Lumens Opinions

I know for optimum growth 10,000 lumens is necessary in order to achieve that. Currently im running my set up with 2 x 1600 lumens @ 6500k CFLs.

Im wondering, is that enough for the plant to even achieve growth, she was a freshly rooted clone (came only in rockwell cube and roots showing on bottom), and all ive notices is her losing her green and the cuts going yellow, and new growth hasnt kicked in to see any noticable growth since 5 days ago. Is the lighting a problem or is it the transplant shock to the soil (has time release nutes sadly)

High Xbox!

Took a look at your set up and i must say Looking good. For now your two bulbs will preform wonderfully. For now. You'll want to add more over time. If your interested feel free to take a gander at my current grow. Might help figure out your CFL questions.

Thanks for the info man, ive been looking at your Hempy grow and most of the comments and they've provided lots of useful information for me! Whats your opinion about putting her outside as long as the temperature is less than 90 and bringing her in for the CFLs to keep her in veg mode? I've been doing that the last 2 days, and ive seen her leaves become less droopy and angling towards the sky along with visible new growth. I also think one of my problems was not watering as often so ive changed that schedule for now. ;)

The Magic of a CFL is that you can add as many as you like. Use your creative juices and think of how the light radiates and get it to the best part of the plant with whatever you can that is safe and reliable. Remember that fans blowing make vibrations and you do not want things touching each other because of vibrations.

IMO Fresh Rooted Clones need to be babied more than seeds. Less Light, Less Nutes and do not let them run out of water. Depending on how long you root, new clones with limited root systems take too long to absorb moisture through fewer resources and are therefore just more sensitive.

all this 10000 lumen for this and 20000 for this is a prime excample of how people on these sights have made growing a weed sound like rocket science its simple mate usin them cfls is a waste of time all the time and hassle waitin for them to finish for what ?? a pocsy bit of weed.. they just aint strong enough ud be better runnin a 600 hid for like 8 hours a day if electrick a problem theyl finish in 6 weeks and u should get 10 oz back off it ? sell one theres ur electric sorted ?? and if u get a small solar panel to charge a 12 volt battery off the hid u can propagate for free ready for next 6 week turn around ???

all this 10000 lumen for this and 20000 for this is a prime excample of how people on these sights have made growing a weed sound like rocket science its simple mate usin them cfls is a waste of time all the time and hassle waitin for them to finish for what ?? a pocsy bit of weed.. they just aint strong enough ud be better runnin a 600 hid for like 8 hours a day if electrick a problem theyl finish in 6 weeks and u should get 10 oz back off it ? sell one theres ur electric sorted ?? and if u get a small solar panel to charge a 12 volt battery off the hid u can propagate for free ready for next 6 week turn around ???

i understand what your saying, i usually prefer outdoor grows, cause the light is free and all you need to do is check on em and water them. im just doing the CFL grow cause its a cheaper alternative and its not the right season to grow outdoors. So the CLF's will help me keep the indoor grow in veg mode and hopefully pull a couple of ounces. I should be able to cover my initial investment and electricity bill from that, and have some left over to enjoy.

G-Dog, thanks for those tips, those are some interesting incites, ill keep them in mind.

ye fair enough i find it grows 2 slow i bought one of those t5 ho lightwave things flourecent.. ment to be amazin ??? what a piece of shit its in the attic now dont bother with it ..and people say metal halide for veg ye they work but i just use osram hid 2 weeks there over a foot tall trigger em 10 hours of light a day 6 to 7 weeks and don... easy last grow i grew 4 afghan used 1 600 watt and had 24 oz dry.. i read these sights an the advise is bad man just complicatin somethin thats very easy? as long as u get a tough hardy plant like afghan and use good soil good feed like canna (what the dutch use) you wont have deficianseis then ? and if u get a pest problem fuck all this organic crap get a proper bug spray thats systematic an there gon and wont be back ?? i just spray mine end of veg so i know its don then.. its nice when enery day u look at ur plants there 4 5 inches taller and wider than day before aint it.. them floros should be called frusstratos take too long man u need to think of someone u dont like an use them as spears on em ?? go get some proper lights an give the plant what it needs (loads of bright lite) +loads of big buds .... fuck thats the most iv wrote since school.. look after ur self matey over an out

I have had great luck in the past with CFLs. Not for everyone and requires more personal touch, more messing around. Charging a battery from a solar panel to supply an HID is insane and impractical on many levels. Not even a consideration. Solar panels are for people that conserve energy and HIDs are not on their list. HIDs make a lot of heat and that is wasted energy (a technical definition of energy waste is 'heat').

I will agree that you can grow with HIDs with a lot less trouble than CFLs.

the only way to make solar feasible is to have a large installation that feeds extra onto the grid...then you get to buy the extra KW load you dont make back off the grid for half KW/hr price of a nonproducer. still looking at a 10k+ investment that wont pay off for 10-15 years or so...

Best way to use solar to grow weed is to build a greenhouse and ditch the artificial lights.

Back
Top Bottom