LST For Beginners

TeddyTough

Hey All, I'm starting this thread in hope we can really help out us noobs with using the LST Technique. People forget some of us needs pictures ;) including myself. Yes most of the time we just want a quick answer because time is an issue or we just can't be stressed with all the reading. Lucky for you I don't mind either.

Yes, Pro's us lamen love you guys, but remember we don't have degrees in Botany so we need that little extra help. So please use this thread to teach us using simple language and yes Pictures.

After loads of searching the easiest way I can explain LST is in the Diagram Below. Feel free to add tips and links. Let this Journey be educational and Fun. God Bless us all with Great Growing and Harvest of Plenty.

20181127_160147.jpg

Hopefully this simple Diagram is Self Explanatory. Love to all

I've been using a modified "quad-line" method for awhile with really good results. If I do it correctly, I will end up with 10 decent tops.

Sorry, I wish I had taken better pictures of the process. I'm flying by the seat of my pants, most of the time. I forget stuff...
:ganjamon: lol

Here's a few pics as she stretched into her restraints...

Stay lifted y'all!
:passitleft:

and thats that .lol
next.....heehee
the diagram is a great example.
Boom :)

Nice diagram, thanks!!
Pleasure ;) Glad it helps.

I've been using a modified "quad-line" method for awhile with really good results. If I do it correctly, I will end up with 10 decent tops.

Sorry, I wish I had taken better pictures of the process. I'm flying by the seat of my pants, most of the time. I forget stuff...

Stay lifted y'all!
Now that's what I'm talking about. :) Great pics for illustration. Thanks Preston9mm :)

Stay lifted y'all!
with you there mate. have a couple on quadline and using more aggressive supercropping with a finger roll and squeeze till pop as cant scrog this time. only flattened them out today. havr been using 90°stem clips to shape a couple too. they are cheap as chips and very usable in young veg stage .
20181127_155047.jpg
20181127_155028.jpg
20181127_155020.jpg
20181127_155012.jpg
20181127_154956.jpg
20181113_092832.jpg
20181113_092420.jpg

I watched a grower using the same rolling and softening method. Using her fingers. Seemed to work. The only thing that worries me are the main plant feed system that run a through the stem, being damaged to much. But as I have learnt Our ladies are resilient plants and can vipe with a little more stress than one would want her to have.
with you there mate. have a couple on quadline and using more aggressive supercropping with a finger roll and squeeze till pop as cant scrog this time. only flattened them out today. havr been using 90°stem clips to shape a couple too. they are cheap as chips and very usable in young veg stage .
20181127_155047.jpg
20181127_155028.jpg
20181127_155020.jpg
20181127_155012.jpg
20181127_154956.jpg
20181113_092832.jpg
20181113_092420.jpg

20181127_155047.jpg
20181127_155028.jpg
20181127_155020.jpg
20181127_155012.jpg
20181127_154956.jpg
20181113_092832.jpg
20181113_092420.jpg
Yes I have seen those clips online, they seem a good buy.

Yes I have seen those clips online, they seem a good buy.
they are great tbh. as long as you take them off before the stem gets too tight in the gap. The supercropping does keep things lower and opens up side bids for straight up growth but as mentioned by another , it is better done in early mid veg.

Wait a minute wait a minute. LST for beginners and second post is quad-lining lol.
I’ll try to show a net LST but I use both high and low stress techniques at different points.
I start from seed, last several grows I topped, I may not the next grow but the advantage is that I am able to cut it back to second node or so and get 4 strong stalks to spread under net.
These pics are from start, recovered after topping and then trained down with stakes to get the bushiness. Also throughout this time I am supercropping a lot.

Then into final pot and under net. When grows through net they are LST down to encourage more branching.

Then there is the lollipop.

Then the stretch.

And bring on a tent full o buds. LST, supercropping, lollipopping, even quad lining kinda.

Wait a minute wait a minute. LST for beginners and second post is quad-lining lol.
I’ll try to show a net LST but I use both high and low stress techniques at different points.
I start from seed, last several grows I topped, I may not the next grow but the advantage is that I am able to cut it back to second node or so and get 4 strong stalks to spread under net.
These pics are from start, recovered after topping and then trained down with stakes to get the bushiness. Also throughout this time I am supercropping a lot.

Then into final pot and under net. When grows through net they are LST down to encourage more branching.

Then there is the lollipop.

Then the stretch.

And bring on a tent full o buds. LST, supercropping, lollipopping, even quad lining kinda.
excellent way to demonstrate it mate. do love scrogs but for me this crop , have too many diff heights to deal with plus the fact ( like a kid in a sweety shop) i have mixed strains and genetics going on too. supercropping is my only option and maybe a few tomato cages. Should kbiw better but barneys farm gifted me a load of seeds with hazes and i couldnt resist popping variety out. some 9 weeks f amd others 11 weeks so have stiffed myself when comes to flowering nute changes and flush.do love this hobby/life choice .lol

excellent way to demonstrate it mate. do love scrogs but for me this crop , have too many diff heights to deal with plus the fact ( like a kid in a sweety shop) i have mixed strains and genetics going on too. supercropping is my only option and maybe a few tomato cages. Should kbiw better but barneys farm gifted me a load of seeds with hazes and i couldnt resist popping variety out. some 9 weeks f amd others 11 weeks so have stiffed myself when comes to flowering nute changes and flush.do love this hobby/life choice .lol
Thank you! Easy to see I havnt figured plants out yet. I am 2 to 4 inches above net at flip and my plants now are over eyelevel. Each grow the stretch has been more and the buds bigger, leaving my net in the dust. I had to put in additional supports this run. I ran Seedsman CBD cream and cheese, indica heavy and a lemonchello haze from Seedsman. I have a nice canopy, got them to grow along side one another with the net without too much trouble. My plants stay where they are once they hit the final pot tho.

Thank you! Easy to see I havnt figured plants out yet. I am 2 to 4 inches above net at flip and my plants now are over eyelevel. Each grow the stretch has been more and the buds bigger, leaving my net in the dust. I had to put in additional supports this run. I ran Seedsman CBD cream and cheese, indica heavy and a lemonchello haze from Seedsman. I have a nice canopy, got them to grow along side one another with the net without too much trouble. My plants stay where they are once they hit the final pot tho.

for when i scrog , i keep tucking under until the stretch has done , then allow the vertical growth to start. am a big believer of heavy defol during setting scrog too. amazing how much they can refill with new fans right up until 4th flower week. it is easy to end up with a support net as opposed to scrog too. it is scary to keep pushing all that growth under the net if you haven't seen how quickly they use the net to their advantage , so fear completely filling it up through fear of stopping buds growing upwards. the opposite is the case in my experience.

once the vertical growth starts from under the net , the buds stacks tend to grow upwards to.. The strain , the lights , the temp and environment not to mention medium and nute program , all play a part in production and yield. when we start the Lst and everything else on top , it can be a guessing game until about week 5 of flower. see so many new growers worrying about their buds because the weight and size dont really start accelerating till this week i.m.o.
Add all these factors up and it can be a lucky dip instead of the stats written on seed sites.
I have learnt so much over the years that has shocked me , suprised , relieved and saved me from scrapping the the whole idea of growing ,numerous times. lol
prefer fat chunky buds to long airy ones myself so i try to avoid light being too far away and keep them bushier

once the vertical growth starts from under the net , the buds stacks tend to grow upwards to.. The strain , the lights , the temp and environment not to mention medium and nute program , all play a part in production and yield. when we start the Lst and everything else on top , it can be a guessing game until about week 5 of flower. see so many new growers worrying about their buds because the weight and size dont really start accelerating till this week i.m.o.
Add all these factors up and it can be a lucky dip instead of the stats written on seed sites.
I have learnt so much over the years that has shocked me , suprised , relieved and saved me from scrapping the the whole idea of growing ,numerous times. lol
prefer fat chunky buds to long airy ones myself so i try to avoid light being too far away and keep them bushier
I’ve carried on that growing is both skill, and luck. 2 grows ago they didn’t stretch much but was 10 gal pots and 600w. Repeated same steps with 20 gal pots and 1000hps and got 2-4 times the plant with same technique. I’ve been super lucky with nice buds. Last grow I didn’t get enough trim or popcorn to make any hash, it all went into curing jars.
Even my half Scrog gets good light to all bud sites, everything else is removed on lollipop for me recently.

I’ve carried on that growing is both skill, and luck. 2 grows ago they didn’t stretch much but was 10 gal pots and 600w. Repeated same steps with 20 gal pots and 1000hps and got 2-4 times the plant with same technique. I’ve been super lucky with nice buds. Last grow I didn’t get enough trim or popcorn to make any hash, it all went into curing jars.
Even my half Scrog gets good light to all bud sites, everything else is removed on lollipop for me recently.
it is great to see results folliwing all the training and efforts going in . folliwing a pythos disaster in nft , i had to grow out a mother plant of super iced grapefruit in a 20 gal soil pot. i scrogged her to nearly half my room ( my 1st attempt at it!) . i didnt know you stopped tucking and carried on separating bud sites to their own scrog hole. it looked nothing like the footlongs or donkey dick colas i had seen over and over , so i assumed i had blown it as the buds all looked fairly small compared .purely by inexperienced good luck , she gave me over 10 oz of an amazing smoke even though i had spaced her out to 1mx1m . her finished buds were rock solid dried too. pure luck and because she was mainlined for a mother plant only so bushy.
doing great there by the way

what happens if you mess up a FIM?

Back
Top Bottom