How well do they work?
Seems like they could lead to damage.

41dpIwxVEdL._AC_SY780_.jpg

Hi all,

Anyone using these?
How well do they work?
Seems like they could lead to damage.

41dpIwxVEdL._AC_SY780_.jpg
@Mastrmasn , personally I have no idea what that device is, how about some more info on it.

Looks like some kind of a medieval torture artifice.

I use some similar. The little green ones are about the same bend as the white ones above. I think the white ones might be adjustable though.
They are to tight of a bend for me and need to be used on very flexible shoots. You can remove them after a week and they still keep the bend. The green ones also have a lip that I had to snip off to make it easier to slide them over the stem.
The bigger black ones are good.

I use simple metal hoops (gardening stakes) for my LST training. I can get these in there easily and they are so portable that I can transplant with the entire restraint system in place. At the end of veg, they are easy to remove to allow the plant to go vertical, while still retaining most of the trained shape. Best of all, they are very durable and can be reused for a lifetime.
Here are a few pictures of them in action.

DSCF0847.JPG
DSCF1035.JPG
DSCF1037.JPG

They look like they could be used to obtain different radius curves and help achieve a specific desired result. They also look like you'd need to be very careful and make sure the plant is properly hydrated before trying to bend them or else you'd risk snapping branches. I always use the green rubberized wire which can be found on amazon to pull branches down. I've never seen these but they are making me think I'd like to try them.

i started with string and tape. that thing is a solution looking for a need. go with the string.

I love my lst clips. I have them in 3 sizes .

Mine have a small bar that runs across the arc so that I could also attach a green wire

Just need to take off prior to them growing squished like or it’s a bit difficult to remove.

Whatever it take to hold them down, spread them apart or bring them up from the depths.

FBFFBDA4-02CF-4842-A7D7-59DB5EDD5107.jpeg

CBBADDDD-2A1A-46B1-8752-02D0FE69FBC0.jpeg

those black ones I posted above have been working great but the little green ones are a tight bend.

of course I had to try to make some DIY ones. I used the padded green garden wire, so far so good.

Back
Top Bottom