LSD - White Rhino - Venice Beach Afghan - 600 Watt HPS - Soil Grow!

I couldnt imagine growing without some type of device like my liquid transfer pump.... I tried a shop vac when first starting out and omg what a pain... Never again. Search amaz for liquid trasfer pump and you will find it. They are only about $12 and work amazing. The batteries last a long time as well!! Ive only changed them like 3 times in a year.. And i use it everyday.
71KDaDLmCQL_SL1500_.jpg

I like to water with overflow like you do. If I do larger containers this would work great so I don't have to keep lifting the pots over a bucket for the drainage like I do for my 1 gallon pots.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated :adore:

Omg yes. I use a huge 6 inch tall tote that is meant to go under a bed. I can flush with 10 gallons of water and still not have to worry about over flow. I couldnt image having to do that much work just to water hehe! With my massive 7 gallon pots and plants that wouldnt work for me anyway. My first grow i used these small ass saucer plates that are meant for indoor plants.... Boy did I work myself and was soooo frustrated. Good luck if you have any questions feel free to ask!

I can flush with 10 gallons of water and still not have to worry about over flow. I couldnt image having to do that much work just to water hehe! With my massive 7 gallon pots and plants that wouldnt work for me anyway. My first grow i used these small ass saucer plates that are meant for indoor plants.... Boy did I work myself and was soooo frustrated. Good luck if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Just ordered one :)

Hey Hunter,
Sorry its been awhile keeping myself to flat out but it was good to come back and have good read through a lot of your journal.

Ill start by saying your ladies are beautiful mate you've done a good job :thumb:

Now after reading I'm glad you didn't leave mate, I'm going to need a few members on here still using HID and like mentioned its a dwindling number now. I just harvested my SC grown under LEDS and I decided too when like you I got some bud rot/mould so I just harvested almost the whole lot, point is that although I have abit more to chop down I have gotten abit over 200grams wet maybe 250 grams wet once all chopped and whilst they are quality sticky dense nugs, I believe that if I had of been running the 600hps I'm going to start using I probably would of doubled the yield and that's with using only a few more watts and it also probably wouldn't have been as leafy.

Sorry I'm ranting abit now but I do think leds for the expense are just hyped way to much to make people rich when for so cheap the hps will always perform!

Hope your well mate and look forward to what's to come :thumb:

I agree! Those LED's are just hyped up from sponsored members that get them for free.. So my buds are finally good and dry and wanted to do a final update on this grow. Everything went great except for the unexpected bud rot from flushing to much and possibly higher humidity levels... Even though it never went over 50.

The White rhino was a disappointment as it was from the start. It always grew weird nodes and deformed tops... The smoke is actually good but no where near afghans. Afghan looks, taste, and is the best high of the two strains. It actually comes pretty darn close to my LSD strain but since my afghan is 25% sativa it gives a great creative mindset along with the good stoney of the indica. I can actually function and think somewhat after a hit or two. But if you smoke a whole joint or big bowl the indica really comes out lol...

Things that went wrong on this grow:
Needed to change HPS bulb (3 grows on it)
Over watering at end trying to flush.
Possible humidity spikes with rainy season.

Final weight:
White Rhino - 150 Grams
Afghan - 350 grams

Total for 600 watt draw power = 500 grams dried. Pretty good with the issues I had!

I lost at least 20 grams to bud rot and the rest is due to my bulb needing changing. I didnt think it would make such a big difference but I could tell once the buds started forming that they were not forming as fast. Lesson learned!

On with the pics!

Venice Beach Afghan

052801.jpg
052802.jpg
052803.jpg
052804.jpg
052805.jpg
052806.jpg
052807.jpg
052808.jpg

White Rhino

052809wr.jpg
052810wr.jpg
052811wr.jpg

Update 10 days in flower!

03181502.jpg

Your canopy may have something to do with the bud rot. Nice and thick and potentially held more moisture in there. That on top of the other fluctuations you talked about maybe have contributed to the rot.

Only suggestions:

1. would a fan underneath the canopy help?
2. Or maybe actually pull the air from under the canopy?
3. Or maybe some sort of defoliation to open the canopy up for air circulation?
4. Maybe? one less plant? you have the scrog down pat and could potentially fill up the grow space with less plants?

Thanks for sharing your grow. :peace:

You killed it with the afghan. Nice!

Things that went wrong on this grow:
Needed to change HPS bulb (3 grows on it)
Over watering at end trying to flush.
Possible humidity spikes with rainy season.

Final weight:
White Rhino - 150 Grams
Afghan - 350 grams

Thanks for the input Scarfinger! Im not ruling anything out as ive never had it before! I can give you a little more info on my space though and why I believe it was from over watering. My room pulls air from the bottom right of that picture and pulls the air through my plant to the top left. I had a fan at the bottom right blowing like you suggest but was not blowing on my canopy like I wanted so I moved it up top. My method doing the scrog like this, the under fan leaves usually naturally yellow and fall off by there self and usually clean the under canopy up naturally. When it was down to the last few weeks there was actually light shinning all the way to the smart pots. And also I did cut some fans to open the areas up. I think like you said its just such a small area and having so much plant in the room it just happened... For future im going to stick to 1 plant per room and ive been pretty successful at getting more air in the room. Ive also mounted a osculating fan so it blows the whole plant tops a lot better. Ill take pics tonight and post in my perpetual grow journal.

Close to the end I would move the big colas around because they were on top of each other. A few places I would see drops of water from them touching and not enough air moving. It should have thrown a red flag but it was getting close to the end so I ignored it! My mistake. The tops didnt have a support net on this grow so they fell over on each other... It was actually the big White Rhino cola that was in the middle of the space with a fan directly on it that was effected? Kinda weird... I never let them dry out though and flushed almost daily... I squeezed the big bud and it dripped with water. Hopefully it doesnt happen again! Thanks for help! Any ideas are appreciated!

My mouth is watering.

I'm sad that I've only arrived this late, but I must tell you that you definitely know what you're doing. I can't believe how fast your ladies are at growing. They sure must love the ambient you are providing them. I'm restarting my journey now and I must thank you for not leaving this community, you motivated me to keep pushing myself.

I'll follow your newest journal from now on.

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom