LST during flowering stage?

coralcactus

420 Member
Hi everyone. I want to know whether I should stop lst during vegetative stage or should I continue until harvest?

Do you only do vegetative stage lst then release soft ties during flowering or do the soft ties remain till the harvest day? I've got an indica so it's super bushy and but is gaining height. I may have stuffed it up as I am really new to this and decided to take some of the ties off during vegetative because it looked like the plant was getting strangled and had no signs of upward growth. Should I have kept them on for the whole vegetative stage and is there still time to lst. I am about 1 week from starting flowering.

Also, if i have to stop lst during flowering what can I do about how bushy they are?

Any help would be great.

Welcome to 420,coralcactus :welcome:

I leave all the tiedowns on till about a month into flower-by then the plant is "hardened" enough
that it won't undo all the work you've done to train it.
The only reason I remove them at all is it makes them a little easier to water.
Actually,by the time they flower,they should be already trained into the basic
shape that you're looking for.
If they're too bushy now,you could do a little defoliation-remove the fan leaves that are blocking the light from potential budsites-don't get too carried away-the plant needs the fanleaves to supply the plant with the
energy it needs to grow.
Post up a pic of your plant if you can (in natural light,not blurple) It's always easier to advise if we've seen what you have to work with..

Not sure if the photos uploaded. I’ll try again
image.jpg

They look good...the best way to do a little trimming is to look straight down on the plant from directly above it-if you can see the budsites (tops) then you're good,because if you can see them,so can the light.
If you're going to flower them in a week,then you don't really have enough time to do much more lst,so probably just go with them as they are-they're going to double in size,but as long as you've got the room,that's not a bad thing...
Most people will do a little defoliation about 3 weeks into flowering,to clean up some of the bottom leaves,and allow more airflow through the plant...do a search for "lollipopping"to see how that should go.
It's not something that you have to do,It's just what some people do-chances are,by that time those lower leaves will be getting almost no light to them anyway,so the plant won't even miss them.

That's what I'd do-you will have to clip a few more now and then,but the more
leaves,the more goodies they supply to the plant,and a flowering plant needs all it can get..

Back
Top Bottom