Lurch's Grab Bag First Grow "The Restart"

Lurch Farmer

High people we had a few hiccups , test ran good started with 15 seeds finished with deepfried cookatoo.ok lets get this goin:
Strain unknown (10 seeds from 5 different strains I had, kept separate and marked why I saved them (ie.good flavor, pretty to look at,heady)
Started germ on 12/21 paper towels wetted with General Hydroponics "floral nova" and Extream Gardening Mykos (1/8 tsp each in 5 gal then added to paper). now stand 1/2 in high
12618.jpg

Setups are both DWC
1. basic 6 - 5 gal with 3.5 in basket with clay beads, and air stone
2. 8 2 gal dishpans each with 1.5 gal buckets (have not desided weather to plant strait in 1.5 with beads or 3.5 basket suspended in 1.5 ) .
13216.jpg

took that pick yester day , built new light setup for more down lighting, fewer lights , wires,and less power usage
1. various CFLS 1560 watts (i add incandescent replacement values
2. 4 - 300w cfls (no pics will add later)(2 natural/day 5000k, 4300 lumens, and 2 bright white,4100k can't find box for lumins raiting
I am in the process of building a co2 bottle system.
In the past two months I have learned about building my own power strips, riging up lights and power cords and other useful skills.Thanx to a few people the light sockets came from hotel bedside lamps and vanity mirrors, outlets ,and wood came from a motel getting demoed. the buckets are from the laundry room of another hotel.
Not including the bird food(lol) and the time I have invested a grand total of $ 350 invested.Lights, air hose, pumps, splitters, and about 100 band aids,LMAO.

I hope i am doing this journal right.
I am one thoes people that is in constant tinker mode, and thank god HD and lowes have ago return policy. lol
IMG_12359.JPG

I do believe i was a little over ambishious when starting this grow, 37 out of 50 seed are veging like crazy i guess I could attempt a SOG but will this work with 5 different stains, guess we will find out.
Just want to thank everyone for all the helpful info now if i could figure out an easier was to post to my journal :thanks::peace:

Hehehe, 100 Band-aids! What does not kill you makes your plants stronger.

Subbed. I love the DIY.

P.S. I noticed aluminum foil, and white foamcore everywhere for reflection. Did you know that Mylar Emergency Blankets (6.5'x5') are about $2 at sporting goods stores?

:thanks: jandre2k3
Thanks for the info.
Most of the foam core and foil are gone now, as better and brighter light setups get designed... ok built on hope and prayer. For some reason they keep getting more and more simple.:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

:circle-of-love:
Ok lots of changes for the better,
13216.jpg

light set !. way to sloppy wires all over MAJOR DANGER .The square buckets are out and 16 1 gal black buckets are in easier to work with but more work
IMG_12407.JPG

light setup 2. safe but not enough light
IMG_12407.JPG

light setup 3.a little heavy but sturdy and safe. also allows for additional lights
IMG_12438.JPG

I just noticed i did not give any of my info you know the what where and when
I will be moving seedlings to veg station later to day .
I will be back with more picks

this is the stat sheet for the rest of the grow

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? unknown as all in veg are bag and 1 autoflower jack herr and flowering i have 1 Jack and 8 more i call the jerks of bag origin,I have been using as my LST expearaments
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? veg
If in Veg... For how long? they were dry seed on 12/20
If in Flower stage... For how long? Jack and the Jerks,vegged (and abused for 40days) , flower 2 weeks
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? hydro
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light? 16- 23w "daylight" cfl =368 wat use"=" 1600w and 4 foot t12 floresent 1 bright and 1cool
Is it aircooled? you could say that but not intentional
Temp of Room/cab? 80 day, i use a space heater to keep night temps at 73
RH of Room/cab? not sure
PH of media or res? 5.0-6.7( tap water, i live less than mile from water treatment facility, ph from tap has read of the charts
Any Pests ? no
How often are you watering? about 2-3 cups every other day
Type and strength of ferts used? advanced nutriance senci grow/bloom ,and bud candy, starting half strangth for two weeks, i use watering bucket to increase till full ( auto jack started to explode when she met the senci bloom and bud candy
Bucket Size - 1.5 gallon
Medium - clay balls.
no cloning on this run as my house lease will be up defiantly in the next set up
we will see what happens,

High hopes but low expectations:peace:

IMG_11969.JPG

The Grab Bag ladys in there new home.I believe i will have to build a temp station to house a few of these ladys, OOPS a little over zealous.
When germing I assumed only 15-20 would go any where, who knew 5 plus year old seeds would still dance. It is a :party: and yall'er invited.

I've popped toasted seeds! These little beautiful seeds are true wonders of nature... They can survive up to 10 years, if carefully cared for.

