LSD - White Rhino - Venice Beach Afghan - 600 Watt HPS - Soil Grow!

Drop dead gorgeous nugs Hunter. Simply beautiful.

I will definitely be investing in an HPS grow light come fall. Can't wait to finish up my current grow cycle so I can shut the tent down and move outside for the summer, and when I come back, MaxYields goes HPS :cheesygrinsmiley: with supplemental LED... if it's not to disrespectful to the HID :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Anyways, you are an awesome grower and your plants command respect. Keep up the awesome work man, another bountiful harvest inbound.

Drop dead gorgeous nugs Hunter. Simply beautiful.

I will definitely be investing in an HPS grow light come fall. Can't wait to finish up my current grow cycle so I can shut the tent down and move outside for the summer, and when I come back, MaxYields goes HPS :cheesygrinsmiley: with supplemental LED... if it's not to disrespectful to the HID :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Anyways, you are an awesome grower and your plants command respect. Keep up the awesome work man, another bountiful harvest inbound.

Thnaks so much Max! And awesome I cant wait to see your indoor harvest with an HPS and with LED lighting as well I know you will do very very well!

Did you turn the temp down Hunter?... its awfully frosty in here ;) :volcano-smiley:

Hahaha, Thanks Growlow!

Update!

Im sick and tired of the LED trend and members thinking LED's are good to grow with just because these sponsored members have them... If you want to waste your money, waste 4 months, and get shitty yields then go ahead... I thrive to do the best in anything I do and any new member that is reading this from my limited experience I can already tell you HID is superior.

No hard feelings to any LED growers just the ones that are pushing a shitty product and know they are.

There... My LED rant is over... HAHA

I have not drank the cool aide yet.

LED's seem so expensive. Also most good LED's need to be 24" to 30" and I have a limited grow height.
I already had an exhaust fan for my CFL's. SO... I took the plunge and I am upgrading from CFL to HPS "the gold standard" of growing.

I just purchased a 600w digital dimmable (75%, 50%) HPS. More flexibility for me considering I need to figure out light distance and heat production/cooling in my odd shaped closet.

I think everyone has to do what they want to do and what works for them. CFL's, HPS or LED's, we all have the same objective which is to grow the best weed we can using the equipment that we can afford.

I am considering buying a 90w LED bloom booster to supplement my HPS. I just can't seem to pull the trigger on that purchase yet.

**You have some great looking buds there! Just do what works for you :) and keep an open mind to others.

:Namaste:

Thanks Regor!! Welcome. I was going to do a picture update tonight you are just in time!

Update time!!
Everything is going great guys! I have been stringing up some buds. They are falling over everywhere! So fat hehe.
042901.jpg

Those look perfect! How close to harvest?

:thumb:

Thanks! Flushing for the past week and a half? The harvest will be this weekend. I have about 5% amber. Hoping by the weekend they will be around 10-15% amber. They are coming down regardless as I have two more to start flowering as soon as they are out.

Oh NOO!!! To much flushing! Bud rot spotted on the White Rhino. It was on the biggest WR cola. I cut it last night as soon as I saw it. It got estimated about 7 grams. The rest of the cola has been cut to small buds so it can dry faster. These girls are coming down tonight!

I squeezed the buds that had the rot and it just dripped with water. Im almost certain its from my flushing. I have gave them constant water everyday trying to flush these big 7 gallon pots. Lesson learned!!!! Bud wash and harvest today! This afghan is amazing. Im so glad im growing two next grow.

Whew!! What a harvest! Pics to come but im sure I have met my 600 gram goal with this 600 watt HPS. Afghan yielded the most and is the best looking buds. I was disapointed with the White Rhino from the start. It just didnt grow right. Got some big buds off her as well though! Afghan smells and looks better though.

Nice to see another member still using HPS. Not too many journals running them these days :)

Defiantly few and far between. I still run 600w eye hortilux hps aswell. Thinking about picking up a cool tube for it. Well see how the temps treat me this summer. Congrats on the harvest Hunter. Can't wait for the pics.

Whew!! What a harvest! Pics to come but im sure I have met my 600 gram goal with this 600 watt HPS. Afghan yielded the most and is the best looking buds. I was disapointed with the White Rhino from the start. It just didnt grow right. Got some big buds off her as well though! Afghan smells and looks better though.

Outstanding harvest HunterNitro, I'm looking forward to those Harvest pictures.

Do you know of any body getting 1gram per watt with LEDs?

I'm going to head over to the other HPS growers and check out their grows.

Update! Day 30 12/12!! 4 Weeks Flowering!
*Mistake* I installed another intake vent yesterday and checked it on the outside for light leaks and it was perfect...

Just curious. What size exhaust verses intake?

Also in pigeons thread you mentioned using a pump to remove run-off water after feeding/watering from the tub/basin that your plants sit in. What exactly is the pump you use?

Thanks

Sorry guys for my rant. Im not leaving this site yet as im not going to let someone get me angry and leave a great community. I will stay here and educate people on HPS instead of leaving them and try and help when I can. I have some new ideas and new growing methods that I am tweaking. Stay tuned! I will try and post some pics in the next couple of days. The Afghan and WR are getting big! I will give a break down of whats going on!

Thanks for being a good friend on here Max and sticking with me on my journals!

Don't leave. I am not done reading your journal :)

Just curious. What size exhaust verses intake?

Also in pigeons thread you mentioned using a pump to remove run-off water after feeding/watering from the tub/basin that your plants sit in. What exactly is the pump you use?

Thanks

Scarfinger, I have two 4 inch intakes, one going to one closet and one going to the other. I have one 6 inch inline fan and ducting that pulls from the last closet through a carbon filter and pulls the air through the ducting into each closet. Since summer is approaching im thinking about installing two 4 inch intake fans to feed each closet at a higher CFM so my fan doesnt have to struggle to pull air. I believe I can achieve better airflow like this and keep the summer temps down. Even though I know that over watering is what caused my Bud rot on this grow I want to get more air flowing and fresh air in my closets.

I couldnt imagine growing without some type of device like my liquid transfer pump.... I tried a shop vac when first starting out and omg what a pain... Never again. Search amaz for liquid trasfer pump and you will find it. They are only about $12 and work amazing. The batteries last a long time as well!! Ive only changed them like 3 times in a year.. And i use it everyday.
71KDaDLmCQL_SL1500_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom