Lucid Dreams

CustomMX6

Lucid dream - Wikipedia

I'm sure you guys have experienced a few of these? Pretty kickass... But I find that when I concentrate on it too much I wake up. I just brought this up because they made a big deal about it on the local news. Dreams are really weird, ....eh, It's too much to get into when I'm stoned.

:peace:

Lucid Dreams are amazing. Watch a movie called Waking Life it will make you think much differently about your dreams.

I finally got the ability to do and got pretty decent at making certain things happen, but never too intense... its great though, really trippy. Sometimes I would wake up and when I got out of bed I would try to fly to make sure I wasn't still dreaming.

oh hell yeah. you can definently catch yourself falling asleep. i can always tell when my thoughts start getting crazy and change quickly. ill be thinking bout my dogs then they will turn into giant dragons im trying to fight of with a sword then i jump in my car and go chill with some friends, just crazy shit. but ive definently had the same thing happen to me, you remember someone from long ago then they show up in your dreams. wild

how do you practice? i want to have a lucid dream but i just cant for some reason. its weird because my dreams are always about the strangest shit ever. but i dont know why i never think to myself, hey this could never happen in real life, so i must be dreaming!
sometimes i wake up and think that the dream i had was real and then i spend like 20 minutes trying to decide what actually happened and what was a dream. shits crazy....

Yeah I lucid dream all the time.. Like atleast 4 nights out of a week.. I've been doing it a really long time tho.. It is god damn awesome.

When I was in College back around 83-84 I read an article about dreams and they talked about ways to stop that falling dream by imagining you are flying instead of falling. It frickin worked! That was the start of my dream manipulation. Been doing it for years. Don't forget to keep a pen and paper next to your bed so you can write the trips down as soon as you wake up or they're lost forever.

CustomMX6 said:

Anybody read Carlos Castenada.

Journey to Ixland and Tales of Power

Don Juan (the sorcerer not the ladies man) teaches Carlos the art of dreaming in extreme detail - to the point of out of body awareness and actual travel in spriritual form.

In the 70's there was a huge debate whether this was fiction or non-fiction, and as I recall (not positive), he published as non-fiction.

The first 4 books in the series were the best

how do you practice? i want to have a lucid dream but i just cant for some reason. its weird because my dreams are always about the strangest shit ever. but i dont know why i never think to myself, hey this could never happen in real life, so i must be dreaming!
sometimes i wake up and think that the dream i had was real and then i spend like 20 minutes trying to decide what actually happened and what was a dream. shits crazy....

The best practice would be to just keep trying. Think hard before you sleep about your dream and what you'd like to be in it...and tell yourself it is very, very possible for you to do it. Just focus really hard, you'll get it...believe me.

Lucid dreams scare me. One day I'll ask someone something pertaining to a dream and I'll swear it was real. It's really scary becasue I can't tell my dreams from reality sometimes.

Lucid dreams are so incredible, I started practicing a bit ago and have had somewhere around six within the last year. My first was the best, I met my "Dream Doctor" who could tell me anything I wanted to know about dreaming. His name was Doctor Monisty Maloo. No joke. LD's rock.

I feel like I'm weird or something, doesn't this happen regularly to you guys at least a couple times a year? I thought it did for everyone?

Back
Top Bottom