant will give me the 600 grams im seeking! Plus why not have one plant with MONSTER colas and very easy to trim than little popcorn buds from two plants!

So guess what my next grow will be!?!?! You got it! Two plants X two 600 watt HPS's! Im going for a 1200 gram (42 ounce) harvest next go round! Next grow up will be two Venice Beach Afghan clones that I already have vegging! (Pics down below!) Im going after leg sized colas! I will only have around 10 tops or so per plant per light! I want them bigger than milk jugs! I will post the link when i start that journal.

Current grow update: Everything is going as good as it can. The reason I have decided to do one plant per 600 watt is because im not happy with the size of colas from two plants under a 600 watt. LSD taught me how awesome those monster colas are with a one plant grow. There is not enough wattage (for me) to grow two plants under. Right now I can already tell these two plants are going to easily hit the 600 gram limit the light is capable of but this puts extra work on me as I have a BUNCH of colas to trim. I'm a kind of guy that wants the highest yield, most efficient, and least amount of work possible. Two plants in a scrog needs either two 600 watts or a 1000 watt HPS. I like my 600 watts though because of the draw per light.

Earthworm casting are working good! Thanks Max! I just top dressed and watered.

I have been using recharge on my plants and OMG is all i can say. If you dont have it or a product close to it you should get it! The roots EXPLODE. It took 3 days to repot from my smaller containers to my 1-2 gallon containers. Then only 7 days to have to repot to the final 7 gallon smart pots! Crazy growth. And now that i have a 600 watt mH cooltube and bulb the growth is unbelievable.

Also I am going to start using silica. I havent decided on the company to go with yet. Any suggestions or anyone using silica right now?

Check out the pics! A couple buds are falling over I forgot to put my 2nd net up lol.. Its ok though because its so packed they are still upright.

The smell is amazing and very different on both these strains! I like the Venice Beach Afghan best though.

041601.jpg
041602.jpg
041603.jpg
041604.jpg

So Frosty!!

041605.jpg

Before the transplant!

041606.jpg

After!

041607.jpg

Subscribed HunterNitro, saw your post on GTJ's journal and followed you over. Last page starts out "I have some pretty sad news" well, I'm glad your staying HunterNitro. I've been here about as long as you but haven't grown as of yet, still looking for the right place to move to. I started following The Capn & S1ingblade, after they left I followed GTJ. Since I saw you use HID's it was a no brainer to get my butt over here. I am going back the start and get caught up. Thanks for being here and teaching anybody that is willing to learn (and I am). Also, I plan on starting with a 1000w for 4 plants to get my feet wet just in case I kill a plant or two. After I get use to growing I plan on doing 1 plant with a 600w much like you are going to do. I was reading an article in HT mag and "Dan" was talking about LED's vs HID's, I think you can guess which one a true grower chose. He did say you can supplement with LEDs. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Your babies are looking great HunterNitro. :adore:

12/13/14 Seeds Popping

121501.png

Venice Beach Afghan

121502.png

White Rhino

121503.png

LSD Clones.

121504.png

Hey HunterNitro, when you planted your taproots in the Rockwool did you cover the seed with Rockwool or just put it in like I see in the pictures?

Thanks for subbing and welcome! I dont have to many friends here as I like to say what I believe in... and well most here dont agree with me LOL.. A 1000 watt will SURE do the trick hehe. If you will have a small space like me I would recommend the cooltube version. The 600 watts work perfect as well and will be great for one plant. The type of buds I like growing anything more than one plant on a 600 watt is a little to much. Dont get me wrong I have some FAT resinous buds on this grow but I like them BIGGER. If I can reach both my hands around a bud and touch my fingers then the bud is not big enough hehe =)

To answer you question I always pinch a small corner off the rockwool and place it in the hole on top gently to just cover it up from light. Once I see the seed popping through or right at the top i take it off. Check out this photo and look at the corner of the rockwool you can see where I pinched it off:

121501.png

Any more questions please ask away!

That's a bad a$$ idea HunterNitro, I'm going to save that to my Favorites. I'm on here for 1 hour and you give me 1 idea that I've been searching all over for, everyone has different ways or just don't show how they do it because they think everybody already knows.
Did you have a chance to follow The Capn or s1ingblade? They both grow in Rockwool, top feed, recirculate. The Capn grows monster Colas like you are going to do. This will be fun to watch.

Awesome man! If i can help one time a day im happy! I never got to comment and talk with either capn or sling... I have seen there work and its amazing. Thats why I followed GTJ on his journals as he grew the same way and always perfecting things. I love there top feed systems and really wanting to try them! I may have to make a setup here very soon and change a grow over to the top feed recirculating. I like the style and the growth! Its amazing.

Hey HunterNitro, I have a few things from GTJ in my blog, please check it out. I plan on growing The Capn style (1 plant sitting on a 15 gal tote, recirculating, in Rockwool, under a 600w HID) but at first I'm going to use s1ingblades method (4 plants in a 4'x4' tray, top feed, recirculating, in Rockwool, under a 1000w HID). This will help me pick the plants I want to make seeds from.

A late subber Hunter. Checked out your last grow, and this one - your doing a helluva job at producing the good stuff !

Thanks Regor!! Welcome. I was going to do a picture update tonight you are just in time!

Update time!!
Everything is going great guys! I have been stringing up some buds. They are falling over everywhere! So fat hehe. You should see the veg room. My two clones have exploded!

Here are the two flowering girls! We are on the end stretch now. Plain water for the next two weeks starting tomorrow. They are about two weeks from harvest. They are so frosty and the smell is so different between these two. They are both amazing! So sticky!

042901.jpg
042902.jpg
042903.jpg
042904.jpg

Back
Top Bottom