Every mornining I feel like a little kid at christmass, I find it hard to wait till "sunrise ".
first I raise the lights and say good mornin to the ladys and proceed to check water and how tall ( I know this is unnecessary but as they are of unknown nationality. Just lookin for a mother or 2).
IMG_120812.JPG

The Grab bag one week ago
IMG_12296.JPG

The Grab Bag this mornin
Jack last week covering 1.5 sqft
IMG_12028.JPG

Jack this mornin covering over2.5 sqft, after a "green light hair cut"
IMG_123510.JPG

In pic #2 the lady peekin out from the station on the bottom right of pic Shows no or little growth directly under lights but grows like mad when in the corner, is this normal for some of our beloved friends?
As I have way to many ladies to lst them all,I will be experimenting,half LST, half let them do as they please.
oh yeah, I am now using 40- 23w= 100w natural light cfl bulbs for the veg station.
does any one know where i could find plans/ instructions for a diy led grow lighs.
I found places to buy the parts but no how to on assembly or All parts needed. This would be helpful.

this is gonna get so outta hand! i love it! you may need a bigger light buddy, but none the less your gonna have a forest of lst lovely ness! might wanna get into flower soon since they will undoubtedly stretch a lot,and you might not wanna spend alot of time and money/nutes on a bunch of males! i like having 1 around for breeding, but not a whole platoon! lol, its looking good in here, oh i wanted to let you know your link in your sig is not taking ppl here its going to the main homepage ,you might wanna fix that so you will get more traffic in here!, have you checked out the monthly contest's? those are fun heres the link >>420 mag contests<< you can vote for ppl plants and buds!! ok well keep up the good work!!:high-five::goodjob::thumb:

this is gonna get so outta hand! i love it! you may need a bigger light buddy, but none the less your gonna have a forest of lst lovely ness! might wanna get into flower soon since they will undoubtedly stretch a lot,and you might not wanna spend alot of time and money/nutes on a bunch of males! i like having 1 around for breeding, but not a whole platoon! lol, its looking good in here, oh i wanted to let you know your link in your sig is not taking ppl here its going to the main homepage ,you might wanna fix that so you will get more traffic in here!, have you checked out the monthly contest's? those are fun heres the link >>420 mag contests<< you can vote for ppl plants and buds!! ok well keep up the good work!!:high-five::goodjob::thumb:

Controlled chaos:party:
I been tryin to get link right <just can"t figure out . should stop tokin for an hour LMAO.
420 is the first form or chat I have ever used, might have to ask the smarter 1/2 for help.hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

you might wanna consider blue planet nutes they are every bit as good as any of the top nute brands, and designed to out perform them! but they are 1/2-1/4 the price,a sponsor here at 420mag, and your buying from a small american owned and operated company, when i order i talk to the owner corey he is the most awesome "pro cannabis" guy you ever met, he believes in the movement so much, his nutes are designed specifically for cannabis hell even the labels has pics of beautiful buds on it!! i highly recommend them you can read more at the link in my sig and at his site Blue Planet Nutrients
many growers including myself have had fantastic results!
i give them a 5 star rating and did a review of the hydro 2 part elite and liquid blue bloom booster im the blog, i just thought you might wanna know about it!:Namaste::high-five::thumb::thumb:

Will useing the veg lights (natural or blue)to start flower and stay for month till i can get the soft or red-ish be ok for them?
thanxs for the imput
:peace:

thanks to BID. I will be turning to 12/12 feb 15 for flower as the 14th is my b day and if it goes as planed I will be goin to HD or Lowes to get more lights and the grow shop for An nutes

Hey, just to let you know, I've tried a couple of AN's nutrients the pH Perfect and Jungle Juice. I like the jungle juice better for some reason: Must be the price, but goth worked pretty well. So if you're goin AN, go with the Jungle Juice 3 part: Grow/Micro/Bloom.

I have no idea about their organics, as this time 'round I went hydro, so BID would prolly be a better help if you're going for the organic side.

We do have a resident nute guru that hangs out in the forum from Blue Planet Nutrients. So there might be a good option for you as well. And the prices for the nutes are pretty damn good.

Controlled chaos:party:
I been tryin to get link right <just can"t figure out . should stop tokin for an hour LMAO.
420 is the first form or chat I have ever used, might have to ask the smarter 1/2 for help.hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
just copy the link in the address bar at the top of the screen when you are on page 1 of your journal to your sig in the user cp/edit signature screen, thats the non fancy way!

Will useing the veg lights (natural or blue)to start flower and stay for month till i can get the soft or red-ish be ok for them?
thanxs for the imput
:peace:
i have gone from seed to harvest with the "blue" veg lights with no problems, my plants were very tightly compact and i liked the results
thanks to BID. I will be turning to 12/12 feb 15 for flower as the 14th is my b day and if it goes as planed I will be goin to HD or Lowes to get more lights and the grow shop for An nutes
you gonna wait that long huh? well they will be nice n huge lol how old will they be at that point?:welldone:

oN FEB 20 will be 60 days from seed. The tallest is 8.5 in and the shortest is 6.
Until I hit this site I herd very little about BPN , and so many great things about A N,i went with it.
I plan on giving three or four different nute company s 4 or 5 grows each to see what will work .
I looking to use A N hobbyist level grow combo next. If I get it right and please the ganja gods, I might try the next kit up.
I will defiantly be trying out the BPN in the near future
This is the only grow I can " squeeze in before june.Then it is break down move set back up.this time I will use my auto cad to design then build right the first time . Now that I have a good place to find solid info about our "hobby". I love constructive criticizim (I know, I know bad spelling but spellchecker is stuped on this one)I am always open to info.
Any chance you know of any one who has built a led light from scratch? I found all the parts found in a sponsors $ 700 panel for $ 375. but can not find a tutorial with pics(yes i like reading instructions. as it turns out I save allot of money this way),I am sure I can do the work but finding instructions for a diy led light panel of quality seems impossible.
lol

Back
Top Bottom