LST query - first grow

stokesy

I have Barneys Honey B and Arjans Strawberry Haze growing in soil, in a tent, under 600w HPS. After a few problems with temp control, (too low, too high), things seem to have settled down now, and I'm approaching 7 weeks in veg from seed. Theyr'e in 4 gallon (US) pots. Started to LST them two weeks ago, and things are looking good.
Looks like theyre about ready to switch to 12/12 - but they're only about a third of the way LST'd down round the perimeter of the pot.
Question is: Can I continue to LST them when they go into flower?

I don't see why not, but checking with you experts here..

Alternative is to let them go right round the pot which will take about another 2 weeks, and them put them into 12/12. REason I've let them go so far, is because I think they suffered setbacks early on, due to fluctuating temperature stress.
They're just now starting to show alternating internodes...\

Thanks, all...

Re: LST query - first grow..

Right.. looks like I got the pics working ok. I'm a bit concerned about the leaves with ribbed yellowing... on the Barneys Honey B. The Arjans Strawberry Haze seems to be ok, and they've all been getting the same treatment. They've only had one good dose of nutes, half measure.
The main question of course, still stands... Do I continue to LST when I switch them to 12/12? There's plenty of room in the pot to take the main stem all the way round, which was my idea... looking for confirmation - or otherwise. I'm in no hurry to rush this grow.. which will be long anyway, considering they're mainly Sativas.
Temperature is steady around 75F. Humidity is around 43%

IMG_21942.jpg

IMG_21933.jpg

IMG_21911.jpg

IMG_21922.jpg

IMG_21892.jpg

IMG_21881.jpg

IMG_21902.jpg

I have the height ok. So.. just let them go? I'd like to FIM them, but if I'm going to 12/12 them, I understand that would be putting a bit too much stress on them. Is that right? I was thinking of FIMing them and then giving them a week to recover, then switching them What you think to that?

I have the height ok. So.. just let them go? I'd like to FIM them, but if I'm going to 12/12 them, I understand that would be putting a bit too much stress on them. Is that right? I was thinking of FIMing them and then giving them a week to recover, then switching them What you think to that?

yeah if u fim givem a wk 2 recover

Ok. Do I have to fim just the main stem? I have others, because of the LST, that are edging up towards the light. Does it make sense to fim them? I'm thinking perhaps not...
The main stem is still snaking it's way round the perimeter of the pots..

Thank you so much.. I'm sticking with LSST on this one.. it seems the right thing to do.. seven weeks from seed, and looking great!

thanks again!

Top only the main stem!when the new growth forms from that point on the stem where you topped it, tie it down until flowering.you will know when to stop tie-ing these branches down as they will also eventually form huge colas.give the girls a week after topping to recover before going into flower though!

Good luck.will be keeping a close eye!

Back
Top Bottom