Lurch's 800w - AN - Scrog

Lurch Farmer

Welcome to Lurch Farms.
What we will be germinating all feminized seeds (I need a break from wasting time space and nutes on males) :
5 russian snow - Vision seeds
2 sour-d HSO
1 of each
lemon kush
Bubblegummer
blue og- G13l abs
skunk # 11- dutch passion
Advanced Nutrients Sensi grow and bloom and possibly big bud and overdrive and to counter possible warm water malfunktion some H2O2 will be on hand
One idea is a Russian and a diesel will be kept as mothers for next run (approx total veg time of 4 months)
I need to decide if I will use The Rack or RDWC?
Benefits of The rack
less water loss due to evaporation,
better control over water temp,
possible savings of nutes,
It is also an excellent SCROG platform, if used in mid veg to harvest
The only reason I second guess the rack is it will limit root growth, but if 70-80 gallons of water get pumped trough the system a minute, will this equal a 5 gallon bucket?
Although now that I think about it , I just grew 4 plants in the rack and cold air/water and the smallest one covered 21"x18" ,2oz dry and the largest 27"x 23" (not yet harvested)
That is all for now
:peace:

:party:the 'tude did me strait:party:
grow_00619.JPG

:party:
grow_00718.JPG

germed in a cup of water all eleven opened:party:
all are now in jiffy pots

Well so far the blue og ,skunk#11 and lemon Kush, have started the first set of leafs ,.
None of the others have moved since monday(first day in the jiffy starter pucks)
I am giving them till sunday then I will dig them up and see waz up. Hopefully They are good
I soaked them in water for 24h all seeds cracked and showed 1/4" stater be for placed in starter puck

Lurch Farms had a tuff month.
Of the 13 seeds germed 1 sour -d , blue og , skunk11 and bubblegummer
8x8x8_0361.JPG

Due to life , my young ladies went 3 weeks from seed -veg no nutes, and now 7 days after flip and half nutes:
Group shot
8x8x8_038.JPG

The leader Miss blue og
8x8x8_0391.JPG

The B-Gummer and skunk
8x8x8_041.JPG

I am also running 20 bagseed 12/12 in the same room ,on The Rack 2.0
8x8x8_0371.JPG

I was gifted a Hydrofarm Emily's garden kit, thinking is it would make an veg unit ?
Or add 3 more for a 4 unit - 4-6 plant each Rdwc adding ebb-n-flow controler and 100 gallon res?
But first we must see how good it will do in its basic form with the only change being the addition of a 20 gal res with continuous flow pump, and upgraded air pump .
that is all I got for now.

Unfortunately we been fighting with the occupants of the off site grow and temps , in both directions, high 102 f and lowes of 60f.
The room is in the basment of a house with central air . my thinking was with the central air the temps would be easyer to control, but this will only work if the house is set at the same temp, Between 2 fan temp controler and 3 extra inline fans we got it under control, but I think it is to late to save this run,
With this being my first attempt at sealed room grow, went better than expected but i know I need to be there every day now instead of relying on a daly e-mail pic.

Now I got root rot
the air pump died after my last res change and the 12" waterfall return to res is not enough air for the blue og or the diesel but the bag seed were not affected at all.
temps are a consistent 70/80
ph is the same from change to change 5.7,
water temps 64-70 ,
ppm 1300 -1700 ,burn starts any higher on the og . the bag seed can take almost 2000 ppm.
I will not run multi strains in the rack again .

We gave these girls 1 last ditch cleaning effort a gallon of hydrogen peroxide and 10 gallons of water and set the pump on full blast for 24 hours.
The amount of dead roots in the bottom of the res was astonishing.looked like a whole plant!!!
I will give them another 7 days with new air pump to see if they grow any , if not then I got some coconut oil to cook up.
The rack will be going in to storage at the end of this grow, but I can't brig my self to give up on it yet,
and I will concentrate on larger scog plants, shooting for 1 lb per.

Well this will be the last for this journal
a few pics of the salvage effort
sour-d
IMG_185414.JPG

blue og
IMG_185311.JPG

the bag seed before trim
IMG_185917.JPG
IMG_185717.JPG
IMG_185814.JPG
IMG_185514.JPG

and after
IMG_186116.JPG

What was learned from this grow
When running a dwc setup of any kind COMPLETELY COVER ALL THE WATER IN THE SYSTEM AND IN THE RES.
This is the soul reason for the failure of the rack ME LEAVING THE COVER OFF THE MAIN RES
this happened on both runs of the rack.
how could I be so lacking in brain power
now the good news The blue og gave up a 17 gram dry
sour-d gave up13g
and the bag seed , wet was 44 g, should dry down to 12 or so

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

congratulations on your harvest! will "The Rack" make a return?
Thanks Kinglohn,
The rack is going in to storage for the moment, but will make a re appearance around october if plans work ,
I think a sour-d clone army with a 1 month veg, sensizym to alleviate the root rot late in flower, and a lot more air in the res. The lights are yet to be decided.

Back
Top Bottom