Lst?

digahdee

Hi 420,
Im at day 37 from seed on my first grow.

I was doing abit of reading on LST and decided to give it a try. I have been tring this method out for 4 days now, lowering them day by day. Can any one tell me if I am doing it the right way and for how long I should do this for.

Also I am looking at doing some super cropping when they are abit bigger and was wondering if any one knows of a good video link to watch and learn from.

Thanks

11272.JPG

2870.JPG

3749.JPG

4524.JPG

5407.JPG

Re: Lst ?

I can't tell from the pics...is the base of the plant anchored in the opposite direction of the forward bend?

I'd say, especially using hydroton, that you anchor that baby in the direction of bend and also in the opposite direction too.

Not sure if you did that as I can't really tell by the pics.

:Namaste:

Thanks for answering guys,
I have anchored at the base in the opposite direction of the forward bend. I think the 2nd pic is the best one to see what I have done to them so far. When you say anchor it in the direction of bend and also in the opposite direction, do you mean put 2 anchors down? Thanks for your replys

Thanks for answering guys,
I have anchored at the base in the opposite direction of the forward bend. I think the 2nd pic is the best one to see what I have done to them so far. When you say anchor it in the direction of bend and also in the opposite direction, do you mean put 2 anchors down? Thanks for your replys

No you've got it right. The loop looked a little large so at quick glance, it looked like irrigation line! Sorry..

Looks like you've got it right bro...I bent mine in the same way...works great..20 bud sites per plant with light exposure...mmmmm :)

Thanks for the advice guys,
I got one more question. How long do I keep them tied down for?
Thanks again

Well that depends...why are you tying them down in the first place?

Generally LST helps you to maximize the possible yield from your plants and once tied down, you don't untie them til harvest.

LST'ing is really great for small spaces to maximize your yield. If you have adequate vertical space, it's not really necessary but lots of people do it.

It's helped me to make my plants more manageable.

I read somewhere that by tying them down, helps get more yield at the end and helps the lower branches grow, that was why I tried it in the begining.
Im growing in a 1.2 * 1.2 * 2.0 grow tent.
This is my first ever grow so im learning something new all the time.
Thanks for your help

I read somewhere that by tying them down, helps get more yield at the end and helps the lower branches grow, that was why I tried it in the begining.
Im growing in a 1.2 * 1.2 * 2.0 grow tent.
This is my first ever grow so im learning something new all the time.
Thanks for your help

It looks like you're off to a good start, and I agree with GiantsFan about leaving them that way until harvest, though you'll probably be able to eliminate some tie down points as you move along. Keep the base of the stem stabilized, and move it a bit each day. It won't take long and you'll totally have the hang of it. You should get a lot more growth from the side branches and essentially several smaller colas (vs. one big one). When the plant's grow tip isn't making upward progress, the plant directs energy into the side branches. If you do LST correctly you'll have a nice even canopy of really great buds (instead of one big one and a bunch of smaller ones). in a smaller space you should be able to get a better yield by making better use of horizontal space (vs. Vertical).

Check out this diagram for a good example of how to do it:

LST Diagram

:goodluck: Hope this helps!

Thanks for that diagram Xlr8, thats going to be handy to work from in future. I hope I manage to do this properly. Thanks for the input from everyone so far - you have all helped me out.

No problem - it's really not nearly as hard as it looks and the plants tolerate it well as long as you don't try to do to much at a time. Little at a time each day.

Back
Top Bottom