Lu's Cannabis Adventures - Hydro Micro-Grow

flinhydro

Greetings and welcome to my first ever grow journal! To begin I will give you some background of myself and my reasons to pursue happiness(by growing cannabis). While this will be my first grow experience, I have been a lurker for many months, doing my research, watching other's grow journals, etc. Call me Lu. I am simply tired of buying my medicine and wish to know what goes in it exactly !

I have found that thankfully through sites like these, we can all communicate and help each other in any situation. I will be greatly appreciating any advise from the OG's and of course, the best way to learn, is to dive right in !

I greatly enjoy seeing the growth progress so I will definitely share photos I am already in week 2 in a hydroponic setup and is showing so much growth!! I'm amazed for my first grow and even though they are bag seeds, I have ordered some genetics, just unfortunately still waiting for my nirvana order and my fatman seeds usa order.

Details:
What strain is it? Bag seeds
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? x
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? veg
If in Veg... For how long? planning for 4 weeks veg then flip
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? hydro
If soil... what is in your mix?x
If soil... What size pot?x
Size of light? MARS 300W LED (gets 130~+-5 Watts) plus 72W CFL (have x4 bulbs)
Is it air-cooled? 220 cfm inline exhaust fan
Temp of Room/cab? 85 highest before adding fan; 77-80 average.
RH of Room/cab? 40-50%
PH of media or res? 6.4
Any Pests ? hopefully not
How often are you watering? hydro
Type and strength of ferts used? canna coco nutes a&b (was going to use coco originally) plus calmag. first feeding was 15ml of each in 2.5-3 gallons of water plus 3ml of calmag.

My grow space is limited to 2x2x3 so definitely LST and scrog will definitely be needed. I am looking for enough for personal use as to save money while knowing exactly what goes in my medicine and the ability to choose strain.

Picture of setup day 1 :

IMG_029647.JPG

Day 13 (ignore rh %)
IMG_038745.JPG

As you can see, NOT PERFECT but these babies have been on turbo mode but since i can't compare personally with soil's rate, I'm just amazed. To give you more of an idea whats happening now:

Day 13 and first time i had to change the water completely and I'm worried about my roots as they are showing signs of root rot. I am already planning on tomorrow morning going to buy hydroguard, as I've read it shows good results, or perhaps someone can recommend something else? Going to buy it regardless as to stop this problem ASAP. Water temp is room temp around 75-77 degrees, highest was 79. I added a fan on day 8 to help with temp and also have raised the led as much as possible, seemed to work.

Possible root rot?
IMG_038539.JPG

As you can see i have lots of bubbles with a 4 outlet air pump, dividing 2 with each air stone. Ph is maintained around 6.4 and the feeding of nutes have been low as to not overfeed and get nute burns but one of my plants do show some signs of something. Regardless, the water was changed today so i will know in the next coming days. This will be the first post in a long adventure with these babies and of course i will definitely make another once my genetics come in! lessons will be learned but this is the time for it! Happy Smoking !

As to not include more photos of the growth would be teasing you all! Heres from day 1, ENJOY! :thumb:

For this grow day 1 will be consider November 5th as they were raising from the rock wool and had their first set of leaves the follow day(2)
4 of 5 seeds germinated in paper towels after soaking for 24 hrs. I started with four but had to cut one off. I will name the two biggest A & B as they sprouted faster than C, which is behind a couple days ( and shorter)

Day 3
IMG_030047.JPG

Day 4 I had no nutes in the water originally and they were off to a rough start by the looks, all that changed shortly after.
IMG_030851.JPG

Day 5; All showing signs of growth and recovery. I had added the nutes (15ml of a&b cannacoco) on the 4th day plus 2 ml of calmag.
IMG_031343.JPG

Day 6 First roots hitting water :D plant A is the focused one. B is on the left while C on the right. TOP was removed.
IMG_032649.JPG
IMG_033651.JPG

Day 8
IMG_034544.JPG

Day 9
IMG_034938.JPG

Day 11 Flowers were showing signs of light burn i thought (leaves curling up, but could be due to root rot possibly) but i raised the lights higher and the temps were a little lower as a result.
IMG_035038.JPG

Day 12
IMG_037243.JPG

Day 13 (moments ago)
IMG_038745.JPG

I do apologize for the current contrast of the photos, I will be turning off the LED when i capture photos for the journal. That's all for now folks! Will update every couple of days and any questions are welcomed and hope to receive feedback on the current status! Thanks!

I will also state as this is my first grow, it is possible that these will be males so this will be just for the hands on experience and next one will be with genetics and auto flowers due to space limits.

PrincessFiona :welcome: to my journal! Ill go ahead and have a bowl rip for you. To celebrate as well I bring pics. Feel free to share your girls along my thread to compare growth and list your details!

Since last update, I have had to address a minor but serious root rot which I'm still not 100% clear as my hydroguard arrives tomorrow and Ive been using peroxide 3% as a temp fix which has been working Ill tell you that. Ill take a picture of the roots for next update.

What I have done to my main girl, A, was top her at the 4th node. She rewarded me with her with showing promising growth the next day. I am considering removing plant B and C as the roots haven't interlocked just yet and it'll be easier now to then i can just focus on one..

Thankfully my AUTO MAZAR seeds came in the mail so they are my main objective now lol. A will keep growing and will be my test subject and hopefully she'll treat me right...

Enough! Pics will say everything I want to. Please advise me if i should just keep A (the biggest and fastest growing)
It just hurts to do so since I get attached too fast :laughtwo:

day 14
A
IMG_038952.JPG

B
IMG_039546.JPG

Day 15
Before topping
IMG_040351.JPG

After topping at 1:00 PM Day 16
IMG_040744.JPG

8 hours later
IMG_040951.JPG

Did some removal of fan leaves and heres their current state @ day 16(11:00PM)
IMG_041145.JPG

Again, super sorry for the LED light.. Ill make sure to unplug it before photos :thanks:

So pretty much, Im learning what NOT to do for my next grow.. I need advise as to remove the other two plants and place my money on A, which could end up as a male but oh well! In any case, Im enjoying this hobby and it'll help my health as well.. After topping A showed good response and it seems like the root rot has been reduced greatly. Lots of undergrowth is expected with the removal of fan leaves.

Thanksgiving update!

The babies are doing well considering a minor root rot that slowed the growth but they are back on track with lots of undergrowth happening. I expect in a week or so Ill be flipping for flowering just to finish these since i received my genetics finally!! I will be growing blueberry kush auto flower from nirvana. In the process of germinating the seed but once that pops you already know.. Heres some pics from A and B . I removed C as i knew it was lag A & B behind and it was the runt. She's actually got planted outside since my pops felt bad and didn't wanna kill her lol. Lets see what happens.

Pics:

IMG_043836.JPG
IMG_043938.JPG
IMG_044039.JPG
IMG_044445.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